It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says Sanctions will Accelerate Nuclear programme

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
No great surprise really but North Korea have hit out following the latest round of UN sanctions with a warning to the international community on the pointlessness of their favourite tool.

"The increased moves of the US and its vassal forces to impose sanctions and pressure on the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea] will only increase our pace towards the ultimate completion of the state nuclear force."

With America and South Korea currently conducting yet more exercises in the region the statement puts more pressure on the Trump administration to either put up or shut up.

In a phone call on Monday, Mr Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping discussed the situation on the Korean peninsula, with the Chinese leader saying that both countries shared extensive common interests, Chinese official news agency Xinhua reports.

Earlier, the US military carried out an aerial military drill with South Korea near the border between the Koreas, the defence ministry in Seoul said.
The drill was to "demonstrate the deterrence capability of the US-South Korea alliance against North Korea's nuclear and missile threats", it added.

Defence Minister Song Young-moo told a parliamentary hearing that the exercises were being conducted "two to three times a month these days", Reuters news agency reports.

Separately, China and Russia began a joint naval exercise east of the Korean peninsula but it is unclear if it is linked to current tensions in the region.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The clock's ticking and time to find a peaceful resolution to the situation seems to be ebbing away , the direction of travel is drawing us ever closer to the inevitable.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
China is the only one that can resolve this situation peacefully.
They hate the Japanese.
They hate Americans.

Unfortunately I don't think China really cares what happens.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The stage is set. The weapons emplaced. The trigger for the false flag event is coming.

What ever will it be?

More WMD?
Check

More Evil Dictators?
Check

More Regime Change and Intervention?

Check Check

People it seems are more dumbed down than ever. But need endless demonization and false pretense more than ever.

The same old "Why we Fight" song and dance can't possibly work forever, can it?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They hate the Japanese.
They hate Americans.

News Flash: This isn't about Korea, its about further containment and isolation of China and Russia.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sadly enough, it does still work. I see no end in sight. The tactics and propaganda may change from time to time but the song remains the same.

The greedy war machine has a monstrous appetite for more more more.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just another predictable war rumour. The elite want this planet for themselves without having to wear radioactive hazard suits 24/7.

Same goes for the EMP lie. The globalists want sunny beaches; not radioactive green slime invading the shores and eating them up. EMP USA and every nuclear power station goes Fukushima.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: intrptr

Sadly enough, it does still work. I see no end in sight. The tactics and propaganda may change from time to time but the song remains the same.

The greedy war machine has a monstrous appetite for more more more.

The msm job is to expose that and pressure the white house in what they used to call open press conferences. The used to be called "the Press" for just that reason.

Then our elected representatives are supposed to rise up and resist legislation and even Filibuster to stop the passage of bills that fund more undeclared war.

The president is supposed to veto defense spending bills back.

Sadly gubment is derailed, the state is owned and operated by the military and factories for war, the msm leads the charge.

The president well, he's in lala land.

Did I say I agree with you?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

I have a friend who lives in Japan , he's an English teacher and has genuine concerns for his family and country at the moment , the threat of war is very real for those close to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It just seems that Trump is playing right into the game Kimmy set up. "look, I have a bigger pecker", No, I do!

We won't strike first if "we" know what's best, and he won't strike first as it would mean the end in a quick, fashion. So it seems the best thing to do here is ignore the little # and make him beg for attention. Keep the scope on him with the trigger pulled 60%, only needing that tiny extra squeeze to send the lead his way.

I can't help but think, if some of the North Koreans have found an education of what the world really is, and realize that overthrowing that little #er would be a wonderful thing and move them into the 21st century as another regular country.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

what has NK done to the US exactly?

or why, what treaty are they breaking by pursuing a nuclear defense system,
who dictates who can have a missile defense system exactly?
how many countries has NK bombed, or disrupted a government or how many rebels has NK armed or the number of countries invaded in the last 50 years...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Trump thought he could bully Kim with big ships and harsh words which showed his lack of understanding of the situation , you're right he has played into the young dictators hands and got himself stuck in a tight corner.

The threat to Mr Kim won't come from the people but from the higher ups , they have more to lose in this high stakes game.
Mr Kim has already purged those he felt were a threat to his leadership but faced with destruction other threats could emerge , although the repercussions of plotting against the regime have already been well demonstrated.

We can but hope.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The only way this will all end is war.

Kim and his regime cannot exist forever.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The stage is set. The weapons emplaced. The trigger for the false flag event is coming.

What ever will it be?

More WMD?
Check

More Evil Dictators?
Check

Check Check

People it seems are more dumbed down than ever. But need endless demonization and false pretense more than ever.

We're still missing the "chemical weapons on his own people" and "killing babies in hospitals" elements. When you get those two, invasion is less than two months away.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

They hate the Japanese.
They hate Americans.

But China has to care what happens. If it isn't careful it's going to have American influence and military creep right up to the Chinese and Russian border. You'd think Russia would need to act even more than the Chinese, I mean there's a real chance there is going to be Yanks overlooking Vladivostok very soon if China and Russia don't act.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: intrptr

What ever will it be?

More WMD?
Check

More Evil Dictators?
Check

Check Check

We're still missing the "chemical weapons on his own people" and "killing babies in hospitals" elements. When you get those two, invasion is less than two months away.

Can't convict him of being Islamic Xtremist, can we?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
China and Russia have both states they will not allow war on their borders and there is nothing the U.S. can do about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It just seems that Trump is playing right into the game Kimmy set up. "look, I have a bigger pecker", No, I do!

We won't strike first if "we" know what's best, and he won't strike first as it would mean the end in a quick, fashion. So it seems the best thing to do here is ignore the little # and make him beg for attention. Keep the scope on him with the trigger pulled 60%, only needing that tiny extra squeeze to send the lead his way.

I can't help but think, if some of the North Koreans have found an education of what the world really is, and realize that overthrowing that little #er would be a wonderful thing and move them into the 21st century as another regular country.

Given their proximity between China and South Korea, their attention to detail and organization, they could easily become the next Hong Kong or Singapore.

But George Bush Snr promised that "under the new world order, it will no longer be the law of the jungle that governs nations", and every country that was on the Axis of Evil got bombed back to the stone age. So North Korea sees that
as their future unless they have nukes.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

NK doesn't have massive oil reserves, or any other commodities we need, so I would suspect they would be left alone if they wanted to, but the rhetoric that emanates from them says they want attention, and lots of it. I'm still at a loss as to why.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: stormcell

NK doesn't have massive oil reserves, or any other commodities we need, so I would suspect they would be left alone if they wanted to, but the rhetoric that emanates from them says they want attention, and lots of it. I'm still at a loss as to why.

They were born out of World War II and the Cold War. They invaded South Korea and were pushed back in the Korean War. So I think they still have that cold war paranoia that they are going to be invaded. So they figure having nukes makes them a world superpower like India, Pakistan and China.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

They hate the Japanese.
They hate Americans.

China absolutely cares what happens for a variety of reasons...

They don't want additional U.S forces projecting power in the region. They don't want more installations with increased radar coverage peering into their country (THAAD etc). They don't want the humanitarian crisis of tens of thousands of NK citizens fleeing and rushing their border if a conflict occurs. They surely don't enjoy the possibility of potential radioactive fallout from NK testing drifting over into their country. I doubt they want to lose the nice buffer that NK places between them and western countries. You could go on and on.

Now what China is doing about the situation, if anything, is debatable. I think it's already been shown that China has sidestepped trade sanctions with NK in the past, and imho probably still does to some extent.

I think they enjoy Kim poking the U.S and it's allies to a certain extent, but I also feel that NK may be pushing it a bit in their eyes. They surely don't like the additional exercises and presence in the sphere of influence.

My thought is one of the keys to get NK in line is to put more pressure on China to actually act, if that's possible. Like everything else about this issue, it gets complicated quickly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join