It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stain or Stein just got real interesting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
how can ME be a real thing if I can perform a simple google search and find multiple references with both the correct and incorrect spellings of words, song lyrics etc etc

Surely if ME was real no evidence of the "previous reality" version of anything would, you know, actually exist here.....

Oh but wait, that's right, most ME threads are about things that are easily mis-spelled or mis-interpreted, no cold hard facts to be seen anywhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

I think they call it "Leakage".
Wait... maybe it's "Residue".

Well, whatever they call it, I think Playtex makes a personal care product that can take care of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms
how can ME be a real thing if I can perform a simple google search and find multiple references with both the correct and incorrect spellings of words, song lyrics etc etc

Surely if ME was real no evidence of the "previous reality" version of anything would, you know, actually exist here.....

Oh but wait, that's right, most ME threads are about things that are easily mis-spelled or mis-interpreted, no cold hard facts to be seen anywhere.
the bible proves it. There is both changes on a massive scale for those remembering "lion and lamb" and know that "wolf and lamb" is wrong.

PLUS

Those that read the bible memorize verses. Those people who came this reality around early 2000s to outset 2012. Remember how they do from their original reality.

ALSO

in bible code they found MANDELA-STRONG DELUSION-TWO DEMONS-UP/DOWN

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Well, whatever they call it, I think Playtex makes a personal care product that can take care of it.

Everyone is so clever. Everyone loves to make jokes. Everyone loves to insinuate that they are so much smarter and can't possibly have something like this happen to them. I hope everyone is right, if for no other reason than they don't have to humble themselves and admit how wrong they were and how confused they are now.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Everyone is so clever. Everyone loves to make jokes. Everyone loves to insinuate that they are so much smarter and can't possibly have something like this happen to them. I hope everyone is right, if for no other reason than they don't have to humble themselves and admit how wrong they were and how confused they are now.

I am already able to admit I can be wrong, confused, and have my brain/memory fooled -- just like any other human. Which is exactly why I think the Mandela Effect has nothing to do with alternate universe and altered realities...

...and has everything to do with the aforementioned ability of me and every other human to be wrong, confused, and fooled.

I have personally experienced things that would be called "The Mandela Effect", but I blame my own fallible brain, or I blame a misunderstood or mis-learned fact, rather than blaming it on residue from an alternate reality.

edit on 18/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Like I said. I hope everyone is so lucky.

You will see I have never made any of those fore mentioned claims either.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: sputniksteve

If only I knew what? That you remember the correct spelling?

You just said you do.

I'm not here to make fun of you, but you are saying you remember the spelling correctly.

It's 'Berenstein' that ME believers claim is what they remember in a different timeline.

That is YOUR version of the story...people have been reporting it EITHER WAY for decades now.

As sputnik said you do not understand.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

People have been misspelling their name since before the books were made.

How do you incorporate that into your theory?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: DupontDeux

Yes, it's just proof of how easy it is to mix this up.

Same thing with the NYT archive. You will get a few hits for 'Berenstein,' but there are far, far more with the correct spelling, 'Berenstain.'

Yes - and it can be perfectly illustrated by deliberately misspelling an undisputed word in a search query and watch how many hits you nonetheless get.

Try, for instance "Obamma" instead of "Obama". That returns 241.000 hits, and I bet some of those are written by people who are convinced that their double-m spelling is correct.

People have searched history of search queries they exhibit anomalous behavior with certain mispellings being barely searched and drastic sudden spikes in multiple different unrelated words from locations across the globe. All after certain specific dates as if something triggered mas errors in memory.

There are even articles with people correcting mandela and the linked videos contradict those making the corrections and affirm the mandela.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i just think it's amazing in the first place that if you find something that's been mislabeled, you think it's 'residue' from some kind of unknown bizarre effect that changed your reality.

stuff gets mislabeled all the time. vending machine dolls like that are often knockoffs, so errors in those are doubly unsurprising.

Actors and authors misquoting some of their most famous lines and even the titles of their books is also interesting. Not to mention Oscar nominations misquoting titles and actors misquoting their most memorable lines and no one batting an eye.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Another ME post , endless tug of war.
Accept it happening now (19 september 2017) or not.

Skeptics can laugh but scientist consider the existence of other similar realities a serious posibillity.
A Timeline ,Time just a line ? That's about as deep as saying a car has wheels.

Time is complex interconnected to the consiousnesses of each of us. Do the math , do the work and understand that ME is the result of the collective consciousness changing , or be a sceptic and say it doesn't exist.

It's not 'Wheelers choice' but it's yours. Explore the universe or life in a limited 3d cube. you hold the key of the multiverse become unchained from the distorted rythme.

Btw it isn't Frisland , it's Friesland

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
... I've already admitted that the ME is ridiculous but not anymore ridiculous than telling millions of people they are all having the same false memory.

It isn't ridiculous if those millions of people are all subject to the same cultural/social/media/etc influences, such as those millions of people being influenced by the fact that "--stein" is a common ending for names while "--stain" is very uncommon.

Like multiple people who live in a region and seen countless maps misremembering the location of their nation on a map? How does that happen?

Like lifelong mechanics being dumbfounded by the ford logo piggy tail f and the volkswagen logo.

What about the james bond braces scene? Many remember the dolly braces and it obviously makes sense. Just a simple random smile with nothing to connect doesnt do the old james bond cheese justice.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms

Except there are cases of zero reported searches for certain mispellings and near zero until certain dates.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm a Berenstain-er myself. I remember getting into an argument with classmates in second grade on this, and won when we went to the school library to check.

That said, the ME hypothesis really hasn't been successfully debunked in my opinion. The number of people who remember Berenstain, and even the artifacts existing which illustrate it would only be proof of this particular reality or timeline - not proof that another doesn't exist.

I became interested in this hypothesis because of personal experiences, not the Berenstains, New Zealand, or other more widely shared differences in memory. I'm not about to totally reject it because other people have decided the majority determines the "correct" reality.

I recently had a day in which I woke up in the morning intensely aware of two versions of the previous day. The events varied slightly, none were anything dramatic or surrealistic/dream-like, nor were their potential impact on the future evident, but I could remember in great detail experiencing both of them!
I could also feel one of them beginning to "drift" away (that's the only way I can describe the feeling). Now (several days later) I no longer even remember the details of that version that "drifted", so I cannot even communicate with others on what was "true" or not. But at the time, and for several hours, it was quite clear.

The following days though, I have repeatedly noticed other details in my environment that stand out as being "wrong" - or at least not as I have remembered them all this time... a house existing where there was none all the hundreds of times I've passed on foot, in a car, horseback..... all kinds of changes to things I've known for years around me.

This is not the first time I've had this type of experience which could beexplained with the ME hypothesis.

It is not a proven or definitive explanation either, but for the moment, it remains one possibility.

I kind of wonder why so many feel the desire to proclaim it as proven to be invalid and impossible when it hasn't been?

Does the idea make you uncomfortable for some reason?
Is it just pleasurable to feel you are in possession of "THE TRUTH" in some way?

I don't know if the OP has spent time in a reality in which the majority remembered Berenstein Bears and ridiculed him, or if he simply has a faulty memory, perhaps influenced by exchanges with a few "minorities". Depending upon where you hang out, the seeming majority changes....

But hey, OP, look at it this way - now you are in a reality where the evidence pretty much lines up with your memory of experience, so ...cool! But will this little detail really impact your life? It might be interesting to pay attention to whatever else might be different than what you remember! In any case, widening your attention to the NOW has the very interesting effect of opening your awareness to other paths of action and choice that may or may not have been there all along, but not noticed.....

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I remember getting into an argument with classmates in second grade on this, and won when we went to the school library to check.

What'd ya get?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I remember getting into an argument with classmates in second grade on this, and won when we went to the school library to check.

What'd ya get?

Just that silly sense of security you seek out as a child, that you have a "hold" on what's real or not. At that time, I hadn't reached the acceptance of unknown yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Not his cookie? Not his peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
That ain't no bet.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not his cookie? Not his peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
That ain't no bet.

LOL! No, no it isn't. Even then, I was more consumed with existential angst then cookie hunger.
I also got in an argument with a kid in that class about whether or not my memories of living in 1801 could be real. Lost that one, as the teacher proclaimed it impossible. Turns out my lack of knowledge of mathematics was the culprit.
The other kid "won" the sense of security that day, and I was left alone with my angst.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
That said, the ME hypothesis really hasn't been successfully debunked in my opinion. .

It is completely unfalsifiable. It doesn't matter what facts you bring up, the supporters can always wave their hands and say "ah, different reality" or that there is "leakage" between the realities, or whatever.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Another ME post , endless tug of war.
Accept it happening now (19 september 2017) or not.

Skeptics can laugh but scientist consider the existence of other similar realities a serious posibillity.
A Timeline ,Time just a line ? That's about as deep as saying a car has wheels.

Time is complex interconnected to the consiousnesses of each of us. Do the math , do the work and understand that ME is the result of the collective consciousness changing , or be a sceptic and say it doesn't exist.

It's not 'Wheelers choice' but it's yours. Explore the universe or life in a limited 3d cube. you hold the key of the multiverse become unchained from the distorted rythme.

Btw it isn't Frisland , it's Friesland

I'm not saying it is not possible for there to be parallel or alternate universes. I think it's within the realm of possibility

What I'm sayin is that a perfectly reasonable and extremely likely explanation for ME is "because people misremember, mis-learn, or have mistaken memory". NOT "because parallel universes".

I'm not so arrogant to believe that humans are so infallible that is impossible for them to have thought it was spelled "Berenstein" or they thought that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the late 1980's/early 1990s.

Both of those have very easy explanations that have nothing to do with alternate universes. People remember "stein" because it is without question a more common name ending than "stain".

People think Nelson Mandela died in prison because when he came to the forefront of national attention in the late 1980s, it was because he was a very sickly man in prison. Other than the argument of whether he should be in prison at all, the world media mostly concentrated on the idea that he was so ill that he could die. So it isn't surprising that some people have a memory that he did die.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join