It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-olds On Football Team kneels During National Anthem ahead of recent game

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Do you have any knowledge that the kids felt like it was a political stunt?

Anyone can complain anytime (obviously). I find it ironic that folks who were falling over themselves to justify and apologize Nazis marching down an American street with torches was "just a speech act" and this isn't.

Aren't you the one who regularly talks about not being emotional in difficult circumstances and depending on being rational?

Rationally, this is an act the kids chose. It's not illegal, and in the context of where and when it happened, there's no evidence that the folks there were offended ... so why should we be?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Coaches used to teach kids good sportsmanship and how to be good human beings.

Now they teach civil disobedience and disrespect.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

The kids should have been told to stand for this game and talk to their parents so they can make an informed decision. The coach is not there to pass this info to these cartoon watching kids.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Gryphon66

An eight year olds opinion of broccoli is that it's icky.
I still made mine eat the damn stuff.

They are way to young to understand the situation.
I also feel that way about little kids being baptized, they have no idea what's going on.

Let their parents protest.

I'm well aware that most people don't assign kids any right to free will or self-determination.

How do you know that they do and don't understand?

Perhaps they are doing what they've seen their parents do? Or what they've heard in conversation?

Folks here are all about "my kids are mine and I can do what I want" ... I'm not sure why this would be different.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Bigger stuff to be concerned over then what a bunch of 8 YOs do at their game. Although I am a bit surprised the parents didn't get into a rather large brawl. Maybe next time.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Free will, self determination to 8 year olds. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I've coached eight year olds.
After every game was over at least one would ask if we won.
They do not have the ability or life experience to understand the situation. Not yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The only thing 8 year olds should be worried about is ice cream, candy, cartoons and riding bikes with friends. Let kids be kids,they have enough to worry about when they become adults.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I've coached eight year olds.
After every game was over at least one would ask if we won.
They do not have the ability or life experience to understand the situation. Not yet.

I appreciate your experience, but that's just an appeal to your own authority.

You're making a blanket statement that doesn't fit individuals.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
DP
edit on 19-9-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Coach Gooden said his player responded, "Because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail.”
fox2now.com...

The coach explained the situation with the NFL players taking a knee and told the team it would be OK if they felt compelled to do so, as long as they understand why. They all did take a knee.

When the anthem started, the Cahokia third graders immediately took a knee where they were standing. Their backs were away from the flag—but not on purpose—according to Gooden.

Do they mean the one's killed by the Police, or all the one's killed by other black people? The second one is a much, much bigger problem.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Most 8 year olds can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

As if they have a clue what's going on. Hell, most involved in the current outrage culture who are full grown adults haven't a clue what's going on.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

My kid will get her ass kicked if I catch her disrespecting the flag.
things are going to get very out of control and very violent in the near future.
Look out for the coming storm folks.

yeah, beating the crap out of your kid, is a lot better than talking to her about it....so how many parent-of the-year awards have you received?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

And that is absolutely appropriate because the behavior is childish.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Seeing..."Bend the Knee" has been the main Topic of this seasons Game of Thrones episodes....you know where these people got the idea.

More Importantly......did these kids win their game?

Or is that too violent, superior and disrespectful to even contemplate talking about?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Grambler

Do you have any knowledge that the kids felt like it was a political stunt?

Anyone can complain anytime (obviously). I find it ironic that folks who were falling over themselves to justify and apologize Nazis marching down an American street with torches was "just a speech act" and this isn't.

Aren't you the one who regularly talks about not being emotional in difficult circumstances and depending on being rational?

Rationally, this is an act the kids chose. It's not illegal, and in the context of where and when it happened, there's no evidence that the folks there were offended ... so why should we be?

Again, let me maake it cclear, these kids and coach have every right to do this. Period.

There is a difference between this and adult moronic nazis using hate speech. One, just on face the nazis are way worse than kneeling for the anthem, thats not even close.

But secondly, we assume (perhaps erroneously) that adults are making up their own mind. 8 year olds on the other hand, it just seems like this is something being fed to them.

I am opposed to this in the same way I would be against 8 year olds drawing pictures of Mohammed because they are against Sharia law. Of course I would defend their right to do it, but I would also believe the idea was being put in their head by an adult with an agenda.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The ironic thing is those boys have about the same odds of going to college as they do getting locked up, but racism right?

- Number one killer of black males 15 to 34 is other black males. But the police are to blame of course.

edit on 19-9-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I can't even imagine that something would split Poles during national anthem.
We all do stand and sing side by side. We've lost our symbols few times. We do love them and would sacrifice myself.
edit on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:53:09 -0500America/Chicago095319America/Chicago9302017f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
The ironic thing is those boys have about the same odds of going to college as they do getting locked up, but racism right?

- Number one killer of black males 15 to 34 is other black males. But the police are to blame of course.

I gave you a star for having the balls to tell the truth.

The biggest threat to young black males is young black males.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"8-year-olds On Football Team kneels During National Anthem ahead of recent game"

Great for him, he will be in the NFL in no time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join