It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the FBI was wiretapping people connected to Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 3daysgone

Didn't you hear? His conversations with Manafort might have been picked up by the FBI. He might have had a Nixon moment.

I couldn't see anyone simply sitting on that big of a bombshell. Stranger things have happened however.

Exactly. The did not want Trump to be President. At all. It would have definitely came out.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

a reply to: Grambler

Three maybes there.

Here's another. Maybe Trump is busted.

How would Trump be busted?

As long as we're speculating, this one's easy. Trump might have said something to incriminate himself in the whole Russia fiasco.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Even someone who was indifferent couldn't turn down the cash that information could bring in. My thought is that big money is being made off of 'leaks.'

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Three maybes there.

Here's another. Maybe Trump is busted.

here is another, Maybe Obama is.

Yep. Maybe.

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Soooo...

Trump still wasn't wiretapped by Obama as he wildly proclaimed...

Nothing burger with fries, yes?

www.cnn.com...

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!" Trump tweeted early Saturday morning in one part of a six-tweet tirade that began just after 6:30 a.m.

www.cnn.com...

Sources say the second warrant was part of the FBI's efforts to investigate ties between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian operatives. Such warrants require the approval of top Justice Department and FBI officials

If Manafort's Trump Tower phone was bugged, then that order came from the top of the Justice Department, which is a direct extension of the Office of President... Trump's claim certainly seems to be a lot closer to accuracy than not.

link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

As long as we're speculating, this one's easy. Trump might have said something to incriminate himself in the whole Russia fiasco.

I think that is an that is an excellent answer as a speculator.

One question.

Why wasn't it released? This Nation couldn't very well have traitor as President? Surely they would have released it, to prevent what they hate right now.
edit on 18-9-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If Manafort's Trump Tower phone was bugged, then that order came from the top of the Justice Department,

Why?

The FBI can't get a FISA warrant?
Carter Page
edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Picked up unmasked and leaked to attack him politically. Does it matter if he was right or wrong? Maybe they didnt tap him maybe they did, however if they had anything credible against him especially seeing as to how they were looking into people he had in his campaign already (he also would most certainly be monitored after people found out he was running for president considering what they were monitoring mannafort for) they woulda used it. But they didn't use it to legally go after him. Instead they leaked it in a way to politically hurt him. Why would that make sense if they were rightious in their cause?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Even someone who was indifferent couldn't turn down the cash that information could bring in. My thought is that big money is being made off of 'leaks.'

That is a remarkable observation. If you had Hilary funding your leak, I would say some big money.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

But if there was sufficient evidence of Russian collusion, why wasn't it revealed. Why instead was so much nonsense leaked?

Why would Obama encourage this investigation to be spread among european allies and other intel agencies?

This occurred when Trump was the candidate.

Look, if a president is investigating people like this, and a political rival for president is picked up, in the interests of ensuring a fair investigation, everything possible should be done to insure that it is not being used for political purposes.

Obama did the opposite.

Say Hillary runs again in 20202.

Now the precedent is set for Trump to say he feels Podesta and Huma have connection to Russia of the Muslim brotherhood. he can wiretap them including their conversations with Hillary, unmask people, and encourage as many people as possible including foreign bodies get this info so that it can be leaked. And all of this would be perfectly ok to the group saying it was a legitimate process.

This is starting a precedent of unbridled corruption.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
Who are you talking about? Manafort?
Which leaks? There have been several, I think.

edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ever since Trump began his bid for the nomination, and all through the campaign after that, we all saw these anti-Trump escapades happen again and again, and it has the exact same hallmarks right now. Continual denial that anyone was doing anything bad to Trump, while everyone not brainwashed by the media and the leftists knew exactly what they were doing, all the lying and constant defending of false charges and accusations against Trump, and still now it transpires the very same.

It always comes out in the end and shows that Trump was RIGHT. They were doing everything they said they weren't doing, and all the falsehoods against Trump are later proven that they were indeed false, and no accountability for his accusers.

A person doesn't even need to support Trump to know all of this is true. It's the adopted main method of those against Trump, to never accept an ounce of responsibility for even one single solitary thing in their lives. For proof just look at Hillary. how often she loses. And look at Trump, how he is always ending up winning and being proven right in the end.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Trump's claim certainly seems to be a lot closer to accuracy than not.

Oh I gotcha... alternative fact World...

The thing with facts is...
You can either be accurate, or inaccurate...

There is no in between...
Sadly for you, facts have a liberal bias.

He so far, is inaccurate, or at the very least, hasn't proved accuracy.

Now isn't it the darnedest thing that all of these government agencies that are now beholden to him, and 6 months later, diddly squat on the "proving it" part?

I thought he'd be onto that like flies around sh*t.

Maybe he forgot he said it and hasn't looked into since.
That happens to the senile.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There is no honor among thieves.

Corruption comes from all places and goes in all directions. This is how reality works, especially at the highest levels of office imaginable. This is the pinnacle of "life" we are talking about.

Power = corruption

So, I'm not surprised, nor am I outraged.

It's all part of the game, and in a game full of sharks, only the strongest survive.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If Manafort's Trump Tower phone was bugged

What if it was Manafort's mobile phone that was being monitored? Do we know if he even have a land line? Are we to suppose that Manafort made all of his calls to Trump from his home land line?
edit on 18-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

I can't read WaPo articles. They have a paywall which I can only compare to something akin to charging people to take a crap in an outhouse. I don't believe the FBI can open a FISA warrant without Justice Dept. support. They can only get one if there is an already open investigation and evidence on a new player comes to light, which was not the case with the second FISA warrant on Manafort, as the initial warrant had run its course and been closed.

link   

Why do you play as if you couldn't understand what I said...unless I underestimate your intelligence and believe me I always felt you were a very intelligent person. Tapping manafort and unmasking trump. [Edit so I'm clear: the leaking is what I am referencing in this sentence]Yes it did happen many times usually timed in ways to hurt his run for president. Since that's all clear maybe you'll replay to the post?
edit on 18-9-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The article says that sources say that the evidence isn't conclusive that Manafort asked russia for help.

So, much to the left's chagrin, a year later they still don't have solid evidence.

link   

Why would Obama encourage this investigation to be spread among european allies and other intel agencies?

Read all about it.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

They can only get one if there is an already open investigation and evidence on a new player comes to light,

How about if further evidence on the original player comes to light?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join