It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi shouted down by protesters during DREAM Act conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (current House Minority Leader) holds a news conference about her support for the Dreamers.

And guess what happens.

She gets shouted out by people protesting !!

She and other Democrats were there to support Dreamers and the possible legislation in Congress.

The protesters were not anti-Dreamer, they were in favor of a full-clean Dream Act !!

Guess she can't fool everybody can she

They must know she's not really as "Democratic" as she appears to be.

Pelosi shouted down by protesters during DREAM Act conference

A protest erupted on Monday at a press conference held by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in San Francisco, according to local reports.

Pelosi was holding the conference with fellow California Democrats Reps. Barbara Lee and Jared Huffman to call for the passage of the DREAM Act, which would allow DACA recipients and other undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children to remain in the country.

The protesters who interrupted the conference were calling for a “clean” DREAM Act – one that didn’t make concessions to Republicans on border security.

At one point, some of the protesters called Pelosi a "liar," NBC News reported.

Some of the protesters held signs reading "Democrats are Deporters," according to CBS's San Francisco affiliate.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So much for free speech, eh?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No matter how much you give them it will NEVER be enough.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sounds like somebody got mixed up during the interpretation process. The protesters don't seem to know the difference between Pro dreamer and anti Dreamer.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The "Dream Act", that never really was, was very specific in exactly who was eligible. Criminals, for example people who used fake IDs to work, are not eligible. These protestors were not there to protect the "Dreamers", they want to expand the definition of "Dreamers" to include ALL undocumented immigrants.

That's NEVER going to happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thank you for that background information. The protesters are obviously idiots grasping at straws.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Near the end of the video...we're they chanting, Black Lives Matter?

Hopefully, this will be a wake up call to Dem Politicians. This is the chaos they nurtured and is no longer in their control!

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Hopefully, this will be a wake up call to Dem Politicians. This is the chaos they nurtured and is no longer in their control!

Yes we see this already happening on college campuses. Administrators and professors encouraged this cultural marxism, and now the very ideas they pushed are being used against them.

In the same way, democrats that pushed identity politics are now realizing that they too will be judged an oppressor based on the same mentality they pushed.

The only bright spot is that most rationale people are waking up to how insane these people are.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Nothing like your constituents moving the goal posts on you. Lol

I'm for helping the actual qualifying dreamers out with a path to legitimacy in exchange for actual support for more secured borders and increased enforcement. Not necessarily a wall but secure borders better than currently.

I'm not for blanket amnesty of all the other 11M to 13M illegals here. I'd even be for some hard path to Citizenship for them only if they pay the price for their illegal stay and use of our services. That means fines, back taxes due, clean record ect. To even discuss that portion, we would need as airtight of a border as possible (The Wall unless you have a better idea) and total Immigration Reform implemented with E-Verify actually used first before that so we never have 13M illegals in our country again.

Them's the basic terms in my book. You don't like them and are an illegal.......have fun getting deported. They dont get to make the rules.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The chances of Democrat candidates waking up in the next 20 years is slim at best.

They still have Hillary Clinton and other has-beens raising PAC money and making TV "infomercials".

Their entire "Leadership" structure is in complete turmoil and will be for at least 10 years.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Nothing like your constituents moving the goal posts on you. Lol

I'm for helping the actual qualifying dreamers out with a path to legitimacy in exchange for actual support for more secured borders and increased enforcement. Not necessarily a wall but secure borders better than currently.

I'm not for blanket amnesty of all the other 11M to 13M illegals here. I'd even be for some hard path to Citizenship for them only if they pay the price for their illegal stay and use of our services. That means fines, back taxes due, clean record ect. To even discuss that portion, we would need as airtight of a border as possible (The Wall unless you have a better idea) and total Immigration Reform implemented with E-Verify actually used first before that so we never have 13M illegals in our country again.

Them's the basic terms in my book. You don't like them and are an illegal.......have fun getting deported. They dont get to make the rules.

This is almost exactly what I suggest happen too, great post!

I would just add that incidents like this show that no matter how much of a reasonable compromise is put forward, there will be a group of people that consider anything short of totally open borders as evil or racist.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Pretty much with you on this !!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well, they weren't wrong, with their signs that said "Democrats are Deporters". Obama was called "The Deporter in Chief" he deported so many illegals.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Obama must have deported a lot of people in the darkness of night in boxcars. I don't recall many protests during his administration

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was watching it as it happened.
All I could think was how this damages more than helps their cause.

They walked in shouting, "Undocumented and unafraid, we are the immigrant immigration movement."

Think that through for a minute.
Undocumented (illegal immigrants, sort of)
and
unafraid (you can't touch us, anyway).

If these people become legal voting citizens, what type of activist groups will they form?
What type of policies will they advocate and protest for?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Obama signed the EO protecting Dreamers. He didn't deport people he promised to protect. So, very few protests around his deportations.

Trump, on the other hand, effectively ended Obama's Dreamer's protections, and has deported quite o few "innocent" Dreamers. People don't know what's coming for them, their family members, employees and friends, therefore, the protests.

But, it's hard to know who the professional provocateurs are and who are just "pie in the sky" protesters.

"What do we want?
World peace!
When do we want it?
NOW!"

Not going to happen!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The chances of Democrat candidates waking up in the next 20 years is slim at best.

They still have Hillary Clinton and other has-beens raising PAC money and making TV "infomercials".

Their entire "Leadership" structure is in complete turmoil and will be for at least 10 years.

To be fair, I was surprised Pelosi and Schummer met with Trump. I agree that no real noticeable change will be seen in the upcoming 2018 elections, but I believe more will come to their senses afterwards and facing the 2020 Elections. Simply my opinion, but the extremists on both sides are pushing the majority closer to center politically. Common sense says let's meet in the middle and unite the majority of Americans!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They are turning on their own?

Interesting, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

I wonder, if they continue to go after democrats this way, and perhaps not vote democrat, what use will these Dems have for them anymore?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

If Republicans don't repeal Obamacare Schumer and Pelosi will be the number one go-to people for president Trump, going forward.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
#DemsDeport

Supposedly censored on twitter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join