It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-hating Emmy Awards were the lowest-rated ever.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I think that everything being political started the slide. People just want to be entertained and forget the world's issues.

This is exactly the reason that NFL viewing (and attendance) fell so badly last year. Football is entertainment. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of prima donna players disrespect the national anthem. If they keep it up this year, watch as viewership falls off again.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
A lot of bitter sad people in this thread.

Even more at the Emmys themselves. Millionaires who "feel" your pain.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: pavil

With the division of the right I hardly think Trump has 175 mil supporters. Subtract 100 mil and you'd be closer.

ETA: There is 70 mil(20%) that are between the ages of 0-14:

en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty sure very few even think about politics.

It was easy math for people. The country is realtively split 50/50 idealogy. Of you want to maximize your profit, you appeal to the biggest audience possible. Even Hollywood understands that.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

And, how many of those they insulted, on national TV, will now not go to see them in their million dollar movies? Is it any wonder the ticket sales at the theater are sliding even further down than before the cost of the home theater became possible to all those deplorables (who vote and pay money to be entertained by them more than those rich snoots).

Yeah, great business plan there.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Unless someone was psychic and knew in advance that it was going to be so humiliating for trump then the content wasn't what kept ridership down. They couldn't possible have known and decided not to watch. I think the awards shows in general are losing popularity. Too many other choices.
But according to this somehow people knew in advance and decided not to tune in.
What a laugh.
Who writes for Breitbart? A second grader?
This is so stupid it's not even funny.

But Sean Spicer on Melissa McCarthys mobile podium was very very funny.

He states this is the biggest crowd in person and around the world EVER to view the Emmy awards.
Come on...you believe Spicey don't you?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You only wish half the nation was his base.
It's about thirty percent of the voting public.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
guess they dont realize that same attitude got trump elected... and if they keep going, it will again in 2020
edit on 18-9-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The Emmys were on?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Wow. So no tv? No Netflix no YouTube?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The decline may have started in 2015 pre-Trump, but the same reasons its down are the same that got Trump elected

What? What in the world are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
guess they dont realize that same attitude got trump elected... and if they keep going, it will again in 2020

the arrogance won't let them realize it. They will double down before they recognize the real problem. You can see it in the posts. Not a clue.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I'm a fan of Colbert and think he is a very talented comedian, but his opening act was so cringe worthy. The message in his song was actually relevant, but the song itself was terrible..

Spicer was a nice touch though.

Changed the channel after the first commercial break, I can't stand watching these shows anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

And to top it off....it seems many of the shows that won these golden idols have content that celebrates lying, cheating, manipulation to advance your own position, and other lovely morally corrupt concepts.

Yeah, and some wonder why the character of this country is so messed up. Because the ones making the images that reach into most peoples homes are extolling the virtues of behavior once considered bad and not to be followed.

SMH.

( NOTE: And I am an agnostic that is saying this!!! Who would have ever guessed, LOL )

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

This is exactly the reason that NFL viewing (and attendance) fell so badly last year.

Professional sports attendance has fallen for three straight years for a variety of reasons but it is mainly attributed to people not wanting to watch the entire game and getting updates on their phones. MLB and the NFL are both in trouble on their long term viability.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Butterfinger

The decline may have started in 2015 pre-Trump, but the same reasons its down are the same that got Trump elected

What? What in the world are you talking about?

Self righteous condescension and hypocrisy was noticed and affected people in the US who then fomented on it all, then showed their opinion by vote and ratings.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

This is exactly the reason that NFL viewing (and attendance) fell so badly last year.

Professional sports attendance has fallen for three straight years for a variety of reasons but it is mainly attributed to people not wanting to watch the entire game and getting updates on their phones. MLB and the NFL are both in trouble on their long term viability.

And the constantly rising ticket and concession prices to attend a game (of any professional sport) is also a contributing factor. It is almost to the point of needing to take out a loan to bring your family to a baseball game these days. If they can get control of that aspect, then attendance would increase. I used to go to baseball games at least 1/2 dozen times a year. Now, with all the associated costs, it would be surprising if I attended one per year.

For me, cost is the #1 factor.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
A lot of bitter sad people in this thread.

So youre right at home then. lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
And the constantly rising ticket and concession prices to attend a game (of any professional sport) is also a contributing factor. It is almost to the point of needing to take out a loan to bring your family to a baseball game these days. If they can get control of that aspect, then attendance would increase. I used to go to baseball games at least 1/2 dozen times a year. Now, with all the associated costs, it would be surprising if I attended one per year.

True. I had Yankees season tickets from 1996 to 2012. In that time they went from $12 a seat to $75 and the only reason they were not much higher were that my former 5th row field box seats got moved 4 sections over in the new stadium, otherwise they would have been $150 a ticket beginning in 2009.

All the major sports have shot themselves in the foot, the handwriting is on the wall and I don't think the attendance drop trend is reversible.

edit on 18-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
All that really matters here is that Alec Baldwin has won an Emmy for his work in television, and Donald Trump didn't.

No awards matter,

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Who wants to watch rich limousine liberals pat each other on the back and give each other golden statues?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join