It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annual road trip

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Cavrecon22

North Base is part of Edwards. They split it into North and South. North is where the B-2 and some other less than public programs have lived.

South is the B-2 base. North run Groom Lake.

Really there are three bases. North, South, then I guess just "the base" or "main base."

Isn't north base super secret as well? I have some security forces buddies at Edwards and they can't even respond to north base if there is an alarm. I can't remember so I am not sure if north base has their own private security or if it's a different security forces wing all together since there is not much subject matter. I will have to ask them.

Just makes me wonder what they have there now? Some of said they have seen some strange lights doing some maneuvers that they have not see before.

My GF had a tour of the active runway a few years ago. They even got to check out the ATC tower. One of the controllers was talking about how there was a tunnel to a 'secret base'. She said the tour ended when an officer said they had to get out of the tower immediately. The controller told her that an aircraft not meant for public view was flying.

edit on 3-10-2017 by Cavrecon22 because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You can't do much at North Base since it is close to the highway. You can run a remote base from that location. You could modify known aircraft in one of the North Base hangars.

South Base was where they did some directed energy tests. There are public documents related to the South Base tests since the directed energy could leave the base if problems occurred. The ABL (airborne laser), was tested there. When I was at South Base, I was told not to photograph anything, especially a large tank. Some googling revealed the tank was part of the ABL test.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I highly recommend visiting the Tejon ranch rcs facility. Well worth the price of admission if you're into that sorta stuff. Fascinating place...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MAVERICKANDGOOSE
I highly recommend visiting the Tejon ranch rcs facility. Well worth the price of admission if you're into that sorta stuff. Fascinating place...

Tejon Ranch RCS is shut down. Take a look on Google Earth. There is a thread on this forum about the events that lead to it being shut down.

You can still check out Helendale.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

The rcs site itself isn't whats interesting, it's how they keep the facility secure that is..

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MAVERICKANDGOOSE

The rcs site itself isn't whats interesting, it's how they keep the facility secure that is..

There is no facility. I don't get your point.

If anything Helendale is more interesting since the pylon pops out of the ground.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

You can't do much at North Base since it is close to the highway. You can run a remote base from that location. You could modify known aircraft in one of the North Base hangars.

South Base was where they did some directed energy tests. There are public documents related to the South Base tests since the directed energy could leave the base if problems occurred. The ABL (airborne laser), was tested there. When I was at South Base, I was told not to photograph anything, especially a large tank. Some googling revealed the tank was part of the ABL test.

Interesting stuff! I'll have to do some prodding and see what I can get my buddies to Share

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Sorry I've been away from ATS, I've been pulling insane hours, so my schedule is now basically wake up, work, sleep.
When I toured Edwards flight line at 11Am last spring it was almost impossible to distinguish anything of the south base rather than some large hangars in the far distance. South base is pretty much untouchable to non authorized eyes.
North base can be visible further from the highway. With the right equipment.
I've never been by China lake, so I'm excited to explore and do some sleuthing for the next trip.
I was considering Helendale but I don't think we'll have enough time, as I only have a week off of work.
, but the trip is coming up in about...well... I'll just say I'm planning it around when there is little moonlight.
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense

Really excited to hear about the Tonopah developments, as I'm excited to head back there! Thank you all for the advice and input!!

Off topic, but I thought I'd share this quick clip of the blue Angels flying over my daily commute this afternoon. Probably best to mute the volume.
Bay bridge fly by
edit on 1082017 by HomeyKXTA because: Video

top topics

<< 1   >>

join