It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wonder why Samuel,Buddha,Christ, Muhammed, Quetzalcoatl, Einstein were long haired?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Peace of of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

Hair cut is for many question of aesthetics, style, etiquette, social status, profession, sex appeal or ethnical customs, there are many reasons you can imagine to justify the hair cut men have used along history, but it is intriguing why many of the most charismatic, intuitive and mysterious leaders of humanity were long haired men:

- Heracles
- Achilles
- Hermes Trismegistus
- Plato
- Alexander the Great
- Sansom
- Joshua
- Samuel
- Krishna
- Buddha
- Jesus Christ
- Attila
- Erick the Red
- Ghengis Khan
- Charlemagne
- Merlin
- Nicolas Copernicus
- Muhammed
- Christopher Columbus
- Quetzalcoatl
- Leonardo Da Vinci
- Netzahualcoytl
- Wolfang A. Motzart
- Nostradamus
- Isaac Newton
- Tecumseh
- Benjamin Franklyn
- Crazy Horse
- Franz Listz
- Atahualpa
- Frederic Chopin
- Rasputin
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Albert Einstein

Notice that the list include stelar figures of history among mystics, prophets, philosophers, scientists, great leaders, poets , creative artists and composers , that all shared in common their powerful intuitive intelligences or gifted talents.

Well, apparently a research study carried out in the US army about almost five decades ago about a strange sixth sense of Native American soldiers on Vietnam war, that was triggered after smart observations of the correlation in between their outstanding talent to trace enemy positions and feel in advance their movements when they were allowed to preserve their use of long hair, according with their ancestral traditions, and when they were forced to hair cut in the same way that other troops, may give us a very interesting hint:

The hair is an extension of the nervous system, comprised of “feelers” that allow huge amounts of information to be transmitted to the brain and limbic system. It has been found that facial hair in men can have a similar effect. Hair can also emit energy into the world, transferred from the brain, outside of the body, and into one’s surroundings. Evolution has designed the human body to make it seem that our survival skills seem supernatural at times. There is a purpose for everything on and in our bodies, a reason beyond a means for improving self image.

Please check

ewao.com...

Is this telling to us that also well known traditions that were followed by the hebrews for instance since thousand of years ago, to never shave or cut the hair of the head of prophets and consecrated men, the ones under the Nazarite vow like the prophets Joseph, Samuel and Sansom, was motivated for the same reasons?

Genesis 49:26: "...blessings of the grain and flowers, blessings of the eternal mountains, bounty of the everlasting hills, may they descend on Joseph's head, on the crown of the one dedicated (= or consecrated, nazir) from among his brothers!"

Deuteronomy 33:16b: "May the hair grow thick on the head of Joseph, on the brow of the consecrated (nazir) one among his brothers!"

1 Samuel 1: 9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the Lord.

10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the Lord, and wept sore.

11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.

Judges 13:5,7
For, see, you shall conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.

Please check:

agapebiblestudy.com...

Finally, it seems from a description given by a contemporary of the prophet Muhammed that he also used in the climax of his prophet ministry long hair and beard:

Al-Bara' ibn 'Azib (ra) states:
"I have never seen someone with long hair and red clothing more handsome than Rasullullah (saas). His hair reached his shoulders."103

please check:
www.theprophetmuhammad.org...

Any comments you can bring to this thread? it seems an obsession with uniformity, social control or militant discipline in modern western civilization and even other civilizations around the world ( buddhist monks as well as Catholic ones of the latin rite shave their heads in spite that traditional representations of Buddha and Christ always depict them with a abundant mane) has imposed standards in hair dressing for men that are ruled by all possible criteria, but the one that favors the developing of powerful intuition.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 9/18/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Nice write up.

FWIW Ive always heard the Jesus with long hair was anachronistic, where contemporary jews(Especially Rabbis, which he was/referred to as - i.e. "Teacher") short hair was the norm, and long hair was considered unkempt.

More over, there is no mention of the length of his hair in the bible.

Of course Samson was a part of a sect that Jesus did not belong to, which avoided cutting or shaving.

More on that Jesus haircut

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Umm because cutting hair back then was not quite as easy as today?

Beyond that, short hair was a sign of lowly status in some Indo-European cultures! It was a sign of being more afluent if you could keep your hair clean.

Nothing mystical.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Well, all traditional depictions of Christ in the Eastern, Latin and Orthodox rites show him as a long haired and bearded man, starting with his eldest known portrait performed by the monks of St Katherine monastery in the Mount Sinai on the seventh Century AD and that it is believed preserve more ancient traditions among the first Christian communities existing in the Holy land.

please read:
Christ pantocrator encaustic portrait of Mount Sinai St Katherine monastery

As a proof that those traditions indeed preexisted that portrait, we have for instance a depiction of Christ in the Catacombe of Commotilla in Rome that shows him a long haired bearded ginger man.

Commdilla depiction of Jesus Christ from IV century

Some of the earliest depictions of Christ were evidently modeled after the way pagans used to represent visually pagan gods, we must recall that romans were among the ancient civilizations the ones obsessed with clean cut and shaved look.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's for getting laid. That's all. And it works!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Jesus didn't have long hair or a beard. He was very clearly described as being able to change his appearance and basically look like anybody, from and old man to a small child.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

If you're into guys!

ZING!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What about monks?

Hindus shave there heads for many reasons. www.boldsky.com...

Perhaps the ability to track was in the native because of the way he lived and not directly linked to the length of his hair?
Perhaps the short hair felt awkward and the native was just more comfortable with his natural length and thus able to track without distraction.

I was born with a great since of balance. I was 23 when my hair started falling out and was bald by the time I was 25. I didn't lose any of my awesome balancing skills. I just don't believe that a man is less because of how much or how little hair he has.

I have hairy legs and a hairy chest and stomach. Maybe a case could be made that those areas of hair make up for the loss of the hair on my head but i need more than one very old military study to decide that.

edit on 18-9-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The story of sampson isn't about his hair like most believe ether.
Remember at the end once sampson had his hair cut off we are told that he lost his strength.
But during his trial god gives his strength back to him and he pushes the support columns down killing everyone.
The story is about how he thought his power came from his hair (vanity) but how in the end he realized that all power comes from god. His hair didn't mater.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

He most likely had short hair to shoulder length and a thick beard. Hair any longer than shoulder length would have been woman's style back then. Shameful for a woman to have short and a man to have long. Nazerites maybe have looked at it differently though but I caner help but think or would have been kinda short.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Of course Not, Christ had a physical appearance determined by his genetic background as a human being, that made him unmistakable identifiable for his friends as well as for his enemies.

Think on this: who was going to trust into follow a person to death that you don't even identify? well his apostles, disciples and other martyrs did so.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

Absolutely absurd, a long or short hair distinctions among genders is not related with Judeo-Christian traditions but with Roman ones.

Who maybe you are trying to quote is Saul of Tarsus that was a Jewish born in Turkey and a Roman Citizen, so obviously ruled by customs that were not originally hebrew ones but acquired from the pagan world, the consequence of to have grown in contact with gentiles all his life.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Jesus didn't have long hair or a beard. He was very clearly described as being able to change his appearance and basically look like anybody, from and old man to a small child.

Oh dear, and just when I thought I've heard everything out of you.

Really? Seriously? Where, do tell, is this 'clearly described' other than in your fanciful imagination?

Oh wait, don't tell me, you must work for what? CNN?

peace

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

There is enough historic evidence that support that the shaving on the heads of the western Christianity monks, that is not the rule among Eastern, orthodox and coptic ones, is acquired of what were the uses and customs of the pagan priests among the Barbarian germanic tribes that were converted by the Roman Catholic church after the Sixth century AD.

A proof of that is the following genuine hebrew scripture that clearly forbid for Priests in Israel to shave or cut in round style their hair:

Leviticus 21:5
'They shall not make any baldness on their heads, nor shave off the edges of their beards, nor make any cuts in their flesh.

Deuteronomy 14:1
"You are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves nor shave your forehead for the sake of the dead.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

If you're into guys!

ZING!

Now that I think of it, I don't know any gay men with long hair.

Jesus from Walking Dead is the only instance I can think of.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Very interesting.. S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Really? Seriously? Where, do tell, is this 'clearly described' other than in your fanciful imagination?

Well, you could reference the Gnostic text of Pseudo-Cyril of Jerusalem. That goes into a lot of detail and explains why Judas had to kiss Jesus so the Roman soldiers could nab him. But if you won't believe anything unless it has been approved by the Church, then you could look at Luke 24:13–35. That also hints at this ability, although the Church needed to put a face on the guy, so they eliminated nearly all that "appearance shifting" stuff from the official Bible.

Otherwise, more symbolically, many scholars have written about the Logos, and suggested that the entire concept of Jesus is more like a way of perceiving something, and Jesus was a reflection of the viewer's predispositions.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think the natives experience has more to do with the fact that if you've had long hair for any length of time and then cut it off you can become very easily distracted by sensory overload. The slightest breeze is all you need, you can feel the wind curling around your head. You can also feel slight temperature fluctuation, humidity, the list goes on.

You have to bare in mind that under all of that hair the nerves on your head become overly sensitive much like the ones under your finger nails. It basically like loosing a nail but across the whole of your head.

Do you honestly not think your tracking skills would be affected if that happened to you?

Dead

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What about all my heavy metal heroes.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
What about all my heavy metal heroes.

Lemmy died for our sins.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join