It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another rant: What part of LEAVE does the left not understand? Brexit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Leftists world wide hell bent on selling their home nations out to outside forces, so absolutely & overtly no less, is a truly disturbing trend. I did a little thread just last night appealing to the rationale of it. They didnt seem to much want to play. And i was even being nice.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Do you know 84% black British, 97% islamic British and 37% white British voted for leave?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

edit on 19-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well as others have said, this has nothing to do with the Left.

And secondly, given there is now substantial evidence that the Leave campaign cheated lied and embezzled their way to a tiny victory with the help of vast sums of money that came from dodgy sources, do you not think it's possible some of the people who voted Leave might be feeling lied to?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think we should have a vote in the final deal because right now we are blind we don't know what kind of brexit deal we are going to get. This goes both ways for the leave group it might be a "brexit light" for example.

People who voted for brexit had no idea what the were really voting for because we had no actual confirmation of what a post brexit uk would look like.

We should have another vote to finalise it, this is to big of a deal to leave to one vote and by such a small margin

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So a vote happens. The power body that stands to lose fear mongers what happen if you leave. And now everyone is finally ready to vote?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: fusiondoe

It's a worthy rant for what it's worth.

I did vote to remain, but after what I have witnessed since Brexit I am now not so sure.

I agree with you. It was a democratic decision to leave, fair and square. I believe in democracy a million times more than the EU. The Liberals are being the same with President Trump, too; they will not accept him and have tried to harm him at every turn.

There is something inherently fascist and undemocratic about this modern liberalism. I am glad the majority of people are not going along wit it. The media, politicians like Blair and Cable, Ms. Clinton are all being shown as something unwanted and extreme. Their vanity is astounding. It is like they can't accept they are wrong. Even if the whole electorate go against them it is the electorate who are at fault for being racist, uneducated and ignorant, homophobic, misogynistic, trolls, all these buzz words of projection when it is really their own FAILINGS and WEAKNESSES of their ideology to blame. Their politics and social engineering have proven unworkable and have not answered the needs of the West.

We will have to keep drumming it into their heads day after day until finally they accept what they are offering the majority do not want.

The EU is very persuasive with the offer of pensions, EUP salaries, homes in Brussels, commuting through Stansted and Schipol airports with all those duty free shops. Nor forgetting all those cafes and eateries in Brussels that are always advertised in the Guardian job adverts. Then you are on the world stage, going beyond the partisan battles of national politics and actually working with everyone towards a common goal, helping to decide whether millions and billions of money is spent, with lobbyists of multinational companies always wanting to talk to you. Plus with all the rulings that comes from the EU, you can run a consultancy helping to guide other companies through the labyrinth of legislation. It's a win-win-win situation for everyone involved.

Then all of that has to come to an end become those xenophobic europhobic inbred bigoted plebs and grockles in the UK dared vote for Brexit due to some village idiot giving them the chance to vote on issues way beyond their level of comprehension of their miniscule brains.

Of course, they're not going to give up all those perks and freebies. They're going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming by those orderlies in clean white uniforms to their padded room.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The EU is that annoying girlfriend who you broke up with but she keeps calling and wants to get back together.

"Look EU, it's over between us!"

"But I love you!"

"Sorry babe we're done!"

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So a vote happens. The power body that stands to lose fear mongers what happen if you leave. And now everyone is finally ready to vote?

There was loads fear-mongering before the vote from the remain side and the vote still passed.

I do think though that there is a lot of regret over the brexit vote just now and I am confident that if there was a second vote we would see remain win by a much more comfortable margin.

Seems totally wrong to me this entire brexit thing

But it's all politics really and that gets a little tedious on ATS. I have my reasons for wanting a second vote just as those on the leave side have theirs for not wanting a second vote. I understand why some think that one vote should be enough but I happenen to disagree

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The EU is that annoying girlfriend who you broke up with but she keeps calling and wants to get back together.

"But I love you!"

"Sorry babe we're done!"

No it's more like the EU is the girlfriend that you broke up with then tells you where to go when you tell her you still want to be friends with benefits.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Im sure there was plenty of fear, etc etc from BOTH sides.... As long as it was internal forces then fair game. How much external influence went into the leave side? Thats we wed call espionage!

All the while the globalists probaby didnt think itd even happen.

And then it did, so now They the External Force has been in overdrive with such games and now people ready to vote you say.

I say we here in US should get to revote every POTUS election since ive been alive. Everyone was suckered all along that they NEED the Two Party System and their top down selected crony henchmen candiates, and in hindsight thats the opposite of true, wheres my POTUS re election? Ill settle for just 2008 so we can get Ron Paul & Dennis Kucinich.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I never got any freebies. Even France sent me a hospital bill when they made me stay incarcerated for a month, lol. The buggers tried to charge me for it. They still keep sending me the bill. You can't go asking someone to pay for their imprisonment??? Whatttt?

I still love you though, France. Je temps!

All the EU brought me was a few cheaper music bits and pieces. Now it is cheaper to buy in the UK. I do get the feeling the EU took more from us than they gave and that we, with the Common Wealth, shall actually be better off without them.

Now it's all over any how. If they tried to go back round the U bend of this decision there would be serious consequences. Now we have a new thing to look forward to with America.

If they will bring down the customs tax and postage costs I would love to trade with America. In the past two months I have purchased $2.500 in software and hardware from America. I am glad to trade. Software is not affected by the customs tax and postage of course. With those duties it is currently not viable to trade.

America needs to trade with its ally. Britain comes complete with its own huge Common Wealth and America could have greater access. There are great times to be had if they will get on with the new instead of scratching old scabs like an infant and making them bleed.

Especially as America took a lot of damage in certain states I am honored to trade and spend my money there. I believe America has protected my freedom a great deal more than the EU.

I have actually moved further away from my initial stance of remain (which I voted for). I got nothing from the EU personally. I have gotten a lot more from the U.S.

Indeed, all the EU had brought somebody like me is a complete trashing and rationing of my opportunities for access to work, health care, housing and many other opportunities...because too many people have crowded us out. A little British guy like me stands no chance with all those aggressive survival of the fittest desperate people. I'll be kicked to the bottom, even under them. Indeed, in many ways I have been.

Bring on the new. I'm ready, willing and able. LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY. Ain't that right, Winston!

edit on 19-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
So if we vote leave we must leave...

But if we vote to have another vote then that shouldn't happen?

Why would we need another vote. We already did it. It's been decided, deal with it...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Some of you folks just don't get it. We are all supposed to agree to dissolve all of our differences, form a circle around the globe and sing Kumbaya.

Trump in the US was another clinker to thwart that program. Nonetheless, that whole business is in the maw of the secret policy makers and will come even if they have to force the issue and they have many ways of doing that besides trying to scare us with "climate change" Next, I suspect, it will be gigantic push for humanitarian relief such that we, the wealthy, should give, volunteer and sacrifice until it hurts.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Within days after the vote, it became kind of obvious that the globalists werent going to allow it...

Media in full spin mode: "British regret voting BREXIT".

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I never got any freebies. Even France sent me a hospital bill when they made me stay incarcerated for a month, lol. The buggers tried to charge me for it. They still keep sending me the bill. You can't go asking someone to pay for their imprisonment??? Whatttt?

I still love you though, France. Je temps!

Indeed, all the EU had brought somebody like me is a complete trashing and rationing of my opportunities for access to work, health care, housing and many other opportunities...because too many people have crowded us out. A little British guy like me stands no chance with all those aggressive survival of the fittest desperate people. I'll be kicked to the bottom, even under them. Indeed, in many ways I have been.

Bring on the new. I'm ready, willing and able. LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY. Ain't that right, Winston!

Same here. I've been battling this policy for 16+ years. Nothing to do with size or being little. When people are desperate to stay in their field of work and countries like Spain and Italy are in recession, the UK is like the last lifeboat and whoever is the most ruthless is the one sitting in it.

Got elbowed out of one job because head office in London "wanted the most qualified person to work on XXX, only to see an EU person take the job I had accepted. Next time, I did a PhD, and yet again, I'm told to hand my work over to another EU person.

Others have suffered too; fishermen had their quotas reduced to the point that boats had to be decommissioned. Farmers who had quotas introduced. Manufacturing companies that relocated to Eastern Europe. Housing converted into HMO's to house the transient unskilled labour that comes and goes.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Oh no, do NOT start lamenting over the "poor" fishermen!
Those are digging their own graves and I have no remorse! Here around they are trying to blame the komoran for their decreasing catch yields.

Without quotas, there will be NO FISH left in super short time!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It's driving me crazy keep seeing this everywhere. The public voted to LEAVE by a majority. Whether it was a majority of 1 person or a million people. It was a democratic vote and 'Leave' won.

It was a "referendum" , not legally binding. More like an opinion poll, to make people feel better.

Do you feel better that its only for show and not actually leaving? The UK never joined anyway, they are the only nation that didn't adopt the Euro.

One big happy EU, when it comes to profit. Not so happy, when it comes to cost.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"But I love you!"

"Sorry babe we're done!"

No it's more like the EU is the girlfriend that you broke up with then tells you where to go when you tell her you still want to be friends with benefits.

Yep, the EU are very much over us at this point. Brexit gets very little coverage in EU countries other than an occasional story about how crazy and badly prepared and lazy our negotiators are, and how ill-thought out our positions are.

It's only in the UK where it's still a regular talking point.

We very much are the abusive stalker boyfriend who broke up with someone but keeps chasing and demanding all the sex with none of the commitment.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The EU didn't trash your access to work, healthcare, and housing. Those all got trashed by 8+ years of conservative austerity economics which saw spending on work investment, healthcare and housing slashed to the bone for ideological reasons. Trashed by the 2008 financial collapse were greedy elite bankers destroyed the global economy.

And then they rather cleverly blamed it all on immigrants instead.

And if you love democracy, how do you feel about these dictatorial Henry VIII powers that the Conservatives have just brought in, which suspend the power of our parliamentary democracy in the name of Brexit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join