It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Would Like To Have a 4th of July Military Parade.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
All you nay sayers can go to Canada.

So does that opinion also include the many vets & active personnel who find this idea incredibly offensive/retarded?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
HELL NO .
I don't WANT it need ,nor should we WASTE a cent on a Mayday parade.
They can SEE the equipment fine on the news and the ones receiving ,IN PERSON.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You don't support the Troops/Veterans by staging a effing parade... You support 'em with cash, and loads of it!!!
God Damn it... The US of A has become a effing Commie State!
Besides If I have my wish.... Trump + VH staff and every GOP (Greedy Ol' Parasites) enabler in Congress, will be in orange jump suits, breaking big rocks into small ones, by the time 4th of July comes around again...........
edit on 9182017 by BobbyRock because: meh

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't know, I think it's a great ideal. It's pretty much honoring those were in and are in the service. I don't see nothing wrong with. It also honors the President that the service man signed up to honor.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A world where the government of a supposed modern civilized nation heralds war in the nuclear age is to me disgusting.

Why not do things that encourage peace.

Disarmament or at least the disarmament of nuclear weapons would be better.

I said all along a guy like Trump is taking us backward

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Which would lead to WW3?

Nah, the US is by far and away the largest arms dealer in the world. Something like this would be more along the lines of the annual Big Tent Sale at your local GM dealership. Get the goods out in view of the public and make some deals, ya?

In seriousness, I remember the 4th of July parades in Southern NM when I was a kid. There were still a couple of Bataan Death March survivors around then, and that's part of the country where a lot of the POWs came from, so the parade was a big deal. The National Guard usually rolled an old M1 Abrams that set out front of the armory down Main Street with the Death March survivors walking/wheeling in front bookended by honor guards. As a kid, the significance of it was somewhat lost on me, and I was more excited to see the Shriners in their tiny cars and the Sons & Daughters of the Confederacy in their uniforms and period dresses and horses.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: carewemust

Independence Day is not about displaying the might of the Federal Gubment, lol.

Yes, wouldn't it be nice if people celebrated things like the 4th amendment on the 4th of July?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Talked to so many people that are not even aware this is a right protected under the constitution.

I guess ignorance is bliss for those in power.

edit on 18-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Which would lead to WW3?

Don't worry about WWIII. We have the Canadians to defend us....

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

So does that opinion also include the many vets & active personnel who find this idea incredibly offensive/retarded?

Yes.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

We need to be proud to be American again. Great idea. Totally support it.

i love how when the right-wingers don't like the way things are run, they call for revolution... and when someone else doesn't like it, the right-wingers invite them to leave the country. and administration to administration, they switch it back and forth with no palpable sense of irony.

you don't own america, sorry. kindly bite me.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm kinda curious as to why people find the notion of a fourth of July parade featuring the military offensive.

A tank? Oh, my God, the world is ending. Some humvees towing artillery, or MLRS (or whatever it's called...) would be interesting viewing.

Fourth of July parades here used to feature the local NG armoury's two M-60 MBT's, when it was part of an armoured brigade, the local NG unit now is artillery. Along with the totally cool tanks (hey, I was 12--actually, I'd find 'em cool now, too), various veteran organizations would march, along with local HS bands.

Like it or not, the military plays an important roll. Don't like it, don't attend. My humble opinion, of course, your mileage may differ.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I don't remember Antifa shooting into crowds of people with "live ammo", have I been living under a rock? Antifa are a bunch of assholes and provocateurs but that's not something they've done as far as I know. If they've suggested it then I guess they're no better than the poster who suggested it here.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They're demostic terrorists. Everyone should disagree with them..... what do they even stand for. From the videos I've seen they hate everyday people, anyone who has a short haircut, Trump hat, anyone who disagrees with them. The list goes on.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Maybe just the robots can march and drive the big missiles.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: carewemust

Nothing wrong with a parade to honor veterans. But I would rather we leave all the military hardware out of it.

I'd volunteer to march in that. Unlike Michelle Obama, I've been proud of this country since childhood.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

They're most likely paid protesters, there's a reason they wear masks. Their "terrorism" is aimed at the right and the right is eating it up like hotcakes.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I say there should be a military parade every time Antifa stages a protest somewhere.
And give them live ammo.

I'd love to see military drones spew tear gas on them!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Happy Independence day, Sir! And while we're at it: I bet your penis probably is bigger than Kim's. Everybody left and right is cracking me up here. Cheers to all!!

Since the President dubbed Kim Jong as "Little Rocket Man" yesterday, that might trigger a size comparison feud between the two leaders, LOL.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: watchitburn

Right! The vets should get to ride in a big comfortable car. One with an open top so they can hear the cheers but with air conditioning blasting full blast. I will never understand why we don't treat our service people better.

What would you bet that Antifa, BLM, and extreme left-wingers, would throw eggs and dung through the open top?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join