It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looks like Ivan Drago is coming back....maybe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
an i'm no into it if it happens.
i love almost all things rocky or rocky connected but i am not feeling this

www.imdb.com...

Adonis Creed tries to seek revenge when he goes toe to toe with the man who killed his father.

so adonis who is in his early 20's is gonna crack with drago is is gonna be in his 50's???

what s the appeal with that?
i mean drago is prob the greatest rocky villain(clubber is my fav) but how awesome can it be to see him in the ring?

i dont know. i dont like it

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well, I mean, Lundgren IS a rocket scientist, so I'm sure that they can figure out a way to make it work.

I enjoyed the Creed movie, but like you, I have my concerns with bringing back such an old character while trying to keep the series fresh.

I'm also a fan of all of the Rocky movies (although I can take or leave Tommy "Machine" Gunn in Rocky V)...whenever I need to get inspired to get off my ass and start trying harder at my fitness, I can always count on a Rocky movie to help.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
From my understanding, Drago is returning to be in Creed 2.

But it's only for Drago's son to fight creed.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
From my understanding, Drago is returning to be in Creed 2.

But it's only for Drago's son to fight creed.

That would make more sense.

The main problem with Creed was the actor as he had almost no charisma like Apollo / Carl Weathers. They should have really cast that part better in my opinion. Apollo was like Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, and Sugar Ray Leonard wrapped into one. Flair, Showmanship, and Charisma.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Agreed on Tommy Gunn...1&2 pretty ok, 3 had its moments for the time...4, I mean lifting draft horses wrestling polar bears to beat Ivan, sure...but 5 , Tommy Gunn, just pathetic...there after they kinda save face.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I can agree with that take on Michael B. Jordan--I didn't really like him at first, but he grew on me by the end of the movie. I have to wonder if he was told to play the character that way in the first one, and then maybe we'll see a little more animation out of him in the second one. But I think that you must remember that he didn't know his dad, so taking on those personality traits would have to be nature versus nurture in that regard.

My opinion, though, is that the new Creed character is meant to be Rocky all over again--quiet and soft-spoken, suffering from some self-doubt, etc. I think that he'll come into a better character.

Wow, I just realized that I care too much about this...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

V was actually a more realistic take on boxing, IMO. That said, it was a boring movie.

Fun fact: Lundgren accidentally slipped a punch into Stallone's shoulder while filming Rocky IV. He dislocated Sly's shoulder, and filming had to be delayed for a while because of it. Lundgren, while very difficult to understand when speaking, is an honest to God walking superman. Genius intellect combined with some seriously incredible strength and pretty extensive martial arts training.

top topics

join