It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frankie Boyle explains how most of UK feel about Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9that hasbeen not funny not comedian

well, he's still here, and i laughed. i think a comedian like Frankie (for yes, he is one despite not tickling your
funnybone) has an innate understanding of clowns (like trump), and is qualified to offer his informed opinions as he pleases. it was a good piece in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Frankie certainly does highlight the darkest within us !

he basically says the # that you shouldnt say aloud

like this

My friend just had a baby , brings baby to your house , hey man do you like my wee baby boy
your brain out of nowhere goes " naw he's a droolin faced wee # and I hope he chokes on a lego brick , left on the floor by your other wee # of a child"
Frankie is those dark invasive thoughts , and also the satirical commentary on our country and the world

His jokes on Madeleine Mcann are outright mad , but they are still really funny

Mel brooks man , what a guy , they dont make comedy films like that anymore

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I would love for you to indulge me on what you think he's up to?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Until American nukes start flying, the whole article is a load of a bollocks.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: Power_Semi

Frankie Boyle is left wing?

Maybe you should listen to him instead of blanket disliking him.

I have listened to him, that's why I dislike him - I don't know how you "blanket" dislike someone, is it like making unfounded blanket statements like yours.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That is what makes him so funny in my eyes he pushes the boundaries like they did in the 70s , He is old school like Bernard Manning , Dave Allen ,Roy chubby Brown , too over the top for television and our snowflake generation but he earns millions per year so somebody likes him .

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: BlackSkinhead

Brexit proves you wrong. The majority of the UK spoke in the last election and they voted for alternative answers to the traditional corrupt government, just like the Americans did by voting Trump in. Remember, Trump is neither our savior or satan. He's a man working in a corrupt system trying to make changes that will try to be thwarted at all levels, even within his own systematic party.[/quote

Do you think if it was to be voted for again do you think it would have the same outcome? I very much doubt it would because (a) so many young people didn't vote because they wrongly assumed brexit wouldn't happen and (b) a lot of people realise that there are real complications and costs to leaving the EU. So saying the majority of the U.K. voted to leave probably doesn't tell the whole story in reality.
edit on 21-9-2017 by bluesilver because: No reason given

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm from the UK , Scotland to be precise and though I don't agree with some of frankie boyles politics I do think he's hilarious. I also think Trump is a breath of fresh air in a corrupt world of politics even if I don't agree with all his policies.
I find it very amusing reading all the posters in this thread who think they know the mind of a nation and all the people in it . Another thing i find amusing is all the polls which were wrong that predicted, amongst other things scottish devolution, Brexit , general elections and American presidential elections .

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

TWAT doesn't MEAN a dirty name for a woman's anatomy in the UK.
We say "BLOODY" without any gravitas as they know of it.
Don't forget "FAG"(Cigarette) either ...NOT these days...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And what would you have been doing right now if Hillary had won? I'll tell you one thing, it isn't sitting around annoyed at some rhetoric said, but rather protesting another flat out war. Everyone talks like Trump is the worst thing ever, yet the alternatives to him are a hundred times, if not more, worse.

The sheer stupidity amongst some is astounding.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

TWAT doesn't MEAN a dirty name for a woman's anatomy in the UK.
We say "BLOODY" without any gravitas as they know of it.
Don't forget "FAG"(Cigarette) either ...NOT these days...

It does sometimes actualy but it is more often used as a harsher version of idiot or can also mean to his something or somebody.

You can also say you "twatted" something or someone.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Brexit proves you wrong. The majority of the UK spoke in the last election and they voted for alternative answers to the traditional corrupt government.

No they didn't. They voted for the same old parties but not enough to give Theresa May a secure majority.

UKIP has zero MPs.

Of course, you could be referring to the EU referendum - but, still, no they didn't.

17,410, 742 people voted to leave. Out of an electorate of 46. 501,241. Out of a population of, what, 60 million.

Yes, that was 52% of votes cast. But its 37 % of the electorate. 29 % of the population.

Check my figures - you're on the internet, look it up - and check my maths.

You know I'm right.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: sapien82

That is what makes him so funny in my eyes he pushes the boundaries like they did in the 70s , He is old school like Bernard Manning , Dave Allen ,Roy chubby Brown , too over the top for television and our snowflake generation but he earns millions per year so somebody likes him .

www.mirror.co.uk...

The best thing of all is that so much of his stuff was on mainstream TV.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

If I might make one suggestion to the North Koreans, please don’t drop bombs indiscriminately upon the USA.

]

Oh thank God for someone to to finally berate our president, he just doesn't get enough of that....

There was one good line though...

edit on 21-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: Power_Semi

Frankie Boyle is left wing?

Maybe you should listen to him instead of blanket disliking him.

I have listened to him, that's why I dislike him - I don't know how you "blanket" dislike someone, is it like making unfounded blanket statements like yours.

No more unfounded than saying Frankie Boyle is left wing.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Revolution9

the title says 'most'... brits. don't dare use fallacies to diminish the OP...

you're not one of those 'most'...
Then perhaps you or the OP can cite some sources to prove your claim, otherwise this is just an opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Us IMPATIENT Americans default to that "F" word, so well known,usually with the BEST diction of the sentence.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hillary would have been contained into the system that is in place and would be corralled the same as her husband was in the past. I have no illusions that Trump can break the hold of the largely corrupt system. Just being realistic. Trump is neither our savior nor our satan.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I found out yesterday some people in our country wrongly believe it is a word for a pregnant goldfish!

Goldfish however cannot get pregnant. They are not even oviviparious (sp?).

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: fossildog

Yeh he did

, he also said he'd close guantanamo but never did

So I have a hard time believing Obama would destroy NK

for some reason I believe Trump would

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join