It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the FBI was wiretapping people connected to Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We keep hearing about how much of a liar Trump was for saying he was wiretapped in Trump tower.

I and others have said all along that while he may have been incorrect in the use of the term wiretap, or that he personally was wiretapped, the unmasking revelations were very troubling and should be looked into.

Well CNN today shows that Manafort, who had a residence at Trump tower, was indeed wirtapped before and after he was campaign chair.

For that reason, speculation has run rampant about whether Manafort or others associated with Trump were under surveillance. The President himself fueled the speculation when in March he used his Twitter account to accuse former President Barack Obama of having his "wires tapped" in Trump Tower.

The Justice Department and the FBI have denied that Trump's own "wires" were tapped.

While Manafort has a residence in Trump Tower, it's unclear whether FBI surveillance of him took place there.

Manafort has a home as well in Alexandria, Virginia. FBI agents raided the Alexandria residence in July.

The FBI also eavesdropped on Carter Page, a campaign associate that then candidate Trump once identified as a national security adviser. Page's ties to Russia, including an attempt by Russian spies to cultivate him, prompted the FBI to obtain a FISA court warrant in 2014.

www.cnn.com...

The article says that sources say that the evidence isn't conclusive that Manafort asked russia for help.

So now it appears that Trump tower may have been wiretaped, and conversations between Trump and manafort may have been wiretapped.

Everyday it is more and more evident at the fabrications of the media and others involving the Russia investigation.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Soooo...

Trump still wasn't wiretapped by Obama as he wildly proclaimed...

Nothing burger with fries, yes?
edit on 18-9-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And on a side note, look at how the NYT is describing Muellers investigation.

The moves against Mr. Manafort are just a glimpse of the aggressive tactics used by Mr. Mueller and his team of prosecutors in the four months since taking over the Justice Department’s investigation into Russia’s attempts to disrupt last year’s election, according to lawyers, witnesses and American officials who have described the approach. Dispensing with the plodding pace typical of many white-collar investigations, Mr. Mueller’s team has used what some describe as shock-and-awe tactics to intimidate witnesses and potential targets of the inquiry.

Mr. Mueller has obtained a flurry of subpoenas to compel witnesses to testify before a grand jury, lawyers and witnesses say, sometimes before his prosecutors have taken the customary first step of interviewing them. One witness was called before the grand jury less than a month after his name surfaced in news accounts. The special counsel even took the unusual step of obtaining a subpoena for one of Mr. Manafort’s former lawyers, claiming an exception to the rule that shields attorney-client discussions from scrutiny.

“They are setting a tone. It’s important early on to strike terror in the hearts of people in Washington, or else you will be rolled,” said Solomon L. Wisenberg, who was deputy independent counsel in the investigation that led to the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton in 1999. “You want people saying to themselves, ‘Man, I had better tell these guys the truth.’”

www.nytimes.com...

Now compare this to the Hllary investigation, where Comey had made up his mind before interviewing Hillary and others, immunity was handed out like candy, people were allowed to testify with others involved in the investigation in the room (Huma and Hillary), and even the DOJ head met with the targets husband.

It was so non chalant.

I don't mind agressive investigations. But this just shows even more how one sided these things are, and how the rules are different when it comes to Trump as opposed to Hillary or democrats.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Ahhh HA !!

This conversation should be interesting !!

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

When Trump speaks, he has a reason. Like him or hate him, he has been around and knows "things".

I find it funny people get their tails in a knot and jump the gun calling him a out for making a statement on a current event and a week later_boom Trump was right again.

edit on 18-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Soooo...

Trump still wasn't wiretapped by Obama as he wildly proclaimed...

Nothing burger with fries, yes?

Are we so sure?

The CNN article says Manafort lived in Trump tower and may have been tapped there, and this may have included calls with Trump.

And as I mentioned in the first post, the media going insane over the suggetsion that Trump could say this because it may not be 100% accurate misses the greater picture; it now seems quite likely that Trump tower was wiretapped and conversations trump was having with manafort may have been included.

In addition to the unmasking details, this shows that the crux of the point Trump was making was true; Obama was wiretapping Trumps team and in Trumps own home.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Weird where did you read that...would you mind showing me the quote from the article that stated that? Yea I didnt think so...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The conversations between Manafort and Trump continued after the President took office, long after the FBI investigation into Manafort was publicly known, the sources told CNN. They went on until lawyers for the President and Manafort insisted that they stop, according to the sources.

It's unclear whether Trump himself was picked up on the surveillance.

Damn. It is possible the President was "picked up on the surveillance". The implications are astounding.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nah...it will be the same as it always has. One side belittles the other, then vice versa. Has any of the partisans on either side actually changed their minds or been swayed from their side yet?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, this kind of thing will tend to happen when all your campaign cohorts are playing hide the salami with Russian operatives.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The conversations between Manafort and Trump continued after the President took office, long after the FBI investigation into Manafort was publicly known, the sources told CNN. They went on until lawyers for the President and Manafort insisted that they stop, according to the sources.

Damn. It is possible the President was "picked up on the surveillance". The implications are astounding.

Its unbelievable.

And I wonder where all of leaks about conversations were coming from....

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Not just picked up, but then unmasked in conversations he had that they recorded even though apparently he was not even the target of the investigation. Takes quite a bit of authority to do that. I also seriously doubt that Obama was left in the dark on such a decision too.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Well, this kind of thing will tend to happen when all your campaign cohorts are playing hide the salami with Russian operatives.

Well of course this is the response I expected.

At first it was how dare Trump makes claims Obama would have had this type of surveillance, and now it is well of course there was this surveillance but it was warranted.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So what could be the reason he was unmasked? I mean if they did have anything against him it would surely have been used against him before he ever took office right? So if they had nothing on him...why unmask him and use that info against him in a very political fashion? Being a logical person the simplest reason I can think of is to politically attack him. That's just my take though...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Nooo, they were playing hide the vodka bottles from Mother...

Russia.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

So what could be the reason he was unmasked? I mean if they did have anything against him it would surely have been used against him before he ever took office right? So if they had nothing on him...why unmask him and use that info against him in a very political fashion? Being a logical person the simplest reason I can think of is to politically attack him. That's just my take though...

I did a thread on how Obama was apparently telling European allies to not trust Trump because of his connections to Russia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the article.

In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections, and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.

At intelligence agencies, there was a push to process as much raw intelligence as possible into analyses, and to keep the reports at a relatively low classification level to ensure as wide a readership as possible across the government — and, in some cases, among European allies. This allowed the upload of as much intelligence as possible to Intellipedia, a secret wiki used by American analysts to share information.

www.nytimes.com...

The only possible reason for this unmasking and smearing of Trump, without any actaul substance is to politically hurt him.

remember, the media was outraged that Trump would suggest that Obama used the Intelligence community for political purposes, but it is looking more and more everyday that this is exactly what happened.

This to me is a bigger story than even Russian collusion would have been. Using the FBI to spy on a political rival and his team, unmasking the info, and leaking to media and allies is as corrupt and Orwellian as it gets.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Its unbelievable.

And I wonder where all of leaks about conversations were coming from....

Remember Comey admitted leaking info to some "source".

This is gonna get big.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Greater picture???

Be intellectually honest here and not partisan...

What was the greater picture when these words were tweeted?

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

Or these, that when read carefully don't even make a lick of sense...

"Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!"

Or these...

"I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!"

Or these...

"How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

Tell me about this "greater picture" in depth...

Because to me, the claim was that Obama tapped Trump...

It's cool to move the goal posts 6 months later, but at least admit you're moving the goal posts...

And... @ RickyD...
What on Earth are you talking about?

I think you're forgetting, scartch that, wilfully ignoring the fact that the burden or proof lies with the claimant i.e Donald Trump...
Or if you so wish, his support base that still believe that it happened.

No I apologise...
Ignore this as I don't want to derail the thread.

Manafort was tapped, you say?
Well that's not surprising given that he is a Kremlin stooge.

This doesn't vindicate Trump or his claim in any way, shape or form...

If I'm wiretapping RickyD, and he speaks to you Grambler, that doesn't mean I'm tapping you...
Not that you couldn't incriminate yourself while I tap RickyD...

Trump has nothing to worry about surely?
He wouldn't incriminate himself, would he?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Guess what ....

I bet Trump knew ALL about this as it was happening.

The "Plan"

The "Plan"

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Just to play devil's advocate, some would argue that it was a matter of National Security. You know. To keep Trump from the Presidency.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join