It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University president apologizes for hosting black students in his home with cotton decorations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Cotton, the fabric of our lives*

* Not available in areas visited by snowflakes.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
I guess I would simply put anybody during that visit that was allegedly offended on blast if they were wearing cotton t-shirt or pants, which I am most certain all of them were wearing to an extent, even if only %30-%40 cotton.

Hypocrites I tells ya!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
here's what kills me about the current social climate: you can't even describe how these people act without offending someone.
can't call 'em tw@ts or pussays, can't call them ret@rded, can't call them nutjobs, can't call them lil bishes, can't call them uneducated fools...

cuz somebody will blow a gasket because they identify with the terms.

I guess we can still call them turds though. only the smallest minority of folks enjoy actual turds enough to defend the offense.
oh wait...turds are brown.

so yeah, the greatest threat to our society is not being able to identify the quality of our society's current behavior.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

I just reported your screen name as being racist.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I read about this elsewhere. Apparently, the students invited to dinner were all black and in addition to the cotton stalk centerpieces, they made some attempt at serving soul food.

The night before it was Hispanic students over for dinner and they served tacos. Apparently, from what I read, the cotton stalk centerpieces were not featured at the previous night's dinner. So, yeah.

Sounds like a myopic attempt at some bizarre theme dinner that was intended to be inclusive some how but was really just a terrible fail?

"Oh look black students! We have cotton stalks and collard greens to make you feel at home! We really get you! Later we'll paint our faces black so you won't feel excluded."

Ugh. Why am I even discussing this? How is this news worthy?
edit on 2017-9-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The night before it was Hispanic students over for dinner and they served tacos.

Should've served them taco salads from Trump Tower. I recall hearing tales of their gustatory magnificence.

Check your PM's BTW.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I think there's a story on the internet about a liberal clipping their toenails too short - maybe you could do a thread on that one too. There might have been a little blood involved. Whoo hoo!

Does it bother you that your ideology spawns idiots?

link   

How 'bout leaving the small Christian college's private actions to themselves, nosey nellie. Nobody rioted, nobody got exploded, nobody ran anyone over with a car. Seems to me like both parties were nice about it, and it was no big deal. This is about as worthy of a thread as a liberal's toenail clippings.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The night before it was Hispanic students over for dinner and they served tacos.

Should've served them taco salads from Trump Tower. I recall hearing tales of their gustatory magnificence.

Roasted armadillo.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Is that a thing? I thought those creatures had leprosy.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

I just reported your screen name as being racist.

Sounds bi-cotton. You can only half way report it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Sounds bi-cotton. You can only half way report it.

ATS. Always filled with logic and stuff.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Seems to me like both parties were nice about it, and it was no big deal.

Were nice about it?

If the president does nothing he risks bad press at the least and demonstrations/riots at the worse. The president has seen the news how the most precious college students react when their little feelers are hurt.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

Is that a thing? I thought those creatures had leprosy.

They're too stupid for leprosy to hurt them.

But yes, it's a thing.

(post by skunkape23 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I read about this elsewhere. Apparently, the students invited to dinner were all black and in addition to the cotton stalk centerpieces, they made some attempt at serving soul food.

The night before it was Hispanic students over for dinner and they served tacos. Apparently, from what I read, the cotton stalk centerpieces were not featured at the previous night's dinner. So, yeah.

Sounds like a myopic attempt at some bizarre theme dinner that was intended to be inclusive some how but was really just a terrible fail?

"Oh look black students! We have cotton stalks and collard greens to make you feel at home! We really get you! Later we'll paint our faces black so you won't feel excluded."

For dessert they served grape soda, Fritos, and watermelon.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

How 'bout leaving the small Christian college's private actions to themselves, nosey nellie. Nobody rioted, nobody got exploded, nobody ran anyone over with a car. Seems to me like both parties were nice about it, and it was no big deal. This is about as worthy of a thread as a liberal's toenail clippings.

Yet you find this thread worthy enough to keep posting replies.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lip combing is an offensive practice in my religion.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Because of the hysterics of short-sighted folks like yourself who have fostered the PC culture without thinking about the end results of never-ending "offensives." You have quite a track record of threads making mountains out of mole hills and painted with a very broad brush yourself.
edit on 17-9-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No, does it bother you with your ideology spawning racists?

edit on 17-9-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join