It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says Sanctions will Accelerate Nuclear programme

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: odzeandennz

Youd have to be insane to own nukes to begin with. Therefore they're all nuts. There's more than enough proof of that.

like owning the second largest stockpile of nukes insane?
there's more than enough proof yet not one provided, it's all conjecture...

what has NK done to America is still the question,
why can't they pursue a missile defense system when other countries are "showing force near their borders"
what treaties are they part of and are breaking.?

you're all gunning for war but
no answers to these questions yet.

that's true insanity. it's not NK at all WWIII aficionados should consider....
edit on 19-9-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You can get up to speed here on the armistice and everything NK has done to violate it

As far as what they've done to the US, their repeated threats to nuke us might be cause for alarm.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You can get up to speed here on the armistice and everything NK has done to violate it

As far as what they've done to the US, their repeated threats to nuke us might be cause for alarm.

It is absolutely cause for alarm. I think President Trump's threat to "totally destroy" North Korea in the UNGA didn't help in that respect either.

He (Trump) is clearly gambling that tough talk will turn the tide here, but history and even recent history has shown that this will not work. I honestly don't see a path forward to avoiding military conflict there at the moment; something drastic would have to happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I see why you may think that. I'm not sure that's really his strategy. In my opinion, I think he believes nothing short of military action is going to fix this, and in the hopes that he's wrong he wants everyone to know he's dead serious about using it if it comes to that. Otherwise you might as well just attack now and forget any further diplomatic measures. All these years of saying we won't stand for a nuclear North Korea while standing by and doing nothing while they nuclearize has damaged our credibility, at the fault of both parties. I think he's trying to make NK and China understand that it's in their best interest for Kim to denuclearize because we're not #ing kidding this time. The big question is whether they'll believe him. I hope they do.
edit on 19 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Rocket Man (Kim Jong) is on a suicide mission. Hopefully, he will be only 1 of a few killed. We have the means. But do we have the will?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Oh I agree, I definitely do not think that is his strategy. I merely find it almost unavoidable at this point. Unless there is some clear signal from the pentagon that there will be no military confrontation, I think because of the words back and forth it will cement in Jong Un's mind that the US is out to annihilate NK and thus he would believe, gives rise to what he has proclaimed all along. Which would only heighten his ambitions.

edit on 19-9-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
REAL simple ,yet horrible math, here.
You allow the war to continue with the ceasefire broken by enemy nukes or you stop him now.
REAL WORLD will MAKE things cut and dry,"how it feels" won't help you now.
I very much doubt any north Korean unit will get off a third artillery volley.
I wonder how long the air will smell like cordite?

Oh cmon now you know better than that, the only reason kim is still there and in control of his country is because he has developed nuclear weapons.

We both know the U.S only prey on weak states that cannot overtly protect themselves, and little KIm knows damn well his only saving grace are those big bad bombs.

You have it backwards the reason hes still in control was he was contained. He couldnt threaten his neighbors enough to warrant the casualties that it would cause to remove him. Now hower hes ramping up his threat level with the ability to kill millions on a global scale means hes become to big a threat to to many civilians. Had he not continued down this path he could have continued to rule his kingdom.

I disagree, obviously.

Any country that cannot defend itself with WMD is a soft target and have been invaded and raped already. Iran and Nth Korea are the last 2 countries on the list to be invaded and both are nuclear...I see a pattern there....

Generals give recomendations based on threat levels. For example Iraq became an issue when he became hostile to his neighbors. A war within a country is ignored when it effects your neighbors it becomes a problem. Same with NK internally no one cares what he does to is people. The moment he becomes athreat externally then actions are taken.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ever heard of LUXEMBOURG?
You seem to think YOU HAVE some AUTHORITY or knowledge ...WHY?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

They appear to march forward no matter what is said. Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump have all struck completely different tones on the issue and it hasn't seemed to change anything. If we're prepared to live with a nuclear North Korea, then it's all just talk anyway. If not, the only way I can see us avoiding having to strike is if China realizes we seriously will and aren't just bluffing like the last few administrations were and China deals with him somehow. Whether they reign him in or replace him I don't care, but I would much rather they deal with him. If I were China I would make a deal with the US that they pledge not to invade and I would oust him myself and replace him with someone that would cause less headaches for everyone.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

We won't EVER do that.
ONLY unification, so we can LEAVE,under SOUTHERN command COMPLETELY.
WE HAVE PAID enough already for that place.
END IT NOW.
edit on 19-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That would be the "if I could have my cake and eat it too" solution.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

We can.
We have the technology...we can REBUILD them...once the commies are done that is.
WE want mineral contracts...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's what the media sells us and I think it rubbish, anyhow we will have to agree to disagree .

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Ever heard of LUXEMBOURG?
You seem to think YOU HAVE some AUTHORITY or knowledge ...WHY?

Yes indeed, I have even been there when I was youngster .

The place is a very rich little part of the world, as it acts as a tax haven for the elites and giant corporations.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

YES and their military during REFORGER 85,was a few companies with subguns.
So your THEORY has modifiers, complications and BUTS ,MINE have only 1 problem: the arithmetic of the devil.
How best kill least.
WHATEVER politics say that is the final verdict...unless we are talking about nukes in a ceasefire.
I's redundant all the B/S about their capabilities, we can EMP in selected targets with missiles now, not KILL the nut jobs..but THEY might kill KIM for being irreparably kicked back a few decades.
THEN all artillery emplacements,EVERY ONE with a surgical hit...buttoned in every time they jump via SATELLITE.
DEAD North Korean artillery crews.
While our navy sweeps their subs and navy for target practice,unless the surrender.
The army can only field guys with guns now,possibly millions,but NOT ALL AT ONCE ...first they have to traverse THEIR OWN MINES ,then ours.not REALLY a good sneak attack there...AND it's not just an Infantry division any more ,its 1st CAV armor,with eventual cohort units? ..well the ones in the know will get it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

They literally have thousands of artillery emplacements. We can't launch thousands of air/missile strikes at the same time, so we would have to systematically take them out over a period of hours. That's a long time they'll have to decimate Seoul. So it's not quite as simple as you think. The only way to launch such a quick strike that they'd have no opportunity to do devastating damage to SK by the time we were finished is probably with tactical nuclear weapons, which I doubt we will use.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I still say define LAST USE weapons and they'll pick one no ones seen.
What EXACTLY are say it it takes to kill a cannon anyway?
WHY do you think 13000 is insurmountable?
THEY can't HIDE anything above ground or it already has a reticle on it as prescribed by the last iterations of attack strategies ,modified should they move.NOT that much will HAPPEN after the initial EMP assault.
If we see it dies and things have changed since Obama.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I'd be happy to respond to that if you could re-write it in a coherent manner.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No need I know.
I don't think YOU are aware of an MLRS grid square removal apparently.I was present at a launch AND surveyed the impact (It is mentally damaging I can WELL assure you ,THEY'LL RUN.)in use...NOT really that shook up about it.
Ever SEEN a million dollar minute?
A10 rake a wide swath or hear of scorched earth?
PFFT good OL DPICM is old HAT and THAT would have worked as well NOW we have thermobarics.
RAIL guns ,waiting to be field tested and LASERS, most we don't KNOW about ...
Do you see?
If MY LANGUAGE is confusing, TOO bad, I get JUMPED for clarifications.
AND the point is clear.
edit on 20-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You're missing the point. Yes we have lots of cool tech and we can take out all the artillery. But we don't have the capability to do it INSTANTLY. You aren't just going to blink and we hit all of those thousands of positions all at once and they're all gone before any of them can fire back. It will take time to progressively go through all the targets and eliminate them all, and in the meantime they will be launching at South Korea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join