It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force reservists being activated for Korea and mysterious fighter jets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
WELL, my .02 "IF" there as to be a showdown in the region, you would not know as someone telling someone something that you caught wind of would not be an option.

Unfortunately this simply isn't true. Some people just don't understand their obligation to keep their mouth shut. It's even worse in this day and age with all the social media. It's a new take on an old problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Nice, I spent time all over the Cav, mostly FA and a stint in BDE HQ as PSD NCOIC and ops....

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

you say:

A test pilot and an engineer from Lockheed.

Sounds to me like just two of the cadre of 'Leakers' the military is deliberately sending out to spread a cloud of rumor & speculation...a ploy to confuse North Korea & the rocket-man himself

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lookin4hoooo

WE were happy for that VULCAN track loan...as our 1st gate guard...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

With all the satellite technology and photo surveillance, social media and threads here would lag what the other side knows anyway.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Unfortunately that's not always the case. Satellites aren't magic. There's lots of things they can't tell you, that you could find out from an irresponsible social media post from the wrong person.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: HunkaHunka

They're are plenty of Russian aircraft in our skies. The US military probably has dozens of different Russian aircraft in operation as well as Russian military aircraft in the private sector...

Hell I remember two SU-27 being for sale in the US fully functional several years back.

We had Russain Soldiers in Training on USA Soil! and American Soldiers in Russain occupied Soil Training ..

you can check that # up on Google ....

Same with Military Equipment ... Air Craft Vehicals ..

US, Russian soldiers train together in Colorado
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

A company of troops for familiarization is common all the time, for foreign troops,NO HEAVY influx of Russians, so they can't annex Colorado Springs...think we could out drink 'em anyway...
edit on 21-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

There are hundreds of foreign troops in the US on a more or less permanent basis. And hundreds more that visit for short term exercises. It's been going on for years.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Right, what idiot relays private conversations about troop deployments! So not cool!!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Considering someone recently shared a post that was put in a military family/dependant group about what is and isn't acceptable to post online, I'd say quite a few people.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Every deployment we would be told do not say or post pictures or you will be punished... every deployment we had 2-3 people punished for talking about it or posting pictures.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Only 2-3? Damn, you guys were disciplined.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That was my reaction too. It's a bigger problem than I think most people realize. Most of the time it's innocuous but you just never know how our adversaries can piece things together. It's best to error on the side of caution. Your Facebook friends have no need to know about anything you're doing.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There are hundreds of foreign troops in the US on a more or less permanent basis. And hundreds more that visit for short term exercises. It's been going on for years.

Im Not Arguing that ,

just a Poster saying he is seeing Russian Aircraft ( Fighters ) in American Skies

well. it not that Uncommon

and Speaking of Which ,
of Course there Foreign Soldiers abroad on American Soil!

Hell , I Had been with Foreign Soldiers Training Within Our Platoon
in Boot Camp MCRD Parris Island NC in 1990 , at the Start of Desert Storm ..
Japan , South Korea , Trinidad, Dominic Republic, Ecuador, even Turkey,
Basically its like How Foreign Exchange Students Learning Our Ways ..
Some were in Infantry Course Training AKA School of Infantry..

but when you see Our Once Adversaries On American Soil Training
or Soldiers from Countries that America ( USA ) has Tensions with !

I Would Consider that : a Problem Breech

it been going on for decades you Mean ,

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The Red Hats at Groom Lake maintain a fleet of Russian aircraft. They use them for both exploitation missions, and to develop tactics against them. They've maintained them since the 80s. In 1984, Lt. Gen. Robert Bond was killed in a MiG-23 crash in Nevada. A few years ago, there was also a private company that bought two Su-27s and brought them to the US, before they disappeared into the black world.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The Red Hats at Groom Lake maintain a fleet of Russian aircraft. They use them for both exploitation missions, and to develop tactics against them. They've maintained them since the 80s. In 1984, Lt. Gen. Robert Bond was killed in a MiG-23 crash in Nevada. A few years ago, there was also a private company that bought two Su-27s and brought them to the US, before they disappeared into the black world.

you Mean Red Eagles

Ive seen a 2 Books about it

America's Secret MiG Squadron: The Red Eagles of Project CONSTANT PEG (General Aviation) Hardcover – August 7, 2012
by Gaillard R. Peck Jr
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1506299258&sr=1-1&keywords=secret+mig+squadr on

and this one

Red Eagles: America’s Secret MiGs (General Aviation) Hardcover – January 24, 2012
by Steve Davies
www.amazon.com...

didn't buy them but i looked through them too know..

makes you think were Craig Thomas. got his Idea for his book
Fire Fox .

you seen these books right ??

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No, I mean the Red Hats. The Red Eagles were the 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron. They were rumored to have stood down in 1990 and ended flight operations in 1988. The Red Hats are the 6513th Test Squadron. The two are actually quite different. The Red Eagles were in charge of tactical evaluations, the Red Hats are in charge of technical evaluations.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

No, I mean the Red Hats. The Red Eagles were the 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron. They were rumored to have stood down in 1990 and ended flight operations in 1988. The Red Hats are the 6513th Test Squadron. The two are actually quite different. The Red Eagles were in charge of tactical evaluations, the Red Hats are in charge of technical evaluations.

Ok gotcha thanks ,

Understand now ...

There Were 2 Squadrons with a differnt Purpose ..

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluesma

New information came to light that the F-35s in these shots were carrying live AIM-120s in the weapons bays, along with the bombs they dropped.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join