It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Volume of CIA Files On Lee Harvey Oswald, to be Released in October, Has ‘Gone Missing’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: audubon

Strange though that may look, there are any number of mundane explanations for it. If that's all you've got, you got nothing.

As for Hunt's background, it does little more than make him one of thousands of people with the type of background that could make such a claim sound juicy.

Take US President Richard M Nixon's word for it. Here he is, talking to White House chief of staff Harry Haldeman on 23 June 1972.

very bad, to have this fellow Hunt, ah, you know, ah, it's, he, he knows too damn much and he was involved, we happen to know that. And that it gets out that the whole, this is all involved in the Cuban thing, that it's a fiasco, and it's going to make the FB, ah CIA look bad, it's going to make Hunt look bad, and it's likely to blow the whole, uh, Bay of Pigs thing which we think would be very unfortunate for CIA and for the country at this time, and for American foreign policy, and he just better tough it and lay it on them.

So Haldeman trots along to see CIA DIrector Richard Helms, and tells him what Nixon has directed him to say.

This is what happened next, according to Haldeman:

So we had failed in our one previous attempt to obtain CIA co-operation, and now in Ehrlichman's office on June 23, 1972, the C.I.A. was stonewalling me again: 'Not connected.' 'No way.' Then I played Nixon's trump card. 'The President asked me to tell you this entire affair may be connected to the Bay of Pigs, and if it opens up, the Bay of Pigs may be blown....'

Turmoil in the room. Helms gripping the arms of his chair leaning forward and shouting, 'The Bay of Pigs had nothing to do with this. I have no concern about the Bay of Pigs.'

Silence. I just sat there. I was absolutely shocked by Helms' violent reaction. Again I wondered, what was such dynamite in the Bay of Pigs story? Finally, I said, 'I'm just following my instructions, Dick. This is what the President told me to relay to you.'

Helms was settling back. 'All right,' he said.

The Bay of Pigs wasn't a secret at the time of Watergate. Nor was E Howard Hunt's involvement in the Bay of Pigs. The phrase "Bay of Pigs thing" indicates it's a related subject, not necessarily the Bay of Pigs incident itself.

So Nixon was saying to Helms that Hunt's role in Watergate had to be covered up because Hunt "knows too damn much" and whatever it is that Hunt knows too much about is something connected with the Bay of Pigs, a 1961 debacle blamed on President Kennedy.

Writing in 1978, Haldeman said that he thought at the time that by saying "Bay of PIgs thing" Nixon was referring to the JFK assassination due to Kennedy's supposed betrayal of the CIA in 1961.

There's a lot more but it all takes a while to piece together, and it's a journey best made for oneself.

And no, of course I don't regard the Dealey "spy" photo as conclusive proof that Hunt was there. But it does look very like him indeed. And the only alibi he ever produced turned out to be a lie during cross-examination.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A lot of information now available that was not previously. Such as: get a copy of the dead Oswald (the narrow chinned Oswald, I'll call him Harvey) autopsy photo of his teeth. Full set. Lee Oswald (the wide chinned Marine) had a tooth knocked out in his teens.
And then compare the rifle in the 'back yard' photos to the one found in the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD). The backyard photo shows a long narrow sling with a slim swivel on the bottom of the barrel band. The rifle found in the TSBD had a homemade sling with a wide 'pad' on it and sling swivel on the left side.
There are a number of other small things. For instance...the back yard photo has a person wearing a large ring on his right hand, Oswald did not like jewelry and only wore his wedding bad.
Then there are early photo's of the Carcano bullet with six grooves. The Italian Carcano were only made with four groove barrels with a gain twist that made a unusual groove mark (like a smear).
Check it out for yourself...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The atrocities committed by Sadams' soldiers are very true. I was in charge of the 'atrocity files'. When the war ended I was to go to Kuwait with my files for the atrocity trials. Weeks passed. Every day I was being told to be ready to move north to Kuwait. One day I got fed up with the run around. I called Riyadh and spoke to a Warrant Officer I knew. He said, "don't count on going. We just received a female 1LT and they want to take her to Kuwait instead of you". So, I packed all of my gear and information and returned to Fort Bragg.
The PLO played a large part in the atrocities. When the invasion began, the PLO had representatives at every street corner, telling the invaders where soldiers, government officials and school teachers lived. They were rounded up and put in mass graves.
The stories go on and on. And to the anti-Americans who say there were no WMD's in Iraq. I saw pictures of the Russian convoys leaving Iraq and taking the chemicals and biological to the Russian enclaves in Syria. There are things much worse and lingering than dying in a nuclear explosion!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
There are a number of other small things. For instance...the back yard photo has a person wearing a large ring on his right hand, Oswald did not like jewelry and only wore his wedding bad.

I can answer that one. Lee was wearing his brother's marines ring, which he seemed to covet because he never had one of his own despite having been in the marines. He can be seen wearing it on the third finger of his left hand in this picture, although not very clearly due to the over-exposure. (We know it's not his wedding band because he left that at home with Marina on the day of the assassination).
edit on 25-9-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

originally posted by: kloejen
a reply to: nOraKat

Was that deathbed confession ever verified in any way?

Think i found a clip from the docu?

Nice find !

Well its apparently him from the pictures. I'm pretty sure the makers of the documentary did their homework. This is the man but I'm not sure its the same documentary.

It seems he (the CIA man) was also in the dark as to the true motivations. I personally think one of his last speeches - the "secret society" speech may have had something to do with it. Not the speech itself but his motivations. Also JFK possibly mentioned something about destroying the CIA and scattering it to pieces ("splinter the C.I.A. in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds.") in a NY times article. He basically may have opposed a secret Deep State.

The CIA man seems to think LBJ had the most part to do with it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Everette Howard Hunt was a genuine CIA officer of long standing, and was up to his neck in covert # for decades. He was most famously involved in Watergate. This video is not some unknown eccentric nutcase, it's one of the USA's most infamous spooks.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If its true, then it will get out...

They just needed abit more time to edit

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
CIA Urges Trump To Delay Release Of 3,000 Never-Before-Seen Documents On JFK Assassination

More than 3,000 never-before-seen documents from the FBI, CIA, and Justice Department on the assassination of John F. Kennedy are scheduled be released, with many experts fearing that such a large release of secret JFK assassination documents will spur “a new generation of conspiracy theories.”

According to Roger Stone, the CIA is urging President Donald Trump to delay disclosing some of the files for another 25 years.

Roger Stone said in a post on his website…

“They must reflect badly on the CIA even though virtually everyone involved is long dead.”

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
CIA Urges Trump To Delay Release Of 3,000 Never-Before-Seen Documents On JFK Assassination

More than 3,000 never-before-seen documents from the FBI, CIA, and Justice Department on the assassination of John F. Kennedy are scheduled be released, with many experts fearing that such a large release of secret JFK assassination documents will spur “a new generation of conspiracy theories.”

According to Roger Stone, the CIA is urging President Donald Trump to delay disclosing some of the files for another 25 years.

Roger Stone said in a post on his website…

“They must reflect badly on the CIA even though virtually everyone involved is long dead.”

And the funny thing is... he didn't have to say anymore than that. If that is his view on what the files containt, then the files surely contain irrefutable evidence of foul play by government or agency involvement.

But as said in other threads Trump will probably only release the least sensitive files and the most sensitive will vanish into oblivion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join