It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby is racist for having a display of cotton

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: evc1shop

Ha!
I take it you didn't see the chains they have, sold by the foot so you can get just enough.

No, I didn't. Those evil ropes triggered me to the point where I ran across the parking lot and kicked in a nail salon's front window.

You owe me for a new pedicure.

You scared the crap out of poor Kim as she was scraping my cuticles.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Soooo... let's get this straight. The very sight of cotton triggers people? Hmm. Umm. Well. I'm searching for a witty, clever anecdote, but this is TOO stupid. Moving on.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

The most interesting aspect of Cotton Bacon, which I also use, is the warning on the back of the packet that says, "Not actual bacon, do not ingest".... I mean REALLY? Did that really need to be said?

I say take all the warnings off everything and let the problem sort itself out.... Natural selection served us well for thousands of years... It works... Let it work....

PA

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I guess next up on the hit list is to begin erasing any historic mention of Cotton Mather. Not only is he named cotton, but look at his hair...it even looks like cotton.....OMG !!!

As one of the most influential Puritan ministers of his day, he was involved in the persecution at the Salem Witch Trials too.....OMG !!!

Cotton Mather (b.1663 - d.1728)

In regard to the Salem witch trials, however, it was Mather's interest in the craft and actions of Satan that won him an audience with the most powerful figures involved in the trial proceedings, several of the judges and the local ministers in Salem. Before the outbreak of accusations in Salem Village, Mather had already published his account, Remarkable Providences (1684), describing in detail he possession of the children of the Goodwin family of Boston. Mather actually took the eldest of the children, 13-year-old Martha, into his home to make a more intense study of the phenomenon. Later scholars have suggested that this book in fact outlined the symptoms of clinical hysteria. It was this same hysteria that provided the behavioral model for the circle of "afflicted" girls during the trials in Salem. Mather, however, used his experience with Goodwins to further his notion that New England was in fact a battleground with Satan.

edit on 9/19/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Thank God I'm 57 and will be dead, hopefully, within a few years, before this country completely goes to hell, thanks to these snowflakes. The generation of 18-25 year olds are the biggest bunch of wusses ever. They wouldn't know a real tragedy if it smacked them in the face with a two-by-four.

"Hobby Lobby’s ‘offensive’ decoration has gone bonkers viral — 33k Facebook reactions and counting"

Daniell Rider, a Hobby Lobby consumer, found a decoration at one of their stores so offensive, she shared the image on Facebook requesting that they remove the decor from their shelves. What was it? Rider on Thursday shared a photo of a shelf with glass bottles containing what appear to be replicas of raw cotton plants.

She captioned the photo, “This decor is WRONG on SO many levels. There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves.” “A little sensitivity goes a long way,” she added. “PLEASE REMOVE THIS ‘decor.'”

www.theblaze.com...

a reply to: UnBreakable

Meanwhile Back in the 1940s

PICK A BALE OF COTTON BY LEADBELLY
www.youtube.com...

So I guess its ok for this

Black man named
Huddie William Ledbetter
en.wikipedia.org...

Too Sing it ~

Gonna jump down
Turn around
Pick a bale of cotton
Gonna jump down
Turn around
Pick a bale a day
Gonna jump down
Turn around
Pick a bale of cotton
Gonna jump down
Turn around
Pick a bale a day
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale of cotton
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale a day
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale of cotton
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale a day
I said
Me and my buddy gonna pick a bale of cotton
Now
Me and my buddy gonna pick a bale a day
I said
Me and my buddy gonna pick a bale of cotton
Now
Me and my buddy gonna pick a bale a day
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale of cotton
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale a day
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale of cotton
Oh, lordy
Pick a bale a day
Gonna jump down
Turn around
Pick a bale of cotton
Gonna jump down
Turn around
Pick a bale a day

But when a White MAn !

Like Johny CASH sings it !

its Dam Racist!! Right

Johnny Cash - Pick a bale of cotton
www.youtube.com...

All though His First Wife Vivian Liberto

claims/Rumors too be a Quadroon or 1/8 Black
( Never Seen a Italian English looking Black )
all though she may have had Black MOOR Descendants
and had 4 children with her
which are all Gorgeous... btw

Still Johnny Cash : Sung the Song

of the Blues Legend , Lead Belly
which a lot of Leadbelly song were from
Old Cadence Field & Rail Road Works Songs.
From Slaves too Prisoners,

Its American History

DARK as it is ..

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Thank God I'm 57 and will be dead, hopefully, within a few years

First off-- What the hell are you doing to yourself where you plan on dying by 60.

I smoke two packs of Lucky Strikes and drink a fifth of JD per day.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

First off-- What the hell are you doing to yourself where you plan on dying by 60.

My dad was a JD guy before he quit. I remember it at the breakfast table.

I had a father-in-law the same age as you and same exact habits. Except he opted for rum and cokes. His cellar was lined with gallon jugs of the cheapest rum he could buy at Costco.

He was a "I am going to live how I like and die how I want" kind of guy.

First his lung collapsed at 60. Trouble breathing in the shower and didn't know why, they got it going again, but it collapsed a couple more times in the following year if I recall. Then his liver went..and they don't give livers to active alcoholics. That took maybe 6 to 8 months for him to die. It was effen horrific. Without a liver, everything you eat and drink literally poisons you. He bloated up, was throwing up all the time and died a slow death over months. Spent his last month with Hospice visits in his easy chair, immobile and delirious. I dragged that chair to the curb after he passed. Horrible scent.

His wife was a wreck and I didn't know what to tell his grandkids.

He had this defiant fantasy of living his way and dying fast and happy. But honestly he just couldn't quit drinking and he went out suffering horribly over a long period of time and he very much wanted a do-over before he died.

Take care of yourself now. Please.

No one deserves to live or die that way.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Laughing so hard right now. I hope precious little Daniell doesn't wear jeans! Or cotton t-shirts! Or basically probably 50% of manufactured clothing.

The stupidity of these people, white-knighting for causes that are meaningless.

Someone needs to stop those racist farmers from planting cotton. I mean, seriously. This is serious stuff. /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Interesting to see this thread grow more and more with people being triggered by a Facebook post. People post pictures of their dinners on Facebook all the time. Why give them any credibility?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It's all in fun, you gotta laugh at this stuff. You do not think any of us are truly "triggered" by this absurdity, do you?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Interesting to see this thread grow more and more with people being triggered by a Facebook post. People post pictures of their dinners on Facebook all the time. Why give them any credibility?

I'm not triggered at all. It was so absurd, most of the replies are goofing on it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

My dad was a JD guy before he quit. I remember it at the breakfast table.

I had a father-in-law the same age as you and same exact habits. Except he opted for rum and cokes. His cellar was lined with gallon jugs of the cheapest rum he could buy at Costco.

He was a "I am going to live how I like and die how I want" kind of guy.

First his lung collapsed at 60. Trouble breathing in the shower and didn't know why, they got it going again, but it collapsed a couple more times in the following year if I recall. Then his liver went..and they don't give livers to active alcoholics. That took maybe 6 to 8 months for him to die. It was effen horrific. Without a liver, everything you eat and drink literally poisons you. He bloated up, was throwing up all the time and died a slow death over months. Spent his last month with Hospice visits in his easy chair, immobile and delirious. I dragged that chair to the curb after he passed. Horrible scent.

His wife was a wreck and I didn't know what to tell his grandkids.

He had this defiant fantasy of living his way and dying fast and happy. But honestly he just couldn't quit drinking and he went out suffering horribly over a long period of time and he very much wanted a do-over before he died.

Take care of yourself now. Please.

No one deserves to live or die that way.

I was being facetious. I don't smoke or do drugs, but enjoy a few beers, maybe four a week. But I do have a heart arrythmia problem, which already caused a stroke at age 44. I don't see myself realistically living to a ripe old age.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So this is fake?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I wasn't sure....so I checked... Oh My GOD!!! My underwear is cotton!!! My junk is racist!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I wasn't sure....so I checked... Oh My GOD!!! My underwear is cotton!!! My junk is racist!!!!!

You, like Todd, are triggered.
'It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now *mine*.'

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

No, it's hilariously funny that someone could actually make that sort of leap in thought. Thought, I may add, that stopped at that leap at which point pseudo-outrage took over.

edit on 9/19/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

No, it's hilariously funny that someone could actually make that sort of leap in thought. Thought, I may add, that stopped at that leap at which point pseudo-outrage took over.

I agree. That author and Todd Starnes made a hilarious leap triggering the unsuspecting audience.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is borderline insanity, it won't be tolerated forever, I know that. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ritz Crackers are racist. As a white man, the term 'cracker' offends me. I am boycotting Ritz products until they change that name. I'm triggered right now. Is there a safe space where I can color and get a cup of hot cocoa?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
When I first saw this story, I thought it was just a one off and pretty much brushed it off as someone who was easily offended about nothing whatsoever. I then ran across this story African Students Offended by Cotton Centerpiece which details the experience of a few black students that were invited to the home of the president of their school and their absolute horror seeing a cotton centerpiece on the table, as well as being served a "black meal".

Seems strange two different people are now highly offended by the sight of cotton, might just be a coincidence, but I find it odd nonetheless.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join