It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rocket Man" Called out at the UN. Classic Trump!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I remember when I thought I knew every damn thing. Glad I grew up.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I remember when I thought I knew every damn thing. Glad I grew up.

Doesn't sound like you have... grown up. fiverx313 didn't say anything to justify your juvenile response.

But juvenile behavior is the new norm in Trump's America... MAJA.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Stay Boggled. A bull# artist gets nothing done. Say what you want but the man has transformed the NYC skyline and has buildings, holdings and golf Courses all over the world. He gets things done. Period. Obama, now he was a bull# artist to the max. He had all the people follow him for change and we got more regulations, trillion dollar bailouts, higher healthcare,a transgender military and solidified the thinking of a generation of those who feel the system owes them something. I will hand it to Barack he was DAMN good at what he did. However, what else has he actually accomplished outside of the presidency? He is also no Nixon. Nixon was a lifer in politics. Lots of people forget he was Eisenhowers VP and lost to JFK in the 1960 election. All people know is the scandal. Hell, he was even re-elected before Watergate. He was a yes man. Look at the committees he was on and what he helped pass. He is not Trump.

Do I agree 100% with Trump. Nope. No one should completely agree with the person in charge. Does he say things rather blunty? Yes, but who cares. I want simple, honest and straight answers. That is not dumb. It is simply logical to have the right answer with the least amount of bs.
edit on Seppm30pmf0000002017-09-19T14:59:01-05:000201 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Seppm30pmf0000002017-09-19T15:23:59-05:000359 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: midicon

Writing assignment for everybody saying "Not my president,"

Tell me in 2-5 complete sentences what the world's most perfect leader would have said instead.

If you can't handle the assignment, you flunk this thread.

One that doesn't threaten nuclear apocalypse every time he opens his mouth on the topic of North Korea.

Perhaps something along the lines of:

'We recognise North Korea feels the presence of American military assets along their border is a clear and present danger to their continued existence. In order to de-escalate the situation we propose creating a demilitarized corridor, and both sides will pull back their forces.'

I don't mean to be too flip or come off as rude, seriously. but isn't that called the DMZ?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

You would be correct!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So Trump threatening genocide of milllions of innocent north koreans if kimmy crosses one of donalds many lines again. Yeah, way to go donald, you're a real hero, a real big man.

Name calling, isn't that what 8 year old kids do.?

We've all expected the world to end by nuclear armageddon, We got it wrong, It's gonna end in endless 'your mama's so fat' lines and pathetic name calling.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I liked the rocketman comment, would have been better if he said F*%#@kin little, first though

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
On topic: i found it amusing. But i was thinking more of the Shatner version of the song than the Elton John version. LOL

Little less on topic: if you are outraged about how Trump said what he said versus what he actually said, you are doing this whole thing wrong. There are no points for style, only for fact.

shatner for the win!!!

youtube video of shatner singing rocket man.
youtu.be...
edit on 19-9-2017 by subfab because: video didn't work

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Trump WINNING at the UN, awesome!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Nobody wants innocents to die. But, nobody wants a crazy little Rocket Man to build a nuclear arsenal either to be at his disposal and whim. This is one of those real conundrums. Do the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few? If the NK people were capable of overthrowing this p.o.s., would they? They have been so cowered, brainwashed, starved and tortured to the point they dare not even think of it.

edit on 19-9-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I do not remember him saying he wants to kill the citizens of the NK. In war there are casualties. He is putting his citizens in that position where our leader is protecting us. Kim is putting his people in harms way and Trump is protecting his and still it is not enough.

His speech today was spot on. He called everyone out. It is about time that this happened on the world stage again. He did not make threats. He gave guidelines and ground rules. He is against regime change and all about out country. How can people still not get behind that is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i'm taking an informal poll... my gut feeling is that if you think 'rocket man' is a funny nickname, especially doubly funny to use in a speech to the UN, you are over 55 years of age. y/n?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Nobody wants innocents to die. But, nobody wants a crazy little Rocket Man to build a nuclear arsenal either to be at his disposal and whim. This is one of those real conundrums. Do the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few? If the NK people were capable of overthrowing this p.o.s., would they? They have been so cowered, brainwashed, starved and tortured to the point they dare not even think of it.

Is there truly no way, in this day and age, to take out a single leader, or those few who are in control of a country (any country, for that matter), other than laying waste to the entire country and the innocent people therein?

Serious question (posed to everyone).

There has to be a way that is strategically probable, rather than a full-on war. But war is good for the state, seems to be the "easiest," and those against whom we war are not us, and therefore don't matter as much as our own, hence acceptable collateral damage for the "good of the many more."
edit on 19-9-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i'm taking an informal poll... my gut feeling is that if you think 'rocket man' is a funny nickname, especially doubly funny to use in a speech to the UN, you are over 55 years of age. y/n?

I think it's funny but I'm 55 on the nose.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

He didn't win #.

He made a fool of himself and the country, except to those still drunk off the smell of his BS.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I think it's funny but I'm 55 on the nose.

innnnnnteresting

/makes notes

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

hence acceptable collateral damage for the "good of the many more."

Is the collateral damage acceptable if it's your family ?
It's easy to talk about collateral damage being acceptable when you are safe from becoming it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Liquesence

hence acceptable collateral damage for the "good of the many more."

Is the collateral damage acceptable if it's your family ?
It's easy to talk about collateral damage being acceptable when you are safe from becoming it.

I never said it was.

I was making the point that some people believe it is for the reason you said, which was in response about that to whom I was replying.

ETA:

But no, collateral damage is very rarely acceptable.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Dad always said..."Say what you mean and mean what you say. Dont pull punches "

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

He didn't win #.

He made a fool of himself and the country, except to those still drunk off the smell of his BS.

And now I won too, this is double awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join