It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice to Trump Lawyers - Keep Your Voices Down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Trumps attorneys Ty Cobb and John Dowd were having lunch at a steakhouse located near the White House. Do you know what else is directly next door to the restaurant? The New York Times’ Washington bureau.

Reporter Kenneth Vogal just so happened to be sitting within earshot of the two attorneys and was able to overhear what was discussed. Details of their conversation were recorded and the Times’ ran the story this morning.

(Newser) – The New York Times has a front-page story Monday detailing the friction among attorneys on President Trump's legal team over how fully to cooperate with Robert Mueller's Russia investigation. Also interesting, however, is how the newspaper got the scoop: It seems that reporter Kenneth Vogel went to lunch at a steakhouse in DC and happened to sit near Trump attorneys Ty Cobb and John Dowd. (Vogel even tweeted a photo of the two men.)

During lunch, Cobb and Dowd talked casually, and loudly, about the investigation and in particular about their frustration with White House counsel Donald McGahn. (Cobb is a high-powered outside attorney brought in to manage the White House response to the Mueller investigation.) The steakhouse is close to the White House and also happens to be next door to the Times' Washington bureau, notes the Washington Post.

Source

This must be pretty embarrassing for Trump and his attorneys, but for you and I, it gives us a glimpse into the conflict between those involved with the investigation. Cobb wants to hand over any and all data even remotely related to Russia, whereas White House council McGhan does not.

The short version is that Cobb wants to quickly turn over all documents even remotely connected to the Russia investigation to Mueller, in order to get the matter resolved, while McGhan is pushing for a more cautious approach. "The White House counsel’s office is being very conservative with this stuff," Cobb told Dowd at the lunch. "Our view is we’re not hiding anything."

He also referred to a unnamed colleague he viewed as a "McGhan spy" and to somebody he blamed for leaks to the media who had "tried to push Jared out." More cryptically, he said McGhan "had a couple documents locked in a safe" that Cobb apparently wanted. The Times story adds that Cobb got chewed out by McGhan and Trump chief of staff John Kelly when the newspaper called to ask about Cobb's loud lunch comments.

I'm not sure, but it doesn't look like Trump's attorneys are too worried about Russia. The bigger problem that I see and what others have pointed out is the disjointed way that the investigation is being handled. That goes for Mueller as well.

The MSM is having a field day with this!

edit on 18-9-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Haha, suckerrrs. You think those attorneys didn't know they were talking loudly in a public restaurant right next to a News office?

Oh wait, no recording...

Fake News ! Fake News!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That White House chap, McGhan, should be fired out of a cannon. Into a tar pit... on fire.

Cautious? The hell with that. I mean, what is he trying to do here? Stop Trumps people from implicating him in something that could get him impeached?? Clueless bloody oaf!

Heres the thing McGhan...

If there is data in there which could be damaging to the Presidency of Donald Trump, it should be known by the authorities, whether to his detriment or not. It is not the White House legal teams job to protect the President from his own bloody idiocy. It is their job to protect the OFFICE of the President from the idiocy of whomsoever occupies that role, and sometimes the best way to do that, is to let the bastard hang himself.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We know trump did it from the emails saying that he did it lol...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It sure sounds like Trump is and was being honest with his rendition of all things "Russia". I sure hope that when this is all over, a really good hard look is done on all those who thought spending the time and resources on this was a good idea and a good fiscal move.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Trumps a loudmouth blowhard which is all the proof to know he didn't collude with the Russians. His attorneys aren't discreet and his WH staff are leaky fawcets. He's a security liability and Intelligence nightmare not a traitor.

"Russia please hack Hillary!" He can't help blurting # out and tweeting. No filters whatsoever.

The investigation is a dog and pony show. A fishing trip. Dems are praying for links and they can dream on. Just like Hillary blew it by being Hillary, Trump will crash by being Trump and STILL be popular with his loyal base. So Hollywood and unbelievable! ! !

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Im willing to eat crow....but until the crow is served, all I can do is shake my head at the boondoggle. Its not as bad as the BS 'investigation' into Clinton and his private time shenanigans. But its 100% conflated, based on everything that has been made available.

When i consider that we are almost into the 10th month of his presidency, it makes me incredulous to think there could be anything really there. If there is, the investigators are negligent for allowing a traitor to sit in office for almost a quarter of his term.

Like i said...ill eat crow if its ever served. I just don't think it will be.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have no misgivings about his business dealings not being scrupulous or him not being a great person, but he doesn't seem very good at keeping secrets and telling everything he knows, so it would be hard to believe he could keep all the Russian connections secret as well. He's kind of an open book, and while it's a bit frightening, it's also refreshing. (in the context of Washington insiders)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"just happened to be sitting" LMAO! You're going to pretend they don't have reporters stalking those guys?
edit on 18-9-2017 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Trump: Frightening, yet refreshing.

Sounds like a good 2020 slogan. LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

He's as unpopular as a bad fart in hell. But you're right about it being refreshing to have an open politician. The rest should take notes and be less arrogant.

It'll be back to business soon enough with tight lipped bull#ters back in the Oval Office.

Vote Kid Rock 2020

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump: Frightening, yet refreshing.

Sounds like a good 2020 slogan. LOL

you laugh now, by then, it could win. Specially if Hilldog decides she still deserved that job.

The message? "Sure I'm an ass, but at least I'm not her". -Winning.
edit on 18-9-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

He's as unpopular as a bad fart in hell. But you're right about it being refreshing to have an open politician. The rest should take notes and be less arrogant.

It'll be back to business soon enough with tight lipped bull#ters back in the Oval Office.

Vote Kid Rock 2020

I'm still holding out hope for Duane Johnson to run. Perhaps he could take Kid Rock as his Veep. "The Rock, and Kid Rock. together again, for "Merica! We have the notoriety to get it done."

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm still holding out hope for Duane Johnson to run. Perhaps he could take Kid Rock as his Veep. "The Rock, and Kid Rock. together again, for "Merica! We have the notoriety to get it done."

Along with Undertaker as Secretary of Defense, Stone Cold as Speaker of the House, and John Cena as Press Secretary. LOL!

Oooooh, lawdy

J

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah... not buying it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

Along with Undertaker as Secretary of Defense, Stone Cold as Speaker of the House, and John Cena as Press Secretary. LOL!

Oooooh, lawdy

J

a cabinet that could literally kick ass and take names. I like it. But where would DDP fit into all this?
And we would need to bring in Ted Debiosy as sec of Treasury.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Yeah... not buying it.

Roz from night court.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: intrptr

We know trump did it from the emails saying that he did it lol...

www.nytimes.com...

Now you push the NY Times? They are also the MSM, they are complicit promoting whatever fake news.

I presumed there was no recording made of this conversation. So you avoid it too. Interesting enough considering the 'reporter' had the presence of mind to snap a photo... probably with a cell camera, probably with a record feature, ya thimk?

Why didn't he also record this loud conversation?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It said the convo was recorded....isnt it illegal to secretely record someone, and then publish it? Or am i not understanding.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
It said the convo was recorded....isnt it illegal to secretely record someone, and then publish it? Or am i not understanding.

(portion redacted), the media can't wait to plaster actual whistleblowers names world wide.

They have to state it was recorded, it supports the false narrative.

The court of public opinion no longer requires actual forensics, they haven't for a lonnng time.
edit on 18-9-2017 by intrptr because: redaction

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join