It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-hating Emmy Awards were the lowest-rated ever.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Emmys are like a whole bunch of Hollywood types sitting in their big dollar clothes thinking their shat don't stink, all the while with looks on their faces like their smelling shat from the celebrity to their left or right......A GINORMOUS waste of ones time.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
The Emmys were on?

Damned if I know. I was busy watching the Falcons put a beating on the Pack.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Meh, the Emmys...nothing but a narcissistic circle jerk

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
People still watch the Emmys?

Who knew......

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Darn! I missed the Emmys. Now I'll never know who won the Emmy for the Best Musical Score in a commercial featuring a new drug with fatal side effects. I was really hoping Toujeo would win that one. I love how the music stops right after death is listed as a side effect, then the music starts back up like it's no big deal.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I was really hoping Toujeo would win that one. I love how the music stops right after death is listed as a side effect, then the music starts back up like it's no big deal.

Oh, stop, a little death never hurt anyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Krakatoa
And the constantly rising ticket and concession prices to attend a game (of any professional sport) is also a contributing factor. It is almost to the point of needing to take out a loan to bring your family to a baseball game these days. If they can get control of that aspect, then attendance would increase. I used to go to baseball games at least 1/2 dozen times a year. Now, with all the associated costs, it would be surprising if I attended one per year.

True. I had Yankees season tickets from 1996 to 2012. In that time they went from $12 a seat to $75 and the only reason they were not much higher were that my former 5th row field box seats got moved 4 sections over in the new stadium, otherwise they would have been $150 a ticket beginning in 2009.

All the major sports have shot themselves in the foot, the handwriting is on the wall and I don't think the attendance drop trend is reversible.

Sadly very true, I agree. You see it everywhere, they don't care about bums on seats in stadiums anymore, because most of the money comes from the tv deals. So who cares if sporting events are playing out in front of empty stadiums!

Formula 1 is particularly bad for it, half the races take place in venues with all the atmosphere of a parking lot at midnight.

But again, yeah, none of this has anything to do with Trump.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
Meh, the Emmys...nothing but a narcissistic circle jerk

You got that right. I live a few miles from where they host the emmys and golden globes. They literally shutdown major thoroughfares through the city. Force every citizen to have 2 hour delays in traffic going home so celebutards in limos can attend some show. The city spends millions placating these celebrities for the night and then turn around and tell the citizens the cities too broke to do anything to address their problems. Then they have the nerve to errect billboards all over the city asking us for our emmy consideration. Who the hell arethose billboards for? Oh yeah. The .00001 percent of the cities population who actually can vote for the emmys. Then these heros of the people after spending in pure indulgence the average persons entire yearly wage on 5 hours of ass kising and self congratulations. The same aholes after telling us what we should think and feel go back to their overly aggressive security details and walled compounds and disregard the public. And they expect the public to turn a blind eye to that and eat up their every word? Considering an actor has literally done nothing real their entire life except play dressup and be a well paid pampered wannabe.

Yeah its a bit insulting. The people are waking up at this farce. It offends them. Thats why people are sick of this crap and tuning out. Got nothing to do with trump.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Sadly very true, I agree. You see it everywhere, they don't care about bums on seats in stadiums anymore, because most of the money comes from the tv deals. So who cares if sporting events are playing out in front of empty stadiums!

Considering the Yankees franchise wasn't valued as much as their TV network I completely agree.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Unless someone was psychic and knew in advance that it was going to be so humiliating for trump then the content wasn't what kept ridership down. They couldn't possible have known and decided not to watch. I think the awards shows in general are losing popularity. Too many other choices.
But according to this somehow people knew in advance and decided not to tune in.
What a laugh.
Who writes for Breitbart? A second grader?
This is so stupid it's not even funny.

But Sean Spicer on Melissa McCarthys mobile podium was very very funny.

He states this is the biggest crowd in person and around the world EVER to view the Emmy awards.
Come on...you believe Spicey don't you?

Well then I must be psychic, because that's exactly why I didn't bother watching any of it. The trash Hollyweird spews is as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow. Personally I'm sick of hearing the rhetoric, especially coming from the same people and industry that make TV shows and films that promotes hate and violence. People are not as ignorant as you seem to think they are sillyo. Doesn't take a Genie to see into their never-ending flood of drivel and when they'll release it. I used to like to wind down at night watching a late night talk show, something I can no longer stomach. I really miss Johnny Carson, he would have never went along with this BS.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

These are Hollywood liberal elites, patting themselves on the back, clapping like trained seals for each other. They are disingenuous multi-millionaires, most of who threatened to leave the country if Trump was elected. I'm still waiting.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: caterpillage
The Emmys were on?

Damned if I know. I was busy watching the Falcons put a beating on the Pack.

Steelers fan here but man, those falcons got to be the favorite to win it all so far. They looked impressive against a good team.

On topic, I do think although there are many factors, people not wanting politics inserted into their entertainment is one reason that awards shows and sports viewership is down.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
People seem to be reacting angrily to Spicer trolling Trump.

Suddenly all the cave-dwelling "never watch tv or media or celebrities, I just live off the land" weirdos come out the darkness to post.

Sad lives really, can't allow themselves to enjoy anything that would be considered mainstream.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Did you honestly have to be a psychic to figure out a Stephen Colbert hosted Emmys wouldn't be a Trump bash? Damm now all I need is to predict the Powerball..........

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You know when Dr. Doom misses the Emmys, it's serious.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

THAT...is truly CLASSIC!!!

Truer words hath never been spoken! MSM to a "T"!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

This is exactly the reason that NFL viewing (and attendance) fell so badly last year.

Professional sports attendance has fallen for three straight years for a variety of reasons but it is mainly attributed to people not wanting to watch the entire game and getting updates on their phones. MLB and the NFL are both in trouble on their long term viability.

I like to think of it as coming back to reality. I'm sure the players would love ever more obscene contracts but if there are no big TV deals......salaries plummet. Owners aren't stupid.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
I like to think of it as coming back to reality. I'm sure the players would love ever more obscene contracts but if there are no big TV deals......salaries plummet. Owners aren't stupid.

It's kind of difficult to put that salary/profit genie back in the bottle.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The title illogically tries to relate anti trump attitudes with a loss of ratings. Total nonsense and more a reflection of desperation on your part. The emmy ratings were dropping for years long before Trump came on the scene.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

They ignored the incredible mindblowing final season of The Leftovers and the first fantastic season of Westworld and that alone proves the jury is just full of idiots who don't appreciate real talent. No Emmy for the magnificent Carrie Coon? GTFO! She stole my heart since her first appearance in The Leftovers and saved the third season of Fargo for me. Well and MEW of course.

The only thing i could agree with was the prize for San Junipero because that episode of Black Mirror was really good.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join