It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-olds On Football Team kneels During National Anthem ahead of recent game

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Every player on the Cahokia Quarterback Club football team (8 and under) took a knee during the national anthem ahead of Sunday’s game at Little Devil’s Field in Belleville.

Say what you will about freedom of expression for free thinking folks.

Coach Gooden said his player responded, "Because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail.”

This isn't free thought, it looks to me like indoctrination.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This just pisses me off. kids only have a few years to be kids let them be kids..... Plenty of time for adult shi... later.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Good point. They were told to do that.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Every player on the Cahokia Quarterback Club football team (8 and under) took a knee during the national anthem ahead of Sunday’s game at Little Devil’s Field in Belleville.

Say what you will about freedom of expression for free thinking folks.

Coach Gooden said his player responded, "Because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail.”

This isn't free thought, it looks to me like indoctrination.

Yes that my point.

Imagine if a team refused stand because they wanted it to be know they though Obama was anti american.

Or if at the little league world series, the kids refused to shake Japans hand because they though Japans government was evil for the Fukishima cover up.

Of course its legal, but it reeks of indoctrination.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Coach induced. Probably threw down some propaganda that this would help em win .
8 year olds are not political. They are there to play the game. Period.
So , therefore this ignorant sack 'o sh** is ruining the game for them

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My kid will get her ass kicked if I catch her disrespecting the flag.

I don't see how it's disrespectful to the flag to bow on bended knee during the National Anthem.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So is turning your back on the flag, so is wearing a hat during the Anthem, so is not standing for the Anthem. There are lots of rules that society follows, and when they are not it shows disrespect.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I guess Jehovah's Witnesses are unpatriotic and do not respect the flag.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Do they choose due to religious beliefs not to stand during the anthem? Serious question, as I truly don't know.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: seasonal

8 years old also twerk in the end zone but I very much doubt they know what they are doing.

Does an 8 year old know what they're doing when they pledge to a flag/country/government?

IMO kids should not be pledging to anything beyond their immediate life involvements. And even then it should be by choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Do they choose due to religious beliefs not to stand during the anthem? Serious question, as I truly don't know.

They do not work in industries associated with the military, do not serve in the armed services, and refuse national military service, which in some countries may result in their arrest and imprisonment. They do not salute or pledge allegiance to flags or sing national anthems or patriotic songs. Jehovah's Witnesses see themselves as a worldwide brotherhood that transcends national boundaries and ethnic loyalties.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would think it's a choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Oh the kids are JW?

I think the kids should have been told to stand for this game and then talk to their parents so they can be informed. The coach is not there to give political (hard to believe these kids are being used as pawns) info.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Oh the kids are JW?

I think the kids should have been told to stand for this game and then talk to their parents so they can be informed. The coach is not there to give political (hard to believe these kids are being used as pawns) info.

The prevalent issue here is "coaching" and "indoctrinating" the kids. Another issue is being disrespectful. So are the JW kids being disrespectful when it comes to anthem?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Coaches used to teach kids good sportsmanship and how to be good human beings.

When was that?

Before athletes got million dollar paychecks?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

This is no place for truth, please stop.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The story did not say, but I don't think these 8 year olds are under contract for millions of $.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thanks for that info

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Annee

The story did not say, but I don't think these 8 year olds are under contract for millions of $.

Scouts are recruiting young athletes.

The competition is fierce.

I'm old enough to have experienced both.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I don't particularly think the kids were JW. It did not mention religion in the story, only the killing of blacks with out people (murderers) being jailed.

Are you asking me if religious beliefs trump standing for a song? Or course they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join