It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Would Like To Have a 4th of July Military Parade.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'm kinda curious as to why people find the notion of a fourth of July parade featuring the military offensive.

Like it or not, the military plays an important roll. Don't like it, don't attend. My humble opinion, of course, your mileage may differ.

Most of the people who are against the parade, are against it because President Trump likes the idea. If it were Obama, they'd love the idea.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That son of a bitch! Damn him and his unpresidential social pleasantries directed as another world leader who hosted him. Didn't anyone tell him he was supposed to grope Macron's wife, piss in the water glasses, wipe his mouth on the table cloth, and then tell the media his dinner tasted like merde, as his cowardly hosts would say?

*gasping for air from laughing*. Hilarious!

(Point well taken, btw).

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Nyiah

Doubt vets, unless they are bitter, would not enjoy this show of patriotism-might make them proud again. We need to especially show how grateful this country is for those who served-maybe present rewards-and for God's sake fix the vet hospitals. Any vets or active duty that would find this "retarded" already have alot of problems and they are definitely in the minority and need our help.

Guess what Cavtrooper is, and what he doesn't agree with?

You get to argue the finer points with him & call him bitter (AND tell him to go to Canada) but judging from the reactions of the military folks we know, it's a resounding Middle Finger for this parade idea.
edit on 9/18/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
September 18, 2017

One day before his first major speech at the United Nations, President Trump met with French President Emmanuel Macron. After the meeting, he related this tidbit:

Donald Trump is considering staging a US military parade in Washington on the Fourth of July Independence Day holiday, inspired by the parade he saw on Bastille Day in Paris.

Meeting France’s President Emmanuel Macron on the fringes of the UN general assembly, Trump said he had asked his White House chief of staff, retired Marine Corps general John Kelly, to look into the possibility of holding such a display of US military might.

Excerpted from: www.theguardian.com...

So what do you think? Personally, I'd love to see our brave members of the U.S. military and veterans honored by the nation, in a 4th of July parade down Pennsylvania avenue in Washington, D.C.. We might even see some unidentifiable high-tech hardware and weapons.

-CareWeMust

I've read numerous articles saying that heavy military vehicles would be hell on paved roads in DC.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I know. They have to provide local police too, for traffic management and security which comes out of local taxes. Again, the two are not comparable.

Anyway, I don't care. I really don't. There will be no parade. It is indeed tacky and so kimmy-esque.
We've had local parades where the national guard or some other entity drove a tank or two, or pulled an old fighter jet on a float, amidst the other floats, and it was no big deal. Sort of interesting. But this sounds ridiculous to me. Grandiose. Flamboyant.
Déclassé. My opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

HANG on .
ALL men who fight and have an IQ above 50 would as well.WE WERE used against our nations values,and OF THAT I am angered.
WE already go to EVERY country and tell them, we are the best,because WE ARE EXCEPTIONAL and NUMEROUS, we DON'T need these baubles of dictators, because what all that disregards is the fact the job is what?

KILLING!
We aren't supposed to do it,we are LUCKY enough to be GOOD at it and win but THAT is all.
I have a RIFLE to fight BACK, not to take over, OR LET anyone try. I AM good at it but IT is the ugliest thing on the planet.
edit on 18-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I wouldn't be surprised if some members on here would say that and actually mean it. It's hard to tell between serious and facetious these days.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Latest: Senate approves $700 billion defense policy bill

and people are mad about a parade....pffffft

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: angeldoll
Trump also couldn't resist talking about what a lovely dinner they had in Paris. Chocolate cake? Delicious chocolate cake?
The social aspects of things and food seem to always be on his mind.

That son of a bitch! Damn him and his unpresidential social pleasantries directed as another world leader who hosted him. Didn't anyone tell him he was supposed to grope Macron's wife, piss in the water glasses, wipe his mouth on the table cloth, and then tell the media his dinner tasted like merde, as his cowardly hosts would say?

I don't get it anymore, Angel. Had he avoided the pleasantries, folks would complain that he's uncouth and embarrassing the US. He made a point to be a gracious guest, and people are complaining that he's "sucking up" or stuck up on the meaningless. This is absolutely the definition of someone who can't win with his detractors... so why should he worry in the least about WTF they think at this point?

Spot on. he shouldn't and doesn't care. More reason to admire him. Likewise those 'offended' by the thought of a military parade.

Now I'd support the parade just to perturb off the whiners that are posting...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I'm kinda curious as to why people find the notion of a fourth of July parade featuring the military offensive.

Like it or not, the military plays an important roll. Don't like it, don't attend. My humble opinion, of course, your mileage may differ.

Most of the people who are against the parade, are against it because President Trump likes the idea. If it were Obama, they'd love the idea.

Probably not.. it's a stupid idea no matter who comes up with it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

September 18, 2017

One day before his first major speech at the United Nations, President Trump met with French President Emmanuel Macron. After the meeting, he related this tidbit:

Donald Trump is considering staging a US military parade in Washington on the Fourth of July Independence Day holiday, inspired by the parade he saw on Bastille Day in Paris.

Meeting France’s President Emmanuel Macron on the fringes of the UN general assembly, Trump said he had asked his White House chief of staff, retired Marine Corps general John Kelly, to look into the possibility of holding such a display of US military might.

So what do you think? Personally, I'd love to see our brave members of the U.S. military and veterans honored by the nation, in a 4th of July parade down Pennsylvania avenue in Washington, D.C.. We might even see some unidentifiable high-tech hardware and weapons.

-CareWeMust

North Korea and those videos of them marching and people by the thousands in formations? It takes a LOT of practice to do that.....

We practice War Games and tactics...they practice marching. A few well placed single nukes by us....would wipe the entire square of theirs out at once.

A couple of us to fire the nuke or other device...while a few thousand of them goose step to perfection. What? They'd "attack us"...come over and dance us to death in formation?

Other than places like West Point....when was the last time any of us saw the marching formations of thousands of US military?
edit on 18-9-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What? They'd "attack us"...come over and dance us to death in formation?

If war were a dance-off or march-off North Korea would have the strongest military power in the world. Don't kid yourself, you gotta give credit where it's due.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

September 18, 2017

-CareWeMust

I've read numerous articles saying that heavy military vehicles would be hell on paved roads in DC.

Nothing that a "shovel ready" jobs program can't fix! :-)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

See the France "Bastille Day Parade" video I posted on the prior page. That's where Trump got the idea from. He was there for the parade in July. The formations and parade was more about "pride" than a show of military might. No huge troop formations that I could see.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Obama wouldn't be primitive enough to support such an idea

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

IKR, isn't that the truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Touche'...North Korea's version of "Dancing with the stars'....or "SO you think you can prance"!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A national 4th of July parade would be great. Let's just leave all of the empty missile carcasses on flatbeds out of it.
I would like to see a continuous moving fireworks display from Boston to New York. Now that would be a parade!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

This is a free country-if you are that unhappy-we have many options-yours to choose. Thought Canada was a lefitst idea of Paradise. No offense intended. I'm proud of my country, thank you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join