It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 killed, 13 wounded in Chicago shootings, including 4 dead in rifle attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Not much on the national news about this one.

Chicago again has a mass shooting and not many Big News stories ?

What's the problem ?

Why not mass outrage by all the politicians and social elites on TV ?

The big killing here was 4 people got shot to death while in a car.

It's a mass murder and nobody seems to be "reporting" it.

A woman police believe was pregnant was among five people killed and 13 wounded in Chicago shootings Friday into Saturday morning.

The woman was one of four victims slain in a rifle attack in the Brighton Park neighborhood Friday night, police said.

The quadruple homicide happened about 8:40 p.m. in the 4700 block of South Fairfield Avenue, police said.

Three men and a woman were inside a vehicle when someone inside a white SUV opened fire on them with a rifle, police said.

Good website for Chicago shootings .....
The HeyJackass website

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The definition is not official, and 4 victims is the lowest generally considered as a mass shooting.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

because its just gangland fighting that's why. I guess it happens everyday almost. It's not a terrorist incident or a huge car accident or a plane crashing.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Pretty bad when you have a city where 4 shot to death is not out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Not much on the national news about this one.

Chicago again has a mass shooting and not many Big News stories ?

What's the problem ?

Why not mass outrage by all the politicians and social elites on TV ?

The big killing here was 4 people got shot to death while in a car.

It's a mass murder and nobody seems to be "reporting" it.

A woman police believe was pregnant was among five people killed and 13 wounded in Chicago shootings Friday into Saturday morning.

The woman was one of four victims slain in a rifle attack in the Brighton Park neighborhood Friday night, police said.

The quadruple homicide happened about 8:40 p.m. in the 4700 block of South Fairfield Avenue, police said.

Three men and a woman were inside a vehicle when someone inside a white SUV opened fire on them with a rifle, police said.

Good website for Chicago shootings .....
The HeyJackass website

There are mass shootings and then there are mass shootings. In most people's minds, a mass shooting is when some nut job shoots up a random place with random victims. However, I believe government defines a mass shooting as any event in which four or more people are killed. So what you can have is four gang members killed on a street corner and it would actually classify as a "mass shooting". IMHO, there subtle but not insignificant differences between the two.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Pretty bad when you have a city where 4 shot to death is not out of the ordinary.

Did you look at the historical figures near the bottom?
1955-1976 10,910 ~519/yr
1976-1979 2,408 ~602/yr
1979-1983 3,202 ~640/yr
1983-1987 3,295 ~659/yr
1987-1989 978 ~489/yr
1989-2011 14,653 ~666/yr
2011- 3,003 ~500/yr
Pretty much normal for Chicago.
edit on 13Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:35:26 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yup, I've linked to that website before.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thing is, people emphasize Chicago a lot like it's abnormally high.

Well, part of the 'high' reason is due to population. St. Louis has a much higher homicide per 100,000 rate, as do Baltimore, New Orleans, and Detroit. Chicago doesn't even make the world top 50 at below 20 per 100,000. It barely makes #25 in the U.S.. For some perspective, West Palm Beach, FL had a higher rate at #15 (21 homicides per 100,000).

e: also I just found a vulnerability... if you use a less than symbol, it hides that a post has been edited.
edit on 14Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:02:28 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
'cuz you know, racism.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's "Chiraq", dawg!

Just another day.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow...I actually learned something pretty crazy today because I just had to look up the per capita list. Used to be Richmond VA was number 1 in the mid 90s and was still top 5 for years after that. Now however the little city beside where I grew up is moving up the list in a hurry. Petersburg VA is number 6 as well as Portsmouth VA being number 14. Virginia is looking way worse than Illinois by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Don't remember you posting about 9 people being killed in Plano, TX at a party last Sunday but I guess since they were white an agenda can't be pushed.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Regnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2017 by Regnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
When's the protests? I want to go. Hopefully because there will be so many people protesting this tragic act of violence I'll be able to find parking. You never know as when tens of thousands show up to protest such an event, logistics can make it near possible to attend.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Probably black on black even though the news sourced a white suv did the killings. Had it been a black suv killing them would the color of the vehicle even been mentioned? Think about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

Don't remember you posting about 9 people being killed in Plano, TX at a party last Sunday but I guess since they were white an agenda can't be pushed.

Never saw it in the MSM.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
When I look to see what's happening on scanner radio on Friday and Saturday nights Chicago is alway the #1 in their top 50 and usually by 2000.
edit on 17-9-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The shootings made the top of the Chicago TV news last night because...get ready... A WHITE WOMAN was one of those murdered!

Otherwise, just another Chicago weekend. Black-on-Black / Latino-on-Latino. Nobody gives a crap as long as it stays that way.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The shootings made the top of the Chicago TV news last night because...get ready... A WHITE WOMAN was one of those murdered!

Otherwise, just another Chicago weekend. Black-on-Black / Latino-on-Latino. Nobody gives a crap as long as it stays that way.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
When I look to see what's happening on scanner radio on Friday and Saturday nights Chicago is alway the #1 in their top 50 and usually by 2000.

I usually try to blame white supremacist.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Well, we have to be sensitive to and not question black culture.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join