It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby is racist for having a display of cotton

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OH GOD NO!!! WE MUST SAVE THE COTTEN BALLS! I kinda wish i was joking. At this rate anything is up for grabs. Cotton balls, cotton swabs, hmmm clothing?

What are the kids going to use for fake snow on paper plate paintings? Now that the cotton plant and im sure cotten will be deemed racist. Whats going to be the cotten jingle now? "The look. The feel... Of that stuff that makes up the fabric of our lives" that sounds almost as stupid as this claim that a home decoration involving a cotton plant is racist.

I have no hope for human kind. Hopefully they perfect artificially intelligent robots to wipe us out.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

BLM movement needs to quit crying and be thankful they are not living in africa. they were selling there own t begin with back in the day. they kill each other all the time in the streets with there gangs. cop kills one lets riot. cop kills a white man i don't see riots. people need to wake up stop letting the government keep this game going on. if the BLM movement wants to destroy history let them get rid of the history about slavery. in a couple generations there wont be a problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I remember once driving down a highway and passing a cotton field. I made my husband stop so I could get out and look up close, as I had never seen a cotton plant before. I thought they were beautiful, and would love to have picked a bunch to take home. But I didn't, as this was someone else's property and livelihood. But If I came upon them in Hobby Lobby I would buy some, strictly for their natural beauty.

The idea that a display of raw cotton means anything other than an attractive natural plant for decor, is as ridiculous as me being offended by the owning of saltines.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
When I was growing up, I had a job 'tromping' cotton.

Was I symbolically racist?

Stupidest # ever.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Get ready for a melt-down when the Christmas decorations come out. The 'snowflake' ornaments are going to send the leftist cupcakes into vapor lock.

Santa's a rascist.Ever see any black elves?That's job discrimination!
Bad Santa. That elf is black as tar.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
LANGUAGE WARNING

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Anyone else notice that the cotton hasn't actually been picked from the stalk? Therefore, this could be seen as solidarity to former slaves if one really considers the artistic voice of the decorative piece.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

In other words, the cotton will go unpicked because slavery was abolished? Is that the point you are trying to convey? Just curious to know if I understood your post correctly.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Thank God I'm 57 and will be dead, hopefully, within a few years

First off-- What the hell are you doing to yourself where you plan on dying by 60.

Take better care of yourself.

Secondly..

"Hobby Lobby’s ‘offensive’ decoration has gone bonkers viral — 33k Facebook reactions and counting"

Translation? One of 6 Billion people on the globe said something about slaves and cotton on FB and 33K people chimed in to attack or troll the comment. Looked at the FB post and have yet to see anyone backing the comment...and it is not clear if she posted it in jest or not.

Why TF should anyone care?...Oh, that's right...the right wing media outlets decided to publicize one of a gazillion posts on FB for click-bait because it fits well with their narrative.

NEXT Up...MSN finds someone saying something racist on Stormfront...and spends a week shouting about the "Right".

edit on 18-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thank God I'm 57 and will be dead, hopefully, within a few years, before this country completely goes to hell, thanks to these snowflakes.

Why would you want to be dead because some idiots are offended by dried cotton plants?

People worry too much about morons. There will always be morons, with moronic opinions and ideas. They are now just media-wise, immediately visible to everyone else. I wouldn't sweat it to be honest, and live your own life to its fullest, and don't worry about idiots who are offended by stupid things. : )

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I wouldn't sweat it to be honest, and live your own life to its fullest, and don't worry about idiots who are offended by stupid things. : )

Like FB Posts by someone no one knew until they posted a pic from Hobby Lobby?

I agree..

If the plan is to engage in full scale national outrage everytime random joe or jane blow posts something on FB, then yes, our nation is doomed.

edit on 18-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Thank God I'm 57 and will be dead, hopefully, within a few years, before this country completely goes to hell, thanks to these snowflakes.

Why would you want to be dead because some idiots are offended by dried cotton plants?

People worry too much about morons. There will always be morons, with moronic opinions and ideas. They are now just media-wise, immediately visible to everyone else. I wouldn't sweat it to be honest, and live your own life to its fullest, and don't worry about idiots who are offended by stupid things. : )

yup....so much daily ATS outrage, coming from so few idiots, pawned off as the belief of entire sectors of society....."wash, rinse, repeat"

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's time we do something about this Racist white elephant in the room...

At least it's not a chocolate lab on the front with the white cotton rolls...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

We can probably expect a boycott of cotton swabs cotton balls and Q-tips at Walmart.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I have often said that "Political Correctness" will be one of the final nails in the coffin of the USA...

Some of the silly remarks about clothing by some writers..... well might not seem so silly when what they said becomes truth. Ha! It sure wouldn't surprise me to see it carried to that point.

There is most assuredly something severely wrong with these kind of people... in their brainworks me thinks.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

before this country completely goes to hell, thanks to these snowflakes. The generation of 18-25 year olds are the biggest bunch of wusses ever. They wouldn't know a real tragedy if it smacked them in the face with a two-by-four.

Well said!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 321equinox
I remember once driving down a highway and passing a cotton field. I made my husband stop so I could get out and look up close, as I had never seen a cotton plant before. I thought they were beautiful, and would love to have picked a bunch to take home. But I didn't, as this was someone else's property and livelihood. But If I came upon them in Hobby Lobby I would buy some, strictly for their natural beauty.

The idea that a display of raw cotton means anything other than an attractive natural plant for decor, is as ridiculous as me being offended by the owning of saltines.

My great uncle used to tell us about how, as children picking cotton, they'd pee in the bag to make it heavier, so they'd get more money.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Ha, ha, the snow flakes better do not come to the south, we get cotton displays all over during the fall season as part of harvest decorations.

And this not hobby lobby but most businesses in town.

People needs to get a life and stop complaining. The only ones than listen are the lames ones that will listen to them.

And I am in GA.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was just at Home Depot and those racist friggin bastards had ropes for sale. ROPES!!!! And what are ropes made for? Exactly. Lynchings.

#HomeDepotSoRacist

Ha!
I take it you didn't see the chains they have, sold by the foot so you can get just enough.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

Ha!
I take it you didn't see the chains they have, sold by the foot so you can get just enough.

No, I didn't. Those evil ropes triggered me to the point where I ran across the parking lot and kicked in a nail salon's front window.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join