It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathew 6:22-23

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Interesting quote from the bible.

Linky linky link.

Matthew 6:22-23English Standard Version (ESV) 22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, 23 but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

The eye is the lamp of the body, so if my eye is healthy, my whole body will be full of light.

Wow.

I can only assume Jesus was talking about the third eye and illumination. Not sure how to take this passage into account. This kind of reminds me of the parable of the Jedi Knight and the Sith Lord.

Fear is the path to the darkside.

- Yoda

Luke 11:34

34Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your vision is clear, your whole body also is full of light. But when it is poor, your body is full of darkness.

edit on 17-9-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Intriguing thought. There are a few places in the new testament that have made me raise an eyebrow...I cant remember where but during baptisms at some river people clammored asking Jesus if he was Elijah come again...he said no...he is , pointing towards John the Baptist.
Always seemed like reincarnation was being recognized.

Been a long long time since I opened that book, so if some one accusses me of being a fool, it may be accurate.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense to a Gnostic.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

It makes perfect sense to a Gnostic.

Well that makes sense. I've been sitting here scratching my head thinking:

Maybe they didn't understand anatomy and physiology back then. Maybe they thought the eye channels light into the body as a guiding force. A blind person falls into pits because there is no light force to swerve his body away from the pit.

Now someone with a "bad" eye sees negative light, not dark, but dark dark. That dark dark infuses his body as a dark force and causes his body to swerve into pits; much worse than merely not swerving away from pits.

When people see someone swerving into pits they say, "That guy has the evil eye, get away, nothing good will come of being around him."
edit on 17-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't think it's about anything so esoteric.

It's about perception, clear perception without influence from outside or internal (conditioned thinking).

I guess that could be considered a form of transcendence. Transendence of conditioned slavery/ ability to meet every new experience with the pure eye/perception of a child.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

www.desiringgod.org...

Don’t lay up treasures on earth, but lay up treasures in heaven. Show that your heart is fixed on the value that God is for you in Christ. Make sure that your eye is good not bad. That is, make sure that you see heavenly treasure as infinitely more precious than earthly material treasure. When your eye sees things this way, you are full of light. And if you don’t see things this way, even the light you think you see (the glitz and flash and skin and muscle of this world) is all darkness. You are sleepwalking through life. You are serving money as a slave without even knowing it, because it has lulled you to sleep. Far better is to be swayed by the truth—the infinite value of God.

So if you are emotionally drawn more by material things than by Christ, pray that God would give you a good eye and awaken you from the blindness of “the bad eye.”

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It is about having a "clear view" of the difference between good and bad. Your life will be full of light if you have that clear understanding of the difference, and full of darkness without it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
It is about having a "clear view" of the difference between good and bad. Your life will be full of light if you have that clear understanding of the difference, and full of darkness without it.

Yes, I think that what I choose to focus on and to look at, both literally and metaphorically, is an indication of my inner conscious and unconscious state.

We are influenced by what we see and by what we hear. Christ was very specific about that. He is a mighty hard Teacher though. I find it impossible to live up to him. Sometimes I have even given up trying because it is too hard. The older I get the clearer I see that this Dude was not like other men. He is more than human. There is no man could have said what He said and did what He did in so short a time.

Respect to that Dude from Nazareth!

edit on 18-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Yes, I think that what I choose to focus on and to look at, both literally and metaphorically, is an indication of my inner conscious and unconscious state.

We are influenced by what we see and by what we hear. Christ was very specific about that. He is a mighty hard Teacher though. I find it impossible to live up to him. Sometimes I have even given up trying because it is too hard. The older I get the clearer I see that this Dude was not like other men. He is more than human. There is no man could have said what He said and did what He did in so short a time.

Respect to that Dude from Nazareth!

That is why he will be judging you (ALL OF US). He has been given the authority by his Father, God, and has the keys to heaven and hell.

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.........right now...

He is no longer a teacher but now a ruler.
edit on 18-9-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You must first clear all your chakras before your third eye will open up to the avatar state:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What is it that reveals the light you see? Your eye(s), that's why it is called the lamp of the body. When your eye is healthy it will be full of light which means to recognize that the light you see is that of God, if your eye is unhealthy it is full of darkness which means that you walk through life never recognizing God's light which is right in front of you.

God is light, the eye is the lamp of the body, the image of light created by your eyes is the image of God, what we are created in.

It really is a great passage from the bible but many attribute the light Jesus speaks of to a light we cannot yet see. That is untrue, we are God's expression of light through the image of light that we see.
edit on 9/18/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In ancient Aramaic, the translation reads like this...
Mattai 6:22,23:
"The beacon of the body is the eye; if your eye is thus pure your whole body is bright. 23. " But if your eye is wicked, your whole body is in darkness. If your light is thus murky, how much more your Darkness!
edit on Sep1730q000000229 by mytquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

that video is amazing

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
In ancient Aramaic, the translation reads like this...
Mattai 6:22,23:
"The beacon of the body is the eye; if your eye is thus pure your whole body is bright. 23. " But if your eye is wicked, your whole body is in darkness. If your light is thus murky, how much more your Darkness!

where can I get more of those

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

One’s eye is, figuratively, a “lamp.” Jesus said: “The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is simple [sincere; all one way; in focus; generous], your whole body will be bright; but if your eye is wicked, your whole body will be dark.” (Mt 6:22, 23, ftn) The eye is like a lamp, because with it the body can walk about without stumbling and without bumping into anything. Jesus, of course, had in mind ‘the eyes of the heart’ (Eph 1:18), as his words in the context show.

Source: Lamp: Insight, Volume 2

Matthew 6:19-24 (NWT)

19 “Stop storing up for yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is focused,* [Or “clear.” Lit., “simple.”] your whole body will be bright.* [Or “full of light.”] 23 But if your eye is envious,* [Lit., “bad; wicked.”] your whole body will be dark. If the light that is in you is really darkness, how great that darkness is!

24 “No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches.

Ephesians 1:18

18 He has enlightened the eyes of your heart, so that you may know to what hope he called you, what glorious riches he holds as an inheritance for the holy ones,

...“Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven.” We can do this by putting God’s service first in life. Nobody can take away our good standing with God or its reward of everlasting life. So true are Jesus’ words: “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” ...
Emphasizing this point, Jesus gives an illustration: “The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is focused, your whole body will be bright. But if your eye is envious, your whole body will be dark.” ...
When our eye functions properly, it is like a lighted lamp to our body. But to be such, our eye must be focused on one thing; otherwise, we could develop a mistaken estimate of life. Focusing on material possessions instead of on serving God would mean that our “whole body will be dark,” perhaps drawn to what is shady or dark.

Jesus then gives a powerful example: “No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches.” ...

Source: The Famous Sermon on the Mount

...(Matthew 6:22, 23) By these words, Jesus was impressing upon us the power of the eye, figuratively speaking, to incite thoughts, feelings, and actions. Good thoughts illuminate one’s life; bad thoughts darken it.

Source: Wisdom for the Eye: Awake!—2012

Safeguard Your Heart

The eye that is simple is focused on a single goal, or purpose, not being distracted or sidetracked from it. Indeed, our eye should be focused on “seeking first the kingdom and [God’s] righteousness.” (Matthew 6:33)

Not religious philosophies about 3rd eyes (that are profitable for some).
Science and the Bible Helped Me Find the Meaning of Life: Awake!—2005

My Search Takes Me to India

My study of physics gave me a deeper grasp of the natural laws of the universe. I had hoped that science would ultimately reveal to me what life is all about. However, my search for the meaning of life went beyond physics. In 1991, I traveled with a group to India to learn Oriental meditation. What a wonderful experience to see the country and its people firsthand! But I was aghast at the contrast between rich and poor.

Near the city of Pune, for instance, we visited a guru who claimed that cultivating the correct meditation techniques could help someone to become rich. We meditated as a group each morning. The guru also sold medications at high prices. He clearly earned a handsome living; his lifestyle suggested as much. We also saw monks who appeared to be living in poverty, in contrast with the guru. I wondered, ‘Why didn’t meditation also make them rich?’ My trip to India seemed to pose as many questions as it answered.

One of the souvenirs I brought back from India was a meditation bell. I was told that when struck properly, the bell gave off a musical tone that would help me to meditate correctly. Back in Germany I purchased a horoscope drawn up by someone who claimed to be able to foresee my future. But practicing meditation did not reveal to me anything about life. I discovered to my disappointment that a horoscope is just a worthless piece of paper. So my questions about the meaning of life remained.

I Found Answers in the Bible

Life took an unexpected turn in 1993. I had completed my study and research and was in the process of writing my doctoral thesis on quantum physics. To meet the deadline, I worked almost day and night, to the neglect of everything else. Suddenly one afternoon there was a knock at the door. I opened to find two women.

Current events-The End of False Religion is imminent!

edit on 19-9-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

where can I get more of those

Pe#ta New Testament
Auto censor messing up the link. (pes.hitta without the .)
edit on 19-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

join