It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions blasts California lawmakers for passing sanctuary state bill, says lives at stake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Madness in full avalanche as the California Legislature passes a "Sanctuary State" bill !!

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has responded with shock and awe.

The bill needs the Governor's signature to become "effective", as well as trigger lawsuits.

?? Apparently it "would be" illegal for local police departments to cooperate with Federal authorities concerning illegal immigrants when those immigrants are taken into custody for crimes ??

? Is that what the bill says ?

Whatever it says, I bet it's crazy.

Session s blasts California lawmakers for passing sanctuary state bill, says lives at stake

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Tuesday called it “unconscionable” that California lawmakers passed a sanctuary state bill that stops local police from cooperating with federal authorities to deport illegal immigrants.

“The bill risks the safety of good law enforcement officers and the safety of the neighborhoods that need their protection the most,” Sessions said during a speech in Portland, Oregon. “There are lives and livelihoods at stake.”

State legislators in California passed sanctuary state legislation over the weekend that bolsters protections for illegal immigrants in the state. The legislation will now be considered by Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown, who has announced his support for the bill.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anything that Sessions is for I am against. I have that little respect for the man. So I guess I am now for sanctuary states go figure.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Anything that Sessions is for I am against. I have that little respect for the man. So I guess I am now for sanctuary states go figure.

Wait, while I agree he is a Tool of the Right, and a broken one at that, what about you..?

You do understand you can despise him and at the same time recognize that the Bill California Lawmakers passed is asinine?

Most likely not in your case, huh?

Fool...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Lol the guy is a dinosaur.

Wonder when they address the real problem....Sanctuary employers that take part in recruiting and trafficking.

My guess is never since you know donations and stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That's was my first thought too!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The bill is against Federal Immigration Law. As was Obama's Dream Act.
Perhaps Cali will be forced into seceding.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Frankly it's all BS.

8 million working Mexicans can surely be found through their employers, the employers can be fined and forced to pay for the situation they created. By the way Texas had more illegals then I have ever seen in any state. Pretty sure Rick, George, and Gregg know/knew their are and have been millions going to work every day and where to find them in the boom cities across Texas.

When you stop and look at the reality it isn't about the laborers it's about the billions the employers saved by paying under the table.
edit on 19-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Frankly it's all BS.

8 million working Mexicans can surely be found through their employers, the employers can be fined and forced to pay for the situation they created. By the way Texas had more illegals then I have ever seen in any state. Pretty sure Rick, George, and Gregg know/knew their are and have been millions going to work every day and where to find them in the boom cities across Texas.

When you stop and look at the reality it isn't about the laborers it's about the billions the employers saved by paying under the table.

Not disagreeing. Especially with the last part. Yet Texas hasnt proposed any Sanctuary City laws (or State) . The only ones proposing it are the Mexican government.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I just meant the talking tough about immigration is a dog and pony show. Deporting a couple hundred may look cool but the reality is if they don't make everify and alike things mandatory they will be a bribe or conex. container away from a new job everyday.

Frankly a temp visa system would also help but hey what do I know. I am just a carpenter who worked in Texas for 15 years.
edit on 19-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The bill is against Federal Immigration Law. As was Obama's Dream Act.
Perhaps Cali will be forced into seceding.

No declare claifornia in rebellion and go in and arrest the leadership of california.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just as a weird thought..

We know X number of illegals kill X number of people every year, but how many people are saved by illegals???

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Just as a weird thought..

We know X number of illegals kill X number of people every year, but how many people are saved by illegals???

Very Very good question.

I imagine CNN should research that and make a special report.

Wonder why they have not done that yet ?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nice to know that our AG is still alive...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Wait, while I agree he is a Tool of the Right, and a broken one at that, what about you..?

You do understand you can despise him and at the same time recognize that the Bill California Lawmakers passed is asinine?

I don't see it as being asinine. The whole reason these sanctuary cities became a thing was because 7 times out of 10 when a state or local police force held an illegal in jail for the federal government to come get the feds never showed up to get 5hem or it was months or even years latter when they did.

Without federal funds to do so why should state government do the feds job?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

FYI...existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

originally posted by: BestinShow

I don't see it as being asinine. The whole reason these sanctuary cities became a thing was because 7 times out of 10 when a state or local police force held an illegal in jail for the federal government to come get the feds never showed up to get 5hem or it was months or even years latter when they did.

Without federal funds to do so why should state government do the feds job?

Great. So you agree that the Obama Administration did a poor job enforcing immigration by not showing up. You make it sound like Sanctuary Cities wanted to help but the Obama Government didn't want to do it's job.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

The analogy of todays youth,just because someone does their job it might irritate a liberal,no intelligent recourse given other then a personal opinion

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

The analogy of todays youth,just because someone does their job it might irritate a liberal,no intelligent recourse given other then a personal opinion

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

lol liberal. I voted Trump. I stopped supporting him as soon as he named sessions. It was proof he is the same as all the other ones.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Does building them a 4000 sqft house for $200k count?

People are very confused at who the bad guys are here.

We can either get rid of a couple hundred in sanctuary cities or admit the reality is employers have been recruiting and trafficing illegals to cut labor cost and increase profit.

The consumers looked the other way to get cheap services.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join