It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto. Breaking Story. Don’t Let This Go Unshared!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: jimmyx
it doesn't matter anymore.....all the government agencies that are suppose to protect us have been gutted by trump and the republicans who run the entire federal government......just look at the right-wingers here on ATS....if trump told them to eat cyanide-laced potato chips, they would if they heard that liberals told them not to......try to find local vendors and food businesses that have the least amount of exposure to these cancerous food additives.

Well how in the hell did the ungutted agencies of the Obama administration fail us then???

The wheat we are eating in snack foods now was most likely grown before Donald Trump was elected... when Obama was in office.

he had a democratic congress for just 2 years, the rest of his 6 years, republicans controlled all legislation in congress.....and during those 2 years they were busy trying to save us from "W"' and friends financial disaster......

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
As horrible as this sounds, I would think twice before linking a foodbabe website...

This is the same woman who went on a rant because she found airplane air to contain nitrogen! (that is part of the regular air in the atmosphere) and demanded to have 100% oxygen (that would cause you to black out).

Take it with a grain of salt

I hear what you're saying - but the facts are that crap is in the food.
Or do you think that's made up too?

Thanks -

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Incredible. This is unsettling at best.
I love Cheerios and Stacy's Pita Chips are one of my favorite snacks. They are the highest concentrations on the list.

How could a finding like this escape mainstream MSM ?

After seeing that, I was thinking , well back to Corn Flakes.... until I read that entry as well.

Time for a thorough check-up.

Thank you for the excellent heads-up, OP.
edit on 18-9-2017 by charlyv because: s

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Can glyohosate leave your body or is like some metals and can not really leave the body?

The small part in the food can be an issue if your body can not get rid of the toxin. If your ground water and food supply are full of the stuff and your neighbors all use it, is it possible it can accumulate over time?

I mean small steady amounts of lead from childhood to adulthood can take their tole. Both epa and fda have made some serious mistakes with poisons.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

How could a finding like this escape mainstream MSM ?
Because most of the samples don't get close to maximum residue standards. Maybe.

And because there has been no validation of the analysis. Perhaps.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I don't remember ANY lawsuits against the EPA regulating this; perhaps because they did not?
Blame lies with Barak Obama, Lisa Jackson and Gina McCarthy.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is increasing concern that most current published research findings are false.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Science Publication Is Hopelessly Compromised, Say Journal Editors

www.acsh.org...

Definitely very real reason to question science studies and conflicts of interest. Like when a Monsanto rep is the one telling you its safe.
edit on 18-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Here ya go,
"GMO Inside source

It was 2013.
Surprised that I remembered, really.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Oh jeez.

The food babe.

Wasn't there a scandal with her recently?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Canada does not, anymore.

That's not really the point is it, I'm surprised at that cavalier attitude when there is so much controversy about the subject. If monkeys can die from the like of Dioxin doses in the nanograms per kilo of bodyweight, I think people are right to say hang on a bit, let's get this sorted properly...governments don't always do...properly, they hide better.

In edit, After checking, Canada has in fact added Glyphosate as a Carcinogen since July this year.

oehha.ca.gov...
edit on 18-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That's not really the point is it, I'm surprised at that cavalier attitude when there is so much controversy about the subject.

What's not the point? You said Canada classes glyphosate as a carcinogen. It doesn't.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Do you misunderstand the concept? The herbicide is sprayed on product. If you grow you own product without it being sprayed, you poisoning is far less, maybe not at all (depends upon the local environment of ground, air, water, etc.).

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: redpills

Unilever is actually a Dutch / English company.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your thread along with others dont seem to get the attention they should . I made this thread Cynthia , Flesh Eating Synthetic Bacteria That Has Gone Wild . www.abovetopsecret.com... Not sure if its in my thread but I remember reading a piece that showed that Monsanto also hired a professional team of shills to discredit and negative pieces about them ... Bump to the OP lets see it make front page ...F&S

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Modern agriculture relies on a mixture of one or more variants of:

- Herbicides - Kill weeds. e.g. Glyphosate; 2, 4D; and Dicamba. Glyphosate (Round-Up) is systemic, meaning that it is taken up by the plant. Plants that are "Round-Up Ready" have been genetically modified to be immune to glyphosate, which is why it's sprayed indiscriminately on just about everything.

- Insecticides - Kill insects, beneficial (bees) and non-beneficial (aphids, etc.) alike. Neonicontinoids (so named because they are derived from nicotine) are the most popular insecticides because they are absorbed by plant tissues, killing insects that bite into the fruit or leaves. Seed corn is often treated with a neonicontinoid before planting so the emerging seedling is protected. Imidacloprid is a liquid form and clothianidin is the powdered or solid form of these nicotine-based compounds. Coincidentally, Advantage or Advantix drops to control fleas on dogs is mostly Imidacloprid.

- Fungicides - Extend shelf-life. These are applied to keep fruits and vegetables appearing fresh for longer period of time. If the cherries you purchased are still edible after two weeks in the fridge, they have been treated with a fungicide by Bayer, Dow Chemical or other agriculture chemical manufacturer.

These, and more, are applied to fruits and vegetables that are consumed by people and livestock, and made into processed foods.

Even organics are treated with compounds like sulfur (it's natural!) and soaps.

edit on 18-9-2017 by icanteven because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2017 by icanteven because: added some additional context

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The small part in the food can be an issue if your body can not get rid of the toxin. If your ground water and food supply are full of the stuff and your neighbors all use it, is it possible it can accumulate over time?

If it bind permanently with an enzyme (Irreversible antagonist), it depend of the turnover rate of that enzyme.

Glyphosate molecules are built around a Phosphonate group. Phosphonates are commonly used as inhibitors of enzymes which utilize phosphates and diphosphates as substrates. Most notably, these enzymes include those that produce the intermediates of cholesterol biosynthesis.

Basically, nobody know what constant exposure at very low dose will result...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

Or they won't tell you because it would destroy a revanu stream. Much like the pharmaceutical industry that releases unreliable drugs to recoup research costs for the share holders.

How about the ionized metals and inert ingredients as well as any mixing with other preservative or pest control, or even environmental conditions?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The "expert" answer is far from complete. Most of glyphosate is spread in to food chain via ordinary (not GM) wheat where is GLYPHOSATE USED AS DESICCANT FEW DAYS BEFORE HARVEST.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join