It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it's gone..it's gone....Trump merchandise being flogged for a Quid in UK Poundland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Poundland in the UK has been left with a surplus of Trump merchandise which was bought in for his UK visit that has now been postponed following concerns regarding less than huge crowd size......or maybe a large unfavourable crowd.

The merchandise includes ' MAGA ' hats, little bobble head trumps, giant red ties and even faux bricks for the wall. The retail company are now trying to come up with some creative marketing strategies to offload the stock. It is being sold off of the Halloween decor and jokes aisles. The company has also started a hashtag to generate consumer interest. #Poundlanddumpstrump

quote ;

Poundland Trading Director, Barry Williams said: “We are asking for our customers help. The range was created ahead of his UK visit, but given this is not happening now, we reckon the only way to sell the products is to encourage shoppers to come up with unusual ways to use it. The range is also perfect for Halloween. Just wait until you see the Donald Trump masks, they’re probably the scariest things we’ve ever sold.”

Poundland is a cut price retail outlet, an equivalent to Dollar General / Dollar Store type outlets. It seems their shoppers are not too happy that Trump Merch is being stocked..and in true POTUS style have taken to twitter to complain.

From Twitter users / Poundland customers ;

Dear @Poundland why on earth are you stocking Donald Trump trash?

But it's not with the Halloween range at all. Why you'd want to promote a sexist racist is beyond me.

yo @Poundland wanna explain why this #e is in your Lincoln shop?

@Poundland are you joking????????? Please tell me this is for halloween?

Who's up next in your racist/sexist/ableist/transphobic demagogue range, @poundland?

Seems you can buy a MAGA hat for a quid in the UK, official trump merchandise has them for $25....maybe a business opportunity for an aspiring apprentice....ebay?

mirror
sun
guardian

So... who all wants to get dressed up as DJ Trump for Halloween ?

edit on 18/9/17 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/9/17 by cosmickat because: fixed it

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

I can guarentee that trump will be the most popular Halloween costume for ATLEAST the next 4 years..

I would bet far longer.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Marketing plan:

For those who aren't satisfied with their youtube videos:
Here's your chance for a re-take!

Poundland in the UK has been left with a surplus of Trump merchandise

ETA

Disclaimers: I had no idea that the youtube was a slam against White Nationalism. I was only showing that former Trump supporters have a use for those hats.
edit on 18-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Thanks for the info , getting a bobble head trump tomorrow if they're in stock in my local Poundland.
It's gotta be worth a quid for my own little Trump.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

at that price..why wouldn't you?

I think I will buy one for every one of my family's xmas stockings this year

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Pick me up an extra one for Kali and Ante.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
last year..my son in law gifted me a roll of Trump loo roll for xmas..has his face on every sheet.

edit to add...Trump's face !!! not my son in law's !! hahaha that would be weird !
edit on 18/9/17 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Haha brilliant!
I'm gonna nip to poundland tomorrow and grab me a mini trump or MAGA hat if they have them in my area.
Cool unusual hat for working outside, maybe an extra bonus of offending a sensitive liberal type or two lol

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No problem mate, happy to splash out a fiver for quality merchandise.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't know about Halloween, but I reckon there are plenty of people who would get a kick out of getting hold of a Trump doll or dressing up a stuffed toy as Trump, and putting them on the bonfire for Guy Fawkes night. Burning fascist, cold beer, and hot food?

Sounds like a good night out.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

my first thought was...ahhh cool !! voodoo dolls. But hey that's me..drawn to the dark side.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well, I'm broke and don't get out much but whatever's in my wallet next time I'm near that shop is going on a goody bag.

I'm sure I could customise a hat to M GB G A.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Bawahahahahah....I must get one..and stick pins into it!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Pick me up an extra one for Kali and Ante.

Ahem??

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm getting the Trump bobble head and putting it in my garden for my dog's new marking spot!!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I got some MAGA hats from china for $2 each. MChinaGA one hat at a time. Trumps ironically are probably made in china as well? Would love a bobble head Trump though.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tompdx3

gotta say.. loving the novel purposes for a bobble head trump

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The retail company are now trying to come up with some creative marketing strategies to offload the stock.

Have a carnival, throw tennis balls-- or better yet, have a shooting gallery where the lil Trump bobble heads parade in front a bunch of idiots with guns.

If you knock trump down you 'win' . Proceeds go to the campaign to reelect Blair.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
a reply to: Tompdx3

gotta say.. loving the novel purposes for a bobble head trump

I have a nice pair of ceramic boble head muslims in the study, my Mohamed in black robes and Aisha in a burqa. And a plastc bobble Jesus on the dashboard of the Jeep. One time the police pulled me over driving and before giving me a fine looked at the dashboard and commented "Jesus aint going to save you know".

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Proceeds go to the campaign to reelect Blair.

Eh what?! Not many people want that war criminal re-elected in the UK...I'd rather have Trump as PM than that weasel.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join