It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant solution for N. Korea thanks to Navy Seal.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm kind of sad that only one other person has mentioned the fact that most of NK doesn't have *electricity* to recharge these theoretical devices- let alone any sort of wireless network for them to connect to.

If they had power in every home they might stand a chance dropping some sort of repeater devices to get to outside networks, but they don't.

If they did, we could also just drop something like the kindle with an offline copy of the korean wikipedia.... but they don't have electricity.

Just look at the satellite view at night. It just wouldn't work- unless we first dropped leaflets with instructions on building chargers from various means. Or a bunch of solar chargers.

At any rate, anyone caught using these devices would be put to death.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
ANYONE seen touching a phone would be shot on sight.
Commies don't like Yankee, running dog ,chatter.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
ANYONE seen touching a phone would be shot on sight.
Commies don't like Yankee, running dog ,chatter.

North Korea police and military would drive through the streets with cell phone signal sniffing devices in the vehicles. They pull up in front of a house go in and kill everyone.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

DEAR GOD why did we LET this go so long?
We were READY when I was there...86
WE thought they wanted to try THEN too,guess we SKEERED em.
I was deployed to my primary on a mountain ,just below the top, in front, after the usual false landings, with an MRE case and 2, 3 quart canteens and an aviation radio and a PRC77.
TRP #1 was a BIIIIIIIG valley for the bad guys to group in...UNLESS there's a parade of course...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Interesting. Do you happen to recall the name of the doc?

I serached for it, guess it was on german TV, but couldn´t find it at YT.
But i found another one, two years old, about smuggling in NK, and the millionairs.
Aaah, i am sorry, i said billionairs in the comment before, i meant millionairs.

Here is the other doc, but it is in german, i am sorry:

At 2.29 the lady shows the quarter of the richs in NK, where some of those millionairs live.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The US has had weak leadership up until now.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

or you could simply drop those portable solar chargers that have become affordable even to the homeless in my area along with the phones im something like a 10 - 1 ration, maybe each with multiple ports? Prices and capacities vary wildly though.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
jesus.... well for one thing, YOU NEED CELL TOWERS AND SERVERS TO CONNECT!!!....how stupid can you get

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I agree-this is brilliant.

Contrary to popular belief the North Koreans actually like western pop culture and it's people, it's just that Plump little prick Kim and his cronies that instill fear. It's a familial tyranny that has stopped the civvies from engaging with the rest of the world for at least two generations.

If there ever is a chance for a united Korea, this might be the way to go. It's a non violent approach to a potentially violent situation, however their over compensating leader might not like that. It reminds me of leaflets being dropped in WWII, However the one danger is civil war.

I say cut of the head of the snake and the body will die, if you catch my drift. But this idea is far less bloody.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
First of all NK have their own Ipod. And it is said to be much faster them the once we have.

A satelitt over head wont help with a ordinary IPod.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
First of all NK have their own Ipod. And it is said to be much faster them the once we have.

If only they could put a long wave radio receiver within those Ipods. I guess the NK's do their own electronics to make sure there's no secretware inside.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The problem this idea faces is it's too logical and simple, and would probably work. It would cause the internal rebellion they need. Successful diplomacy won't help the citizens of NK. The NK government couldn't stop everybody from getting access to the internet. 15-20 billion in smart phones would pay off 1000 fold.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Wow, when i posted this days ago i had my ass reemed out:

ATS

must be in the delivery.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If we dropped ipods,
NK would drop missiles on SK.

It would start hostilities.

Then again,
maybe it wouldn't,
but I wouldn't poke that bear without a plan to eliminate it and pay the consequences when 20 million people die in 10 minutes.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Literalness aside, I think that is the genuine answer to avoiding all out war: educating or illuminating the North Korean people to what the real outside world is like.

It isn't about the world against NK, or the US and its allies as being their enemy.

The navy seal has the right idea -- obviously dropping 25mill iphones is *a bit* over the top as the costs alone.. well, I assume Trump would rather spend his, I mean, the US peoples', hard earned cash on weapons, not iphones or phones.

But still. I like the idea. The real question is what is the most logistic way to approach it?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Assassination is th equickest and easiest way to eliminate Kim. stop being a wimp and bring back assasination squads.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Proof?

Not butting heads with you just wanting to be spoon fed your information.

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Yet - on the other hand? The US 'drops the bomb' on them and how many trillions will the collective 'we' be paying for reparations later?

I'm thinking inundate the country with millions of some type internet phones, that free wifi the 'Seal' spoke of and then let them sort it all out on their own.

Little Fat Boy can't shoot them all and you can't imagine some of those 'military' wouldn't have a phone or two themselves if they 'fell out of the sky'...(added for those who think the phone police would be out in force).

peace

edit on 4323Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

WOW...It took over three pages to point this out (I was reading just to see if someone would say this...finally)!

Even still, some don't seem to get it!

People:...Cellular phones DON'T work without a network of cellular towers relaying their signals!! Now, sat phones will work from satellites, BUT there have to be suitable satellites set up overhead to receive and rebroadcast the signals to an earth station. Plus, sat phones ain't cheap either!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, errr..bickering.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What is the big deal with being a "Navy Seal"propoganda to pump up the armed services,there are many different special forces,and I guess it's now proud to say your an assasin for the CIA,more war propoganda

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join