It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the FBI was wiretapping people connected to Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You are entitled to your opinion.
Obviously.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If Ricky lives at my apartment complex, and my conversations with him are being tapped, I don't think its a strecth to say my phones in my tower were tapped.

Yes, it's a stretch! Trump doesn't own all the phones in "his" tower. If Trump had conversations with people who were under a FISA warrant, then yes, those conversations were recorded. That doesn't mean that his phone was tapped or that he was the subject of a FISA warrant.

But the reason we are told they were wiretapping is to find out if there was collusion between Russia and the Trump Campaign. Trumps convo's, his campaign, the people he worked with. Its not a stretch to say what Trump said in LIGHT of what has just come out tonight. Moreover, I find Comey's testimony to be highly misleading regarding this sort of wiretapping and he should have been more willing to share what he knew regarding this sort of Wiretapping.
edit on 18-9-2017 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: talisman

Moreover, I find Comey's testimony to be highly misleading regarding this sort of wiretapping and he should have been more willing to share what he knew regarding this sort of Wiretapping.

He did give testimony behind closed doors. Did he not?
There's reason to think that there is more evidence than we know about.
edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Moreover, I find Comey's testimony to be highly misleading regarding this sort of wiretapping and he should have been more willing to share what he knew regarding this sort of Wiretapping.

He did give testimony behind closed doors. Did he not?
There's reason to think that there is more evidence than we know about.

But it can't contradict his public testimony. This "wiretapping" thing should have been revealed months ago, when the President first made his claim or soon after. I was under the impression there as no wiretapping and no FISA stuff going on with regards to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

This "wiretapping" thing should have been revealed months ago, when the President first made his claim or soon after.
Maybe you should review what Trump actually Tweeted. Then review what has been stated in public by Comey, the DOJ, and anyone else.

Then present the contradiction you seem to see.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Of course he was tapped.. look at what you are dealing with... Clinton was fighting to be President and she had Obama pulling all the strings he could.

Trump and his associates would have been tapped. Emails intercepted, cars followed... every stop pulled out to find out something that would have cost him the election.

Nothing was found.. thats why they ended up with this Russia nonsense.

Muellers investigation is turning into an audit of trumps businesses.. and trump had the best tax attorneys running his show. Theres nothing there either.

Some of you need to wake up to the realities of the previous administration

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

This "wiretapping" thing should have been revealed months ago, when the President first made his claim or soon after.
Maybe you should review what Trump actually Tweeted. Then review what has been stated in public by Comey, the DOJ, and anyone else.

Then present the contradiction you seem to see.

When trump says he was wiredtapped by he he could easily mean his campaign.

Trump tower was tapped those close to trump and working for his campaign were tapped in the middle of an election for blackmail.

Its watergate all over. If obama can get away with this clear abuse of power itd be impressive

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

When trump says he was wiredtapped by he he could easily mean his campaign.

Please review what he tweeted before attempting to rationalize it for him.

edit on 9/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: talisman

originally posted by: windword

If Ricky lives at my apartment complex, and my conversations with him are being tapped, I don't think its a strecth to say my phones in my tower were tapped.

Yes, it's a stretch! Trump doesn't own all the phones in "his" tower. If Trump had conversations with people who were under a FISA warrant, then yes, those conversations were recorded. That doesn't mean that his phone was tapped or that he was the subject of a FISA warrant.

But the reason we are told they were wiretapping is to find out if there was collusion between Russia and the Trump Campaign.

When did this Trump-Russia collusion wiretapping begin? Before Trump won the election?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
He(Manafort) has been under criminal investigation by the FBI since 2014, not really surprising he would be wiretapped..by the FBI, and further, not surprising anyone who would associate with this scumbag would also likely be caught in mix.

From Wiki

Manafort's firm, BMSK, accepted $950,000 yearly to lobby for then-president of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos. He was also involved in lobbying for Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaïre, securing a 1 million dollar annual contract in 1989, and attempted to recruit Siad Barre of Somalia as a client. His firm also lobbied on behalf of the governments of the Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Kenya (earning between $660,000 and $750,000 each year between 1991 and 1993), and Nigeria ($1 million in 1991). These activities led Manafort's firm to be listed amongst the top five lobbying firms receiving money from human-rights abusing regimes in the Center for Public Integrity report "The Torturer's Lobby

edit on 19-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Soooo...

Trump still wasn't wiretapped by Obama as he wildly proclaimed...

Nothing burger with fries, yes?

Lol....yeah, Obama knew nothing about it. Like Schulz from Hogan's Heroes.

edit on 19-9-2017 by Assessor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assessor

Soooo...

Lol....yeah, Obama knew nothing about it. Like Schulz from Hogan's Heroes.

Well...it's proven that Obama lied to the American people many many times. He's laying low this year for a reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Soooo...

Bury your head in the sand all you like if it helps you swallow the humble pie you have to eat.
Trump's campaign was wiretapped during an election and also after the President took office. The wiretap included conversations with Trump. Manafort has a residence at Trump Tower.

Bottom line is Trump was correct. I wonder will anyone on the left be just a little upset that a sitting administration was spying on their political opponents during a campaign?

Let's go back to the story that prompted Trumps tweet and that the entire mainstream media then dismissed in an attempt to cover up the spying after Trump later drew attention to it.

edit on 19/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Of course he was tapped.. look at what you are dealing with... Clinton was fighting to be President and she had Obama pulling all the strings he could.

Trump and his associates would have been tapped. Emails intercepted, cars followed... every stop pulled out to find out something that would have cost him the election.

Nothing was found.. thats why they ended up with this Russia nonsense.

Muellers investigation is turning into an audit of trumps businesses.. and trump had the best tax attorneys running his show. Theres nothing there either.

Some of you need to wake up to the realities of the previous administration

There should be a full investigation into the spying - it's all very well saying it was for the Russian interference, but what else did they find out about the campaign strategy and who got the information... and how was it used? This is, as you say, a modern-day watergate.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Soooo...

Bury your head in the sand all you like if it helps you swallow the humble pie you have to eat.
Trump's campaign was wiretapped during an election and also after the President took office. The wiretap included conversations with Trump. Manafort has a residence at Trump Tower.

Bottom line is Trump was correct. I wonder will anyone on the left be just a little upset that a sitting administration was spying on their political opponents during a campaign?

Let's go back to the story that prompted Trumps tweet and that the entire mainstream media then dismissed in an attempt to cover up the spying after Trump later drew attention to it.

Did you not even read the title of the article you claim vindicates Trump? Is Trump an aide of himself all of a sudden now that we know Manafort was being wiretapped? Or was Trump's claim based in the fact that he knows the FBI now has him on record talking with Manafort while Manafort's lines were tapped and Trump is trying to discredit the FBI?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Soooo...

No... not by a long shot. This is a huge deal for anyone concerned about abuse of power and other corruptions of government -- especially in terms of election integrity and just plain old fairness! These issues are far bigger than Trump or any individual, and were pertinent before Trump and will be pertinent after Trump. So Trump mis-spoke. Big surprise. But to dismiss the seriousness of the charges and actions based on semantics is worse than just petty and vindictive... it's cutting off the nose to spite the face!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes this is exactly the point.

People that dislike trump are so short sighted that they can not see they are cheering for using the intelligence community to attack political opponents.

The implications of this are astounding, and yet the focus is on rather trumps exact phrase was right.

I am more concerned with what this means for the future of the country. The establishment can now listen in on any opponents phone calls, task anyone they want, leak that info, and the main stream media and apparently many regular people will cheer this on.

It is truly frightening.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yeah since 2014.

They sure don't wiretap innocent people. Evidence is needed to get a warrant.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah since 2014.

They sure don't wiretap innocent people. Evidence is needed to get a warrant.

Funny, that wasn't what real liberals were saying about the fisa court only denying .03 of the requests they were given before trump.

And why did the unmasking and leaking to the press only occur when trump was running?

Flynn wasn't being witetapped, yet he was unmasked and his conversation leaked for political purposes.

You are ok with that?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Compare it to the year long investigation that turned up nothing?
Why? They are not even remotely similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join