It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another rant: What part of LEAVE does the left not understand? Brexit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Leave means LEAVE.

No Vince Cable there shouldn't be a second referendum.
No Tony Blair you can't lobby together with other politicians to 'stop' Brexit.
Etc
Etc
Etc

It's driving me crazy keep seeing this everywhere. The public voted to LEAVE by a majority. Whether it was a majority of 1 person or a million people. It was a democratic vote and 'Leave' won.

This is just proving that TPTB do not care for democracy and intend to make us vote again and again until we vote the 'right way' this time. Much like it was done with Ireland and others.

Leave means LEAVE whether you are a remainer or leaver, the vote has been cast, deal with it

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

My body, My choice. I guess that only works for people pushing their masters agendas.

I can see the English revolting against the French if # hits the fan. It's in their dna. And karma is in league with Oroboros.
edit on 19-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What was that UK? You wish to leave?

Sure I can't twist your arm for another vote, or change your mind?

C'mon, let's have another vote, you really didn't mean it did you.......I mean, look at all the bad things that will happen because you voted to leave? Surely you don't want all this made up stuff to happen do you?

C'mon, let's have a hug

I'll give you a nice new watch? Set of steak knives? A foot massage.

C'mon, you really didn't mean it did you.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Don't forget the plastic engagement ring.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Leave means LEAVE.
No Vince Cable there shouldn't be a second referendum.
No Tony Blair you can't lobby together with other politicians to 'stop' Brexit.
Etc
Etc
Etc

Some people.... the likes of Vince Cable, Tony Blair etc. Have caught the contagion

known as the EU. It is in all probability terminal, they for their own benefit now

need to be retired to a nursing home.

It's driving me crazy keep seeing this everywhere. The public voted to LEAVE by a majority. Whether it was a majority of 1 person or a million people. It was a democratic vote and 'Leave' won.
This is just proving that TPTB do not care for democracy and intend to make us vote again and again until we vote the 'right way' this time. Much like it was done with Ireland and others.

And would have been applied to the UK too.

By the result of the referendum it seems it happened in the nick of time,

any longer and the results may have been forcibly different.

Leave means LEAVE whether you are a remainer or leaver, the vote has been cast, deal with it

edit on 19-9-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Just that UK remembers it will enter a similar trade relationship with EU as ... Argentine or Brazil has with EU... I.e. without any specific trade agreement and playing under WTO rules only. Canada and USA have bilateral agreements on for example cars, medtech, telecoms/IT, etc ... whereas UK has nilch.

And that may explain the worry by those who know how things can pan out within the international trade - which still is controlled by law and customs regulations and not by opinion polls and referendums.

I think it was a fair and solid decision by UK to open up for other opportunities out of EU - but then, now, it needs to work twice the harder and actually get those blasted agreements in place! So far nothing happened, apart from internal pickering. A bunch of unserious jokers, who openly disregard the very NEAR FUTURE foreign trade situation for that nation. Do they want to sink that ship or what?

Bold but clueless? That is the question...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
So if we vote leave we must leave...

But if we vote to have another vote then that shouldn't happen?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

First off it is not the LEFT it is members of all party's, only the LIB DEM's are actually fully Eurocentric, most Labour voters voted out and Corbyn is himself Euro Skeptic.

Actually Cameron only offered the referendum because he thought we would vote to stay in.

At least half the Tory's wanted to stay IN.

Those whom wanted out in the political arena were actually the minority AND consisted of members of both main party's.

So NOT the LEFT then.

BUT members of all party's right and left whom are still divided over the issue.

I am LEFT (Traditional left not what you are calling LEFT but FOR the BRITISH PEOPLE FIRST), I Voted OUT.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I wonder what the UK will achieve by getting out of the EU.

You see, there is of course a biased (in my opinion) commentary about this from INSIDE the future EU ("UK will go bankrupt, a lot of banks are leaving London, etc. etc.". Of course, I do not believe everything.

So.

Some issues I see with the UK:
- Immigration: Won't stop. UK was an immigration country since whenever. That won't stop miraculously.

- EU-Laws: Your parliament just ruled that all 13,000 EU-laws will be copied into UK-law, to be reviewed later for "keep" or "drop".

- Domestic trade with the UK: nope, I really don't think that will happen. Too many hurt fee-fees with our politcians.

- And finally, a thought I saw on one longer comment about this: The UK is (by being an island) in their trade relations like a ship, sailing from one prosperous harbor to the next over the centuries. What new connections are available or interesting? China? USA? South America? What do you think?

Your opinions, please?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Actually MAY went to india and agreed to let more QUALIFIED (what ever the hell that mean's) Indian's come into the UK in order to get there help in establishing new trade agreement's post brexit.

EU Court's are at least less controlled by parliament and moving that power to our own court's leaves us at the mercy of whom ever is in charge, we already have a corrupt judiciary so?.

Yes we won't get a new tariff free trade deal with Europe, no matter what, there is too much opportunity for those country's inside the block to turn that to there own economy's advantage to let us continue with business as usual on that front.

Actually the bulk of our trade is and always has been with Europe, even during the height of the British Empire.

So yes it shall trash our economy despite the most optimistic view's.

BUT how stable is Europe when the Troika can control government's, remove elected state leaders, destroy country's economy's and are the one's whom really caused all of this, don't you think that it will collapse at some point because I actually do, this is not going to be a new Reich of a thousand years believe me.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Is that really so difficult to understand?

Indecission

Indecision is a virus that can run through an army and destroy its will to win or even to survive.
Wendell Mayes

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

It must be hard living in London with all the Remoaners.

You have my sympathy.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

- Immigration: Won't stop. UK was an immigration country since whenever. That won't stop miraculously.

But we will have the choice of

Who

where from

and why....

Our choice NOT ONE THRUST UPON US by another

country's whim.

- EU-Laws: Your parliament just ruled that all 13,000 EU-laws will be copied into UK-law, to be reviewed later for "keep" or "drop".

And AGAIN choice .... our choice not one thrust on us!!!

- Domestic trade with the UK: nope, I really don't think that will happen. Too many hurt fee-fees with our politcians.

Who cares .... the EU is not the whole world.

- And finally, a thought I saw on one longer comment about this: The UK is (by being an island) in their trade relations like a ship, sailing from one prosperous harbor to the next over the centuries. What new connections are available or interesting? China? USA? South America? What do you think?]

Well the UK has done alright .... more than alright over the past 2,000 years

and for such a small island too

China? USA? South America? Africa? India? Canada? and there's more

the world is a BIG place?....

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I agree...leave means leave.
I'm not anti EU, but we did vote leave.
If the EU want to charge us tarrifs for exporting...why then can't we charge the likes of VW, BMW, Audi, Citroen, Peugeot and all the spanish and italian food companies for exporting to us.

Think the MP's are making this harder work than it should be.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

It's a worthy rant for what it's worth.

I did vote to remain, but after what I have witnessed since Brexit I am now not so sure.

I agree with you. It was a democratic decision to leave, fair and square. I believe in democracy a million times more than the EU. The Liberals are being the same with President Trump, too; they will not accept him and have tried to harm him at every turn.

There is something inherently fascist and undemocratic about this modern liberalism. I am glad the majority of people are not going along wit it. The media, politicians like Blair and Cable, Ms. Clinton are all being shown as something unwanted and extreme. Their vanity is astounding. It is like they can't accept they are wrong. Even if the whole electorate go against them it is the electorate who are at fault for being racist, uneducated and ignorant, homophobic, misogynistic, trolls, all these buzz words of projection when it is really their own FAILINGS and WEAKNESSES of their ideology to blame. Their politics and social engineering have proven unworkable and have not answered the needs of the West.

We will have to keep drumming it into their heads day after day until finally they accept what they are offering the majority do not want.

edit on 19-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Politics becomes very frustrating when you finally realise the population is being played for the benefit of a select few.

The names are just puppets, the votes are just an illusion of choice.

Retract from the charade and focus on something less frustrating - Fishing is the sport of Kings, why not give it a go?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Is that really so difficult to understand?

Indecission

Indecision is a virus that can run through an army and destroy its will to win or even to survive.
Wendell Mayes

Thanks for taking my first part out of context. I'm also not sure what "indecission" is or why you refer to the UK as an army.

Is asking for a vote on something always labelled "indecission" or just when its asking for a vote on something YOU don't want to change?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

By this logic a vote could be had whether to uphold the vote to have another vote. Then you can have another vote to supercede the previous vote and so on and so forth ad infinitum, so if we vote to leave then yes, we should leave. It really is that simple.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

So if we previously voted on whether or not to leave the EU then we shouldn't have voted again?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

But we will have the choice of

Who

where from

and why....

Our choice NOT ONE THRUST UPON US by another

country's whim.

And AGAIN choice .... our choice not one thrust on us!!!

Who cares .... the EU is not the whole world.

- And finally, a thought I saw on one longer comment about this: The UK is (by being an island) in their trade relations like a ship, sailing from one prosperous harbor to the next over the centuries. What new connections are available or interesting? China? USA? South America? What do you think?]

Well the UK has done alright .... more than alright over the past 2,000 years

and for such a small island too

China? USA? South America? Africa? India? Canada? and there's more

the world is a BIG place?....

Whales or Scotland or how about Northern Ireland? the UK has not been the UK for 2000 years... Hell England hasnt been England for 2000 years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join