It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Volume of CIA Files On Lee Harvey Oswald, to be Released in October, Has ‘Gone Missing’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Probably wrong forum, sry mods, but here goes

Countless concerned individuals are still searching for answers surrounding the mysterious death of the 35th president of the United States, John F. Kennedy. The official narrative, that a lone former Marine named Harvey Oswald assassinated him, is widely disputed.

All available documents from all government entities are required by the Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 to be released on October 26th of 2017. But if history repeats itself, the Central Intelligence Agency may not release an entire volume of documents on Oswald, known as “volume 5.”

As Sputnik reports, the release in July of 3,810 CIA and FBI documents on the assassination by the Assassination Records Review Board threw up a number of revelations that JFK researchers have hungrily devoured and enthusiastically publicized. For instance, the mayor of Dallas at the time of Kennedy’s assassination, Earle Cabell, was a CIA asset in the 1950s, and his brother, Charles Cabell, a high-ranking CIA official until 1962.

The release in October has been highly anticipated by those seeking answers. However, thanks to a deliberate fudging or records, or a conveniently timed clerical error, an entire volume may never see the light of day.

Inside Langley Air Force Base’s CIA Headquarters is an office known as the Office of Security. The Office of Security maintains its own top-secret archives known as the Office of Security Archival Holdings and is a separate archive from the agency’s more frequently used facility located in Alexandria, VA known as the Agency Archival Record Center. *snip*

Really? Missing?

Whole story here:
link

Why am i not surprised ? Talking about fueling a conspiracy...

edit on 18/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Oh oh! Anyone check Ted Cruz' secret safe?

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hmmm sound's like they have something to hide, I wonder what that could be.

Everyone know's the CIA was involved in the murder of JFK.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sry folks! One of the biggest conspiracies in US history about to be unravelled... ohhh sorry!! Cleric error!

How long are you gonna stand up to this BS American ppl ???

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yep, Yessirr, We knew it......just weeks , ladies and gentilemen after the Haiti official was offed a record setting 22 hours before the court was to hear what happened to the money the world gave to supposedly Haiti.....just griggin weeks after that crap....

NOW we got this.......we get squat, ya'll......what do we get...as the people....WE GET SQUAT ...hheeelloo....truth!!....truth come to us!!!!
edit on 18-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, if they ever released the classified files on 9/11, watch the same thing happen to those files.
edit on 18-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Missing, just like the magic bullet, and JFK's brain?!?! This is getting tooo weird!

The Mysterious Disappearance Of JFK’s Brain

And the US government wonder why ppl ask questions?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's probably with JFK's brain and the actual slugs from the weapons fired.

Actually I didn't think they were going to release the stuff on Lee Harvey. I read they were just releasing other stuff. I remember commenting to my wife that it was strange to release everything else but his stuff.

I just figured they would never let out that stuff because it would be him ratting out what was up yelling about being a patsy. Either of which won't fit the official story, so....

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
Missing, just like the magic bullet, and JFK's brain?!?! This is getting tooo weird!

The Mysterious Disappearance Of JFK’s Brain

It was probably stolen from a morbid collector, and it will be worth a lot of money. Check on ebay. lol

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The documents could be slated for release in 2117 and they could still
fudge any documentation they want to in the public disclosure.

I don't know about the cia, though in the Zapruder film they can
be observed to be 'standing down'.

One theory I believe is true, is that LBJ did it because JFK was a thorn
in his side. After all, LBJ pulled all the strings of the commission Ford
was on that determined a single bullet ( 'the magic bullet') produce
all the gunfire in the assasination.

a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Oh, they know there will be questions.

They also know they will never be answered or answerable.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatHappened
The documents could be slated for release in 2117 and they could still
fudge any documentation they want to in the public disclosure.

Yea probably, but really. I could make a much better excuse than this!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As soon as I read the piece in the OP, my brow began to furrow. The story of the "missing volume 5" didn't ring any bells at all. The piece cites Sputnik, WhoWhatWhy, and AARC's Malcolm Blunt. None of the links provided mention the claim that volume 5 has gone missing, and the link for "Malcolm Blunt" goes to a piece by Bill Simpich and that doesn't mention the "volume 5" claim either.

After a bit of head-scratching, I found the piece by Malcolm Blunt that TFTP must be talking about. It does indeed mention a missing volume 5 from a 7 volume set.

If you look at what Blunt is saying, it appears that volume 5 was last seen by HSCA in the late 1970s, and it was only noticed to have gone missing in 1997. That's 18 years, which is a long time, and the last people to read the contents of the file were re-investigating the assassination.

If this were anything sinister, wouldn't CIA have deep-sixed it before HSCA came sniffing around?

My feeling that this isn't anything sinister is heightened by this inventory, helpfully reproduced by Blunt, which says that the two volumes either side of volume 5 (i.e., volumes 4 and 6) each consisted almost entirely of newspaper clippings, and volume 6 is specifically stated to contain clippings from as late as the Garrison trial, so five years after JFK died in any case.

It's true that it's deplorable when any documents related to a historical matter are lost (particularly when they are in the care of supposedly responsible authorities), but this doesn't appear to be significant at all and I feel that Mr Blunt is probably making a bit of a song-and-dance about it due to his intense personal interest in the subject.

TL;DR - I love a good "missing files" story as much as the next JFK researcher, but... it looks like a case of "Great Headline, Shame About The Story." Official investigators already read this volume and evidently found nothing of interest, it went missing sometime within an 18-year period after that investigation, and by the looks of it the file was a scrapbook that contained nothing that hadn't already appeared in newspapers by 1969.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yeah....right. "missing"
Next they'll tell me that the war in drugs isnt dumb and not effective.
Or that they actually fund terrorists more than fight them.
edit on 18 9 2017 by TheFatedOutsider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
TL;DR - I love a good "missing files" story as much as the next JFK researcher, but... it looks like a case of "Great Headline, Shame About The Story." Official investigators already read this volume and evidently found nothing of interest, it went missing sometime within an 18-year period after that investigation, and by the looks of it the file was a scrapbook that contained nothing that hadn't already appeared in newspapers by 1969.

I like your post, but your are bubblewrapping this in pink tinfoil. "its nothing new?", and "investigators already read this volume and evidently found nothing of interest"... hmm apparently they werent looking that hard then?

It seems this "missing" volume is of some importance? Seriously! You dont miss a single lead on a possible presidential killer do you now? Unless you have something to hide.

This stinks so eery my neighbors dog feel bad!

But ok, we both know news like this gotta get time to settle, maybe its just hype?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well, it seems hard to believe that anything important was filed in between two collections of newspaper clippings, and since someone already read the missing volume anyway and didn't raise any alarms whatsoever that seems to support that hypothesis.

I don't have anything to add to what I said in the previous post, but it occurs to me that if HSCA read it there will probably be a mention of it somewhere in HSCA's document trove. Perhaps a summary, maybe even a photocopy. The Mary Ferrell Foundation's website would almost certainly have such an HSCA record - if such a record exists.

I just don't find this exciting or particularly intriguing. YMMV.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I still can't believe people think O did it.

Very Convenient.
edit on 19-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So the JFK conspiracy continues to grow to this day... just imagine the secrets.

Or it's just one party hoping to cash in on the black market with this unique piece of history & esoteric knowledge.

Either way... great story OP

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

As with many conspiracy theories, the less evidence the better.

edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join