It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Being A Racist Be Of God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I know most all the regular posters on this particular forum by reading their threads and posts so what I now need is your opinions on this very touchy subject of whether racism is all bad or whether it is profitable in some respects. I offer no arguments either in favor or disfavor but only that of what the scriptures of your faith tells you. Please, no anger is intended on my part but am doing a paper on this subject and need your thoughts. The main thought is of why does one think racism is bad or good.

Can being racist be of God's perfect will or His permissive will?

When you read histories of time long past have you noticed that being a racist was not regarded as an evil thing? One very good example was the biblical tower of babel. When God confounded the languages of people, were there races involved or did God create the races at this time? Was it wrong for God to create seventy nations of different tongues? If God had not created those seventy nations would we not have the race problems we have today?

Let’s take a look at one particular example of racism and how it helped a nation to be born. The young man named Joseph who was the favored and youngest of Jacob’s boys and as you probably have read many times, Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers. For about seventy years the Hebrew family of Israel enjoyed peace and prosperity under Egyptian rule because of a turn of events that favored this young Hebrew lad named Joseph.

But then the love affair came to an end after Joseph and the Pharaoh died. Sixty four years passed and during this sixty four years period we see the Hebrews enslaved and segregated from mainstream Egypt. Now something happened during that period when Joseph died and Moses was born. The entire attitude of the Egyptian nation changed from love to hate.

It has been suggested that as Moses came upon the scene, the Hebrews had been in Egypt for about one hundred and thirty years. Within that one hundred and thirty years period the Egyptians became more than racists to the Hebrews. By this time we can read that the Hebrews came from perhaps seventy who entered Egypt under Joseph to perhaps four million Hebrews when they left Egypt.

Now how could four million Hebrews retain their monotheistic belief in their God while living in Egypt with their polytheistic gods? Do you think that they were so righteous that they came out of Egypt as saints? Not in a million years should you believe that. The mount Sinai event and golden calf episode shows us that these Hebrews wanted to assimilate and accept the god "Sin" but were indeed restrained from doing so while in Egypt. The Hebrews were forced to stay with the God of Abram and here is how God used racism to build His nation and keep His people from becoming lost to the Egyptians philosophy.

Going back to Joseph -
Even though Joseph was honored by the Egyptians does not mean that Joseph was not discriminated by the Egyptians. There was always that hidden thing we call racism in the minds of the people. It was something like Washington and Jefferson both loved their slaves but were both still racist minds. The same as with the Pharaoh of Egypt was grateful and rewarded Joseph with honor to Joseph and his family but there was still that little matter of race. Would it have mattered if the Hebrews had embraced the god of the Pharaoh? No not really. This Pharaoh was somewhat different minded than those that came after him in that he allowed and gave Joseph a wife who was from the family of priests from the city of ON. The woman chosen by the Pharaoh was Asenath who was a aristocratic Egyptian woman and the daughter of Potiphera, a priest of On. ‘On’ was another name for Heliopolis, which was the religious center of Ra, the sun god. As you can see that this Pharaoh was both grateful but still a separatist in his religion.

Gen 43:32 They served him (Joseph) by himself, and them (Joseph’s brothers) by themselves, and the Egyptians who ate with him by themselves, because the Egyptians could not eat with the Hebrews, for that is an abomination to the Egyptians.

Isn't that strange indeed? Here we are told that Joseph was second in command of all Egypt and that all Egyptian knees would bow to this Hebrew but yet he could not break bread with them. That shows exactly how powerful religion can influence the mind. How this concept affected the marriage of Joseph and his wife is not told but I assume that the Egyptian wife could not even sit at the same table as Joseph and yet Joseph's two sons were children of the Hebrew God. Strange indeed.

You now see exactly how God built His little band of seventy into a great nation of four million? By being racist the Egyptians did not allow the Hebrews to assimilate into their culture and by forbidding assimilation it kept the Hebrews separated from the gods of Egypt. By this we can see how this small group of Hebrews became a mighty force in this very day. So in this lesson we can understand that God can use racism to become profitable. We can also understand more of why Moses was so angry and cast the tablets to the ground. All of the work building a Godly nation can be destroyed in an instant.

What say you? Is racism immoral and if it is immoral to one can it be fitting to God? What does Jesus teach us ? What say you?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I see some confusion of race and religion though.

We have the same problems in modern times when we talk about both the peoples who live in Israel and Muslims.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

God cares about people regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, and social status (Deuteronomy 10:17-19).

"God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right" (Acts 10:34-35).

"We were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink” (1 Corinthians 12:13).

I'd say no. Racism is a human construct.

God loves everyone equally.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't believe you can be Racist and of God...
I believe Racism to be immoral and shortsighted.

But I also believe that if people's good deeds outweigh their bad deeds they will be forgiven on Judgement Day.

We all have vices.
I mean, I'm a Muslim, but I do drink occasionally...

So I have to live life righteously and outweigh that bad deed come the Last Day...
& honestly I do try to do that.

It's up to God in the end. In my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I see racism as one of the Devil's techniques. He can't physically hurt us, but he can convince us to hurt ourselves and others. He whispers to people and plays on their fears of the unknown and fears of the "different", convincing people to hate & reject people that may have become friends if given the chance. His negative suggestions also can tear down a person's confidence & self image, until that person becomes bitter, resentful, & envious of others who don't have their shortcomings.

I see it like he's a negative entity watching our Universe from another dimension. He can't just jump in and destroy God's creations like people, animals, the environment, etc. But his whispers/signals can reach us & convince us that it's a good idea to kill off God's creatures, pollute God's air & waters, and oppress other humans. I place all forms of bigotry & oppression in this category, too.
edit on 19-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: "from" not "form"

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Im sure God laughs at such nonsense.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I see some confusion of race and religion though.

We have the same problems in modern times when we talk about both the peoples who live in Israel and Muslims.

Heck yeah, we do.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
originally posted by: ketsuko

I see some confusion of race and religion though. We have the same problems in modern times when we talk about both the peoples who live in Israel and Muslims.

Yes, you are correct in that I saw the same after I posted. Was it Joseph's religion that kept him from eating with the Egyptians or was it his race? But are not both so intertwined that they cannot be separated? An example of this is when a man would ask to be accepted into Judaism, and go through all the hoops of becoming a Jew, he would still be an outsider of the tabernacle because he still had no tribe of the twelve to claim. He had no standard to claim nor blood to present even though he was accepted as being a candidate for the bundle of life. By today's standards would that be racist?

edit on 19-9-2017 by Seede because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2017 by Seede because: malfunction in sending

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Many religions have a "chosen" people. Everyone else is damned.

I think the Bible is the word of man used as propaganda to manipulate the people in accepting war and killing the non-chosen people without any moral complaints. Just look at the way this Christian nation treats Muslims. The first step in all war propaganda is to demonize your so called "enemy". All wars are for profit and power.

edit on 19-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I see some confusion of race and religion though. We have the same problems in modern times when we talk about both the peoples who live in Israel and Muslims.

Sorry ketsuko. Tried to answer but program crashed.
I saw that confusion after I posted but believe you are dead right. One remark that I had tried to send you was that in the desert tabernacle era there were some people who were considered outsiders and quite frankly this was not to my liking. These outsiders were gentiles who became Jews by faith but had no tribal recognition at all. They had no standard or blood affiliation and were actually looked upon as second rate Jews. They actually camped outside the compound and even though they were considered Jews by faith they were not regarded as true blood. My question to you is that do you consider this practice as racism?

Do you remember Peter when he would sit with the gentiles and when his own people would see this he would then abandon those who were not of the elite. Peter was reprimanded by Paul for this very practice. Can racism embrace both blood, skin color and religion? How would you explain this?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

a reply to: Seede Many religions have a "chosen" people. Everyone else is damned. I think the Bible is the word of man used as propaganda to manipulate the people in accepting war and killing the non-chosen people without any moral complaints. Just look at the way this Christian nation treats Muslims. The first step in all war propaganda is to demonize your so called "enemy". All wars are for profit and power.

I do agree that some of what you have postulated is very true but have many reserves in defense of the U.S. policy of screening new people regardless of their faith. A good person is simply a good person and I believe that there are many Islamic nations that will not even help their own people of their own faith. Saudi Arabia has the wealth to feed almost all of the displaced people in their area but will not even make that offer.

I agree that most all Islamic people are good people just as most all Jewish people are good people and I agree that the cruel rulers of some nations care little or nothing for their own people but when you look at history, this has always been the case. The world could kill a million Hitlers and there would be a million more waiting to take their throne. But yes, I see your point.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Text I'd say no. Racism is a human construct. God loves everyone equally.

You bring up an interesting point. You really think God loves everyone equally? Why then do the scriptures say ----

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luke 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

What then is meant by "least in the kingdom of heaven"? - By this I understand that there are degrees of righteousness and perhaps rewards. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Oh a Pandora's Box that has been open.

Hi ya Seede, how are ya brother?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am not sure which Bible you are quoting, but boy oh boy, does it sure change the meaning of the true preserved word of God. I put them together for comparison.

God cares about people regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, and social status (Deuteronomy 10:17-19).
Deut 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
18 He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.
19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

"God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right" (Acts 10:34-35).
Acts 10:34 ¶ Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

"We were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink” (1 Corinthians 12:13).
1Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

edit on 19-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The first WAR was between Cain and Able because Cain was Jealous
edit on 19-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I think God knows the ways in which we humans will challenge one another and create our own problems for ourselves.

In the case of the Tower, humanity had not allied for the purpose of God's glory but instead to challenge Him and set themselves up as gods. Had they persisted in the face of the new challenge, they may have succeeded, but that part isn't to come until the time of the end with the reign of the Beast.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

My belief is that Racism is actually UN Godly, Now there is the whole argument about God having made people different from one another but there is the counter argument that we are actually the same and not different at all because children CAN be born.

edit on 19-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Oh a Pandora's Box that has been open. Hi ya Seede, how are ya brother?

Greetings my dear friend. I appreciate you input as you are a great warrior for Christ Jesus.

I realize that this thread is very sensitive and have yet to read it on ATS in a forum. It is a very serious question for all people to consider. Being a Nazarene by faith and not by blood, opened my eyes to this subject. First, read the following --
Immigration of Jews in Israel is governed by Israel's Law of Return 5710–1950, which provides: ‘Every Jew has the right to come to this country as an oleh [Jewish immigrant]’.23 ‘[I]n conjunction with the Citizenship Law, … it enables every Jew to become a citizen of the state, almost automatically’.24 For the first twenty years, the law did not define who was a Jew, and thus who had the right to immigrate.25 In 1970, the Law was amended to include a definition of Jew: ‘For the purposes of this Law, “Jew” means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion’.26 The 1970 amendment also expanded citizenship rights to family members of eligible Jews:
Unquote
Source www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

My question is --Is the above law racist or could it be racist ? Now if you note the 1970 amendment says " “Jew” means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion" You can see that there is a word "or" involved in this amendment which can be interpreted to mean there are two distinct avenues of gaining citizenship in Israel by this amendment. One is by religion and the other by blood. If racism was not an issue then why would an immigrant be allowed to use genetics as a means to gain citizenship?

Deuteronomy 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

If the interpretation "regardeth not persons" means that everyone is the same, then is Israel in violation of the will of God by inclusion of blood as to citizenship?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnthat would be considered first murder..wars are with groups or armies

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ronthealien

they were the only ones at that time except for some sisters. But a war none the less and wars are no always a group thing. One can war in his own mind, one can war against another individual. But if you noticed Abel's blood was said to cry out from the earth unto God and as a result Cain got the world, as a vagabond, He got protection from any other person (who would have been a family member if even extended), it got him expelled from the land of his parents.

Here is the the further rewards of his victory over Abel, he built the first city, his grandsons were the first metallurgist (which meant better instruments to till the earth, and to kill with), his grandsons were first to invent musical instruments and ergo entertainment.

So all Cain got was rewarding and protection but he never again spoke to God nor did God ever speak to him again. In the end he died in his sin and transgression.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join