It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto. Breaking Story. Don’t Let This Go Unshared!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
How did you let this happen America? There are reasons your GM and chlorine bleached foods are banned for human consumption in the UK /EU.
Rise up and protest, there'd be riots here if we faced this, they can't even get away with test crops, I've helped destroy plenty myself over the years.
...I guess it's easier when our cops generally just carry crap sticks though.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That's ok.

We know how bad Monsanto is. We know how bad giant scale agriculture is.

But since Monsanto is not the only manufacturer of glyphosate products blaming them for the use of it is sort of a straw man argument, or at least a misdirection.

edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
a reply to: xuenchen

The "expert" answer is far from complete. Most of glyphosate is spread in to food chain via ordinary (not GM) wheat where is GLYPHOSATE USED AS DESICCANT FEW DAYS BEFORE HARVEST.

Do you mean that Glyphosate is sprayed on ordinary crops within a few days of harvesting? That should not be the right thing to do at all.
However, Monsanto has become too controversial, while in any case, if weeds are now losing their resistance to Glyphosate, I don't see the point that they prosecute on their patent being relevant any more than I see the product being relevant any more. That the WHO, in a very convoluted way now say the Glyphosate is, "probably Carcinogenic" should be enough for most to say no more...get it OTF.
The thing is, Cancer of any kind is a human horror, only tempered by years and years of research, although still a killer, but, there is nothing to say that Glyphosate effects on the body could not still kill people before any onset of a cancer in the body.
Anyway here's a video done a while ago in France about Monsanto...the chemical factory.

I worked in North Dakota for a few years and talked to many farmers. Seems like when its harvest time, a crew comes through the area and everything has to be ready to harvest at the time they are coming through. I suspect the entire north west is like this? Very large farms there. I've also talked with Wi farmers and none of the farmers I had talked to knew of this practice but they have much smaller farms and harvest themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I want to know when attempted murder charges will be filed?
Putting everyone's health at risk over money, insanity.
If this doesn't prove Corporations and Government are out of control nothing will.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They are still by far the largest manufacturer as far as i know and inventor.

And you should read the scientific American article. You may have a change of heart and realize it's not just the glyohosate but likely the whole cocktail.

As an engineer? My assumption of your knowlwdge, you should know chemicals that are mundane areally not always so when combined with other even mundane chemicals. In this case some of the other chemicals are worse than the active ingredient which may be easy to fix since they are solvents. But first some one has to admit it's a problem. They guy selling it probably isn't going to be the one to do it.
edit on 18-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

How did you let this happen America?

What?

European farmers feared losing the ability to use glyphosate herbicides, after European lawmakers nearly implemented a ban on its use.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You may have a change of heart and realize it's not just the glyohosate but likely the whole cocktail.
I know. I edited my post after you edited yours.

(post by whitehotrage removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Again. The studies that actually use the whole round up formula have different results. Which is why this should be worked out.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sure, all the various adjuvants used by all of the manufacturers should be studied.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It could be as simple as using different solvents.

“This clearly confirms that the [inert ingredients] in Roundup formulations are not inert,” wrote the study authors from France’s University of Caen. “Moreover, the proprietary mixtures available on the market could cause cell damage and even death [at the] residual levels” found on Roundup-treated crops, such as soybeans, alfalfa and corn, or lawns and gardens.

From the S.A. article.
edit on 18-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

One specific inert ingredient, polyethoxylated tallowamine, or POEA, was more deadly to human embryonic, placental and umbilical cord cells than the herbicide itself – a finding the researchers call “astonishing.”

www.scientificamerican.com...

I guess it's a good thing I store my roundup on a different shelf than my Embryo's???

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
a reply to: xuenchen

The "expert" answer is far from complete. Most of glyphosate is spread in to food chain via ordinary (not GM) wheat where is GLYPHOSATE USED AS DESICCANT FEW DAYS BEFORE HARVEST.

Do you mean that Glyphosate is sprayed on ordinary crops within a few days of harvesting? That should not be the right thing to do at all.

Yes, it is easier to plan harvest if you are sure when wheat is dry enough. It is probably used mainly in areas where is raining during July/August.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

A second pre-harvest option is an application of glyphosate at the hard dough stage. Research has shown that glyphosate applied with or without ammonium sulfate may hasten dry down of the wheat crop if conditions for dry down are adverse. With a pre-harvest interval of 7 days, a couple of days, at the most, may be gained. Since modern varieties allow for it, most wheat and barley is now straight cut instead of swathed. Table 1 summarizes advantages and disadvantages for each of these pre-harvest management options.

www.extension.umn.edu...

How long before harvest is the "hard dough" stage? Is that saying one week?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames
How did you let this happen America? There are reasons your GM and chlorine bleached foods are banned for human consumption in the UK /EU.
Rise up and protest, there'd be riots here if we faced this, they can't even get away with test crops, I've helped destroy plenty myself over the years.
...I guess it's easier when our cops generally just carry crap sticks though.

We have good teeth though..... because...fluoride...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

UK/EU uses glyphosates to clear fields prior to planting. US sprays the actual GM crops which have been created to be resistant to the chemicals. UK/EU does not allow GM crops to be grown for human consumption so our plants do not get sprayed with glyphosates.
There may be residual amounts in the soil but your crops are way more contaminated than ours.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Glyphosate is also used to a lesser extent as a pre-harvest treatment to facilitate better harvesting by regulating plant growth and ripening

ec.europa.eu...

I am not disputing that a lot of glyphosate is used in the US, by the way.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

On a wider issue it's a scandal what is allowed for human consumption in the US compared to UK/EU, even mc'd's are forced to cut their multitude of chemical additives here because it isn't deemed fit for people to eat.
I suspect post Brexit we'll be forced to accept some changes to facilitate a trade deal with the US but I guarantee we'll have labeling to be able to make an informed choice.

You guys don't even get that as far as everything I've read tells me. It is a disgrace and I'm surprised US citizens just accept it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
WOW!

This combined with flouridated water totally explains why the US of A are completely nuts!
Congratz on solving yet another world mystery!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Glyphosate is also used to a lesser extent as a pre-harvest treatment to facilitate better harvesting by regulating plant growth and ripening

ec.europa.eu...

I am not disputing that a lot of glyphosate is used in the US, by the way.

Aldo from that article.

Member States also voted in favour of amending the conditions of the existing approval of glyphosate in July 2016, adding further restrictions to ensure the highest safety standards for humans and the environment.

The Commission's decision established three conditions for further use of glyphosate in the Member States, as the actual decisions concerning the authorisation of plant protection products containing approved substances for use in their territories are the responsibility of Member States:

Ban a dangerous co-formulant called POE-tallowamine from glyphosate-based products
Minimise the use in public spaces, such as parks, public playgrounds and gardens
Scrutinise the pre-harvest use of glyphosate

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join