It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Congressmen claim Russian radio station created in June 2017 influenced election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
Lol the Dems are getting seriously deluded what next I wonder will they blame this on ...

What is more interesting is who are the Republicans going to blame when they control all three branches of government?

How can the Democrats in the minority be so powerful???? Either the Republicans are incompetent or complicit, choose.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Complictly incompetent is my vote.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, because I'm also not a moron... but the "whose fault is it we got caught" mentality is getting really annoying. I mean, Hillary was fed questions to the freakin' debate and her first Benghazi hearing... and she's upset someone might have interfered with something?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: robbeh
Lol the Dems are getting seriously deluded what next I wonder will they blame this on ...

What is more interesting is who are the Republicans going to blame when they control all three branches of government?

How can the Democrats in the minority be so powerful???? Either the Republicans are incompetent or complicit, choose.

Republicans in Congress take action when there's a Democrat President. They're great at saying "NO!". But so far this year, they're paralyzed with FEAR and SELFISHNESS, for the most part.

Democrat's inability to capitalize on the Republican inaction doesn't bode well for them. The minute Republicans pass Healthcare reform, and especially Tax Cuts, the window of opportunity for Democrats will slam shut.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Is that the station Lee Stranahan works for ? I have listened to the show a few times but aside from Lee being a Trump supporter the only other guy was a Bernie supporter . Forget his name but they debate partisan stuff or did the only 2 times I listened to them . Should be great for business next cycle , I can see the Dem's beating the door down to buy add space .

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Neither one is ...its the deep state and unless you go along you will see just how much power they can use ...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It it too late to ban monday ?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Is that the station Lee Stranahan works for ? I have listened to the show a few times but aside from Lee being a Trump supporter the only other guy was a Bernie supporter . Forget his name but they debate partisan stuff or did the only 2 times I listened to them . Should be great for business next cycle , I can see the Dem's beating the door down to buy add space .

yes I believe it is.

The joke portion of this thread is that the congressmen are blaming a station that didn't exist until after the election.

The serious portion would be that they are labeling other stations propganda and wanting it censored or regulated more, while at the same time Obama signed the NDAA that legalized US propaganda.

The newest version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) includes an amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on the American public, reports Michael Hastings of BuzzFeed.

The amendment — proposed by Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) and Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and passed in the House last Friday afternoon — would effectively nullify the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which explicitly forbids information and psychological operations aimed at influencing U.S. public opinion.

www.businessinsider.com...

It sounds to me that the establishment in DC doesn't want any competition to their MSM propaganda outlets, even if they are from Russian radio stations in the future.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i don't know why the OP is worried...you watch, it has reached the point that trump voters will not believe any evidence presented to them about trump, or his Russian connections, from Mueller or anyone else.....

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sputnik was launched on 10 November 2014 by Rossiya Segodnya, an agency wholly owned and operated by the Russian government, which was created by an Executive Order of the President of Russia on December 9, 2013.

Regarding future plans for the U.S. broadcast market, the editor-in-chief of Sputnik U.S. stated in a June 2017 interview that there are no near-term plans for expansion into new markets beyond Washington, DC.[23] This came on the heels of a late June 2017 announcement[24][23][25] that Radio Sputnik would sublease Reston, Virginia-licensed translator station W288BS (105.5 FM) from Reston Translator, LLC, which transmits from the WIAD tower in Bethesda, Maryland, and begin broadcasting Sputnik on that signal; the station's reach includes DC proper and the western suburbs in Northern Virginia.[26] Sputnik cannot own an American radio station outright due to Federal Communications Commission rules against foreign ownership of broadcast assets, as enacted in the Communications Act of 1934. Prior to July 1, 2017, Radio Sputnik - initially as its predecessor - had broadcast in the Washington DC area on WTOP-HD2 (103.5-HD2) since June 2013 (if not earlier).

Radio Sputnik

Maybe I am missing something?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm guessing they mean the Russian radio station was broadcasting mind control radio that made people vote Trump?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpeace
I'm guessing they mean the Russian radio station was broadcasting mind control radio that made people vote Trump?

I wouldn't put it past them to use subliminal messages. Even American media for that matter.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: warpeace

I wouldn't put it past them to use subliminal messages. Even American media for that matter.

CNN has subliminally convinced viewers that Obama wasn't responsible for the wiretapping/surveillance of Trump tower. It was simply "The U.S. Government" who was behind it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Yes I clicked on the references on the wikipedia article. It does not show that they had a radio broadcast in DC in 2016. In fact it claims their predecessor was voice of russia, and if you go to that page, it only says they broadcast in Jersey until 2014.

The letter the congressmen sent was based on a NYT article.

here is part of the letter.

We're writing in response to recent troubling press reports that a radio network funded by the Russian government may have used U.S. airwaves to influence the 2016 presidential election. We ask that you investigate these troubling reports and apply all applicable laws and regulations to enforce the public interest standard for licensed stations that broadcast this network.

An article published by the New York Times Magazine (9/13/17) titled "RT, Sputnik and Russia's New Theory of War" suggests that Sputnik, a radio network funded by the Russian government, was used as part of the Kremlin's effort to influence the 2016 presidential election

www.zerohedge.com...

If you look at the PDF of their letter there that I can't paste, it particularly mentions users tuning in to 105.5 to here this, which the station didn't even exist until June 2017.

Here is a quote from the NYT piece they are referencing.

It’s hard to imagine Russia’s state-backed media getting any traction in the United States if there wasn’t already an audience for it. For some subset of Americans, the intelligence report singling out RT and Sputnik was just another attack from the supposed “deep state” that Breitbart, for instance, had been fuming about for months — and it was less than surprising when, this spring, Sputnik hired a former Breitbart reporter, Lee Stranahan, to start a radio show in Washington. As Stranahan told The Atlantic, though his paycheck might now come from the Russians, “Nothing about it really affects my position on stuff that I’ve had for years now.”

www.nytimes.com...

Here is from Sputniks own website showing the radio station was new in 2017.

Radio Sputnik Starts Broadcasting in Washington DC on FM Station

01.07.2017(updated 07:22 01.07.2017)
Attention senators, representatives and any fun-loving radio listeners in Washington, DC: Radio Sputnik is now available at 105.5 FM 24/7 and you don’t want to miss a second of its broadcast.

Sputnik News spoke to several members of its radio team to get their perspectives on the new radio station and what it means for the political conversation in DC. Eugene Puryear, whose show By Any Means Necessary draws from a Malcolm X quote about how to achieve black liberation, said that his show is one "that I think really tries to capture a lot of the energy for the movement for black lives, or the climate justice movement, that are moving young progressive people but are also trying to tie that framework into how we look at current events."

sputniknews.com...

edit on 19-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's the Mandela Effect.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The Democrat blame game was preposterous, then funny.... now it is just sad.

Maybe a sane Democrat can hold an intervention.

Tulsi Gabbard? Your people are crying out for help.

She's hot and actually has pretty good views on quite a few subjects.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I thought they meant that other Russian radio station - that numbers radio station. They are actually coded messages telling voters who to elect.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

So a Russian radio station(That didn't exist at the time) broadcasting to DC and Northern Virginia swayed the election? Didn't realize that area was such a Republican stronghold.

Must have brought Hillary's numbers down from 98% to 91% there.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: butcherguy
The Democrat blame game was preposterous, then funny.... now it is just sad.

Maybe a sane Democrat can hold an intervention.

Tulsi Gabbard? Your people are crying out for help.

She's hot and actually has pretty good views on quite a few subjects.

AND..
She left the DNC when she saw that they were dirty.
She apparently has some scruples.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Lunacy in the exact definition

Lunacy

extreme folly or eccentricity.
synonyms: folly, foolishness, stupidity, silliness, idiocy, madness, recklessness, foolhardiness, imprudence, irresponsibility; informalcraziness

Def by Google Defs

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join