It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Schoolers Forced To Lay In Dark Room, Wrists Bound As 'Slavery Project'...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Aazadan

This has zero to do with common core.

This has to do with binding students hands, telling them to lay down on the floor in a dark room, turning on roots, and having the teachers act like slave ship captains.

I will side on the side of parents on this one. Oddly enough so did the school.

That's just the school not wanting a controversy. It doesn't mean the parents were right. Schools often defer to parents.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Why is it controversial?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Why is it controversial?

Because people disagree. Some think that it was a bad lesson.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

bingo

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

bingo

But what I'm getting at is why. No one has given an adequate answer on that front yet. Gut feelings may be enough to state an opinion, but it doesn't involve any reasoning as to why you hold that opinion. What's the basis for it? Is it an opinion that's logically consistent, and therefore worth considering?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Look if you want to freak the kids out put on the film Goodbye Uncle Tom.

But this learned slavery thing to me screams wicked social engineering run amok.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And then the staff involved.... paging Dr Phil we've got authoritarian zealots here subjucating entire classrooms of children.

Who here wants to bet their life that the teacher(s) aren't into sadomasicism?

edit on 21-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And then the staff involved.... paging Dr Phil we've got authoritarian zealots here subjucating entire classrooms of children.

Who here wants to bet their life that the teacher(s) aren't into sadomasicism?

The only authoritarians here are the small group of parents who demanded the school bow to their wishes.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Perhaps when they study slavery in ancient Rome they should have them wear gladiator helmets and fight to the death with swords.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Perhaps when they study slavery in ancient Rome they should have them wear gladiator helmets and fight to the death with swords.

When I studied the Roman Empire at school we did make swords and stuff. We didn't actually fight to the death but then these kids weren't actually sold into slavery.

Good lessons are interactive.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Did the teacher dress and act the part of slave master?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

IgnorantBliss said it best: "social engineering run amok".

I still want to know who choreographed the project at the curriculum design level and what their major course of study was. I would like to know what "groups" this individual is associated with, and what exactly their real agenda is.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Did the teacher dress and act the part of slave master?

Not that I recall (and I am pretty sure would remember that teacher wearing a toga and not for good reasons).

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is more proof that Progressives were never about helping children or being their advocate. It's nothing more than sheer hatred and Progressive agenda

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

IgnorantBliss said it best: "social engineering run amok".

I still want to know who choreographed the project at the curriculum design level and what their major course of study was. I would like to know what "groups" this individual is associated with, and what exactly their real agenda is.

Teaching about slavery is social engineering?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
This is more proof that Progressives were never about helping children or being their advocate. It's nothing more than sheer hatred and Progressive agenda

So how were any children harmed during this activity?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: curme

For 10 years this was fine.

Now, we live in such a PC culture the namby-pambys scream, "Won't someone think of the snowflake children!"

It's gets boring reading a book all the time, listensing to a teacher yammer on At least the teachers were trying to make learning more engaging.

Yep, put the books down, get your hand bound-lay on the floor in a dark room-watch something on tv you had nothing to do with-and have the teachers who are slave ship captains yell stuff at you.

Mission accomplished.
Heck they could even just show "Roots" and get the same point across. Or maybe the teachers can bind each other up if they want so deaierateky to price a point.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

So how were any children harmed during this activity?
Are we taking physical mental i.e. emotional Azazie? How would you even know for sure what effect this has? It is a purely inappropriate thing for any educational institution to do and I'm sick to death of Profressives trying to convince everyone that they care for the welfare of kids when obviously they are treating them as pawns in their game of indictrinstion. It is outrageous and only the current crop of teachers unions and indictrinaire Marxist professors would approve of such insanity. Why not just show Roots ? Not only is this one if the most disgusting things Ive heard in years, it's part of the ongoing values clarification designed to modify students behavior and mold them to whatever the State wants. It is social justice warrior activism gone completely nuts. Everyone involved in this should be held accountable. It is sheer hatred of the child. A question for you ... if this traumatized and humiliated slaves of old , why would it not traumatized and humiliate children or teens???????? Or is like a little bit of trauma acceptable to you as long as your social justice ends are satisfied? Sure looks like the usual Marxist ends justifying the means.
edit on 21-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's brazen with SJW Identity Politics, and the other angle another pointed this learned slavery it's like conditioning in tyranny.

Ever hear of psychological abuse? Psychological abuse is "harm", especially with developing brains.

Now you might prefer your kids to be indoctrinated with liberal identity politics echo chamber stuff, and not view it as harmful, but that doesn't mean it isn't while if others object to it that doesn't make them authoritarian.

The teachers acting out the role of slave master, subjugating the students, is an ethics of inappropriatedom disaster. And what for how many hours? Roots is long a damn miniseries. In grade school curriculum terms this is the equivalent "cruel and unusual punishment" (torture). And it surely being bent on indoctrinating then into Critical Race Theory, oh man.

Go watch "Jesus Camp" to have your mind blown. This is the same kind of bs right here. The difference though is it's not some special camp those religious wackos can go out of their way to send their kids there, this is freaking public school pushing ideological wackery.
edit on 21-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan I wonder if all the kids in classes are made to
Endure this exercise or if some are singled out for learning the lesson ?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join