It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farm aid 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It was held in Pittsburgh last night. I was there, it was epic.

I am redneckish, my friends are liberals, we met hippies from San diego, we partied with people from all over with all backgrounds and of all ages.

And everyone got along and had a great time.

Willie Nelson was amazing as was mellencamp. The performances of the night for me was Willie's son and his band promise of the real, and an absolute soul stirring performance by Neil young.

Perhaps the best all around show I have ever been to, and for a good cause to help farmers.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I watched a bit streaming on youtube. Good stuff!

Nice to hear the crowd was diverse and got along.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Music knows no boundaries and is the only universal language understood by all.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I watched some live streams as well. My favorite was a performance by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds. Dave unveiled a new song too.

This is a great cause and I'm not surprised everyone got along, no matter the beliefs and backgrounds. Music has a way of bringing us all together.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

I watched a bit streaming on youtube. Good stuff!

Nice to hear the crowd was diverse and got along.

Some good crowd stories.

Rockabilly guy in front of me had great dance moves. He takes his shirt of for a moment to pour some water, and has a little bit of a gut. Crowd boos as he puts shirt back on so he removes it and dances shirtless to big cheers!

Older ladies beside me tell me that I don't have to worry if it gets chilly out because as menopausal ladies they radiate heat they will share with me.

I saw farmers in overalls partying with hippies with signs about migrant workers. The performers were not partisan and instead talked of the importance of all farmers and coming together.

It was an inspiring and great time.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I watched some live streams as well. My favorite was a performance by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds. Dave unveiled a new song too.

This is a great cause and I'm not surprised everyone got along, no matter the beliefs and backgrounds. Music has a way of bringing us all together.

I had never seen Dave and Tim live. They were great.

Tims skill on the acoustic is surreal.

top topics

join