It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stain or Stein just got real interesting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Because I am trying to tell you that it wasn't Stain for the last 7.5 years. For anyone. There were those like me that remembered and claimed it should be, but it wasn't. The fact that you all weren't there or don't remember has little bearing on what I am trying to explain to you.

I am sharing an extraordinary experience, nothing more. Extraordinary experiences is why I joined this site a decade ago, now I am sharing my own. There is nothing to debate or argue.

I believe that is as clear as I can make it.

Fair enough. So in the last 7.5 years you often saw Berenstein Bears or was it something you didn't pay much attention to?

It was something I saw very often. I made my own threads here on ATS, discussed on others threads. I joined subreddits. I purchased the domains "Stainorstein" and "Steinorstain" as well as a couple others. I created multiple email addresses and user names on Reddit.

I was balls deep in this. I am not making an mistake or oversight or confusing the matter. My own post history here reflects my position and activity discussing it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I get that you are into this, and I don't mean to be that guy, but the family of the writer, who's name is Berenstain.

In an attempt to make sense of it all, the National Post's Jake Edmiston spoke with Michael Berenstain, the son of the late authors Stan and Jan Berenstain

nationalpost.com...

It's one of those things that's easy to believe is either way, depending on which way you hear it first in this context. But aside from a mistaken memory, this just seems cut and dry. If you really enjoy it, and believe it, have fun. That is totally OK.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you hate to be that guy, you could always refrain from being that guy. I know Indid a terrible job of explaining my current position in the OP but I did clarify later. That is certainly my fault, I just didn't expect to be alone.

If you are interested in actually understanding what I am talking about, read my other thread that I linked in this one and see my position and perspective, and how I have approached the ME as a whole on ATS.
edit on 9/17/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Maybe instead of mis remembering other m.e. people in graphics drop easter eggs.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

if your picture is proven to be photo shopped, would that change your mind at all?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Not even a little bit, my position is not dependent on any photos or "proof". The only thing that matters is how it is spelled right now, today.

Also I hope you saw my edit to your post, I didn't mean to come off as aggressive or douchey to you, sorry about that.

In regards to the excerpt you posted, for the last 7 years the authors surname was STEIN not STAIN. That is what I am trying to explain, everything in existence in relation to those books was STEIN in between today and 2010 or possibly even before that, but not past somewhere in the late 80's. Everything that everyone is suggesting to me right now, was the opposite of what is being said in this thread.

A normal conversation went like this:

Me: When I was a kid I remembered it being spelled Berenstain, and I remember it being spelled like that specifically because of this memory....

Them: Look, all the books are spelled Berenstein, the authors surname is Berenstein, it was altered when the immigrated to the United States in.....

Me: Yes I understand that, but I am telling you right now it was spelled Berenstain when I was a child. I don't know how to explain how this could be, and I don't make any claims about how or why, nor about any of the other Mandela Effects. The only thing I know for absolute certain is that it was spelled Berenstain when I was a kid, now it is spelled Berenstein.

THem: You are either remembering wrong, are stupid, or have confabulated the entire issue. It was always spelled Berenstein....

Ad nauseam

Until this morning when all of a sudden how I remember it is and always was "correct", and me remembering that it was spelled Berenstein for the last 7 years and being called an idiot, or having a bad memory, etc. is now what I am being criticized or told I am wrong about. I can't prove that what I am telling you is correct, because to all of you it was never any different. You can go back and look at everything I have ever stated on ATS concerning it, and see that I was arguing it USED to be spelled Berenstain, and at that time was spelled Berenstein. I don't know why I would possibly do that if it was currently spelled Berenstain, but then again you don't know that I am not an idiot with brain damage you will have to just take my word for it.
edit on 9/17/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Cool this thread was just brought up again. I was visiting with family this weekend, my two brothers and I all together (a rare event) and my one brother's kids Berenstein Bears book was laying on the coffee table and sure enough, it was spelled Berenstain. I am one of those who know 100% in my mental capacity that it was Berenstein when I was growing up. I asked each of three family members how they spelled it, and all spelled it the same as I, and then I pointed out the book and all were dismayed at the Mandela Effect that had somehow altered the history we all swear by. I BELIEVE!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

When did you grow up? The OP says it changed to 'Berenstein' around the year 2000, but it was 'Berenstain' before then.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Cool this thread was just brought up again. I was visiting with family this weekend, my two brothers and I all together (a rare event) and my one brother's kids Berenstein Bears book was laying on the coffee table and sure enough, it was spelled Berenstain. I am one of those who know 100% in my mental capacity that it was Berenstein when I was growing up. I asked each of three family members how they spelled it, and all spelled it the same as I, and then I pointed out the book and all were dismayed at the Mandela Effect that had somehow altered the history we all swear by. I BELIEVE!

Thank you Rezlooper. Thank you.

Now, if it somehow goes back to Berenstein as the "official, current, and only" spelling of the name and all subsequent media and toys you will be in exactly the same position I found myself in this morning.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

When did you grow up? The OP says it changed to 'Berenstein' around the year 2000, but it was 'Berenstain' before then.

Child of the 70's, teenager of the 80's. I always thought, and have myself convinced that it was Berenstein. I do realize though, in this current state, it is Berenstain and any books that one may dust off from the original copies in the 1970's will say Berenstain. So, I have to live with that. But it sure is strange. I, along with the many millions of other people, aren't having a false memory. Ridiculous.

Edit to add: And another thing. Even looking at the book with that spelling was odd. It didn't even look right, so I know it's not a false memory.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

No, that is not at all what I have stated.

I stated that when I was born in 1980, and through at least 1986 it was spelled Berenstain. Sometime around 2010 it was brought to my attention through an online post that it was, is and always will be Berenstein. It has been Berenstein until this morning.

I don't have any idea how it was supposed to be spelled between 1986 and 2010 because I didn't pay attention or look, or at least don't remember paying attention or looking.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Oh, ok. Sorry. I did ask you earlier in the thread when it changed in your timeline, but you didn't answer me. I had to make do with what you wrote.

I must be on a different timeline because the debate was always between people who incorrectly thought it was once 'Berenstein' and people who thought it was always 'Berenstain.'

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
I, along with the many millions of other people, aren't having a false memory. Ridiculous.

I just don't think it's that ridiculous. It would be a totally understandable mix up. Besides, it's clear some merchandise made it to shelves with the wrong spelling. Small wonder people disagree on what they recall.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

If you only knew.

This is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

i seen both. both are correct an dboth are wrong at th esame time.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I can dig it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If your argument is that it's spelled Berenstain, I agree with you. It is and has always been that. Every book you find is spelled that way.

If you are arguing against your memory, your memory is faulty, as is mine and everyone elses.
The only part of the ME I have found to be of interest is the VW logo thing. I am looking for an answer on that one, as I think it was a production error in some plant, but until I find a verifiable answer, there is indeed both logos out there and it's verifiable. Which kind of kills the ME narrative, as they both exist in the same "timeline".

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am confused? When looking at the Op's photo and other contributions in this thread, it seems like they prove that noone's memory is necessarily faulty and that ME is nonsense.

Obviously, both names have been used and even on the same toy/book/vhs tape. It makes sense that two people would logically remember it differently. No ME necessary to explain it away, it simply is what it is.

I do remember it as Stein...I have to assume that I happened to have seen a misprint or spelling error in my childhood. Ergo...everyone is right, just simply have a different biased perspective.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

....The only part of the ME I have found to be of interest is the VW logo thing. I am looking for an answer on that one, as I think it was a production error in some plant, but until I find a verifiable answer, there is indeed both logos out there and it's verifiable. Which kind of kills the ME narrative, as they both exist in the same "timeline".

Maybe the VW logos without the "split" are aftermarket/knock-off parts....maybe?

Honestly, I'm not that familiar with this issue to know if there are VW factory logos (verified as such) that do not include the "split".

edit on 18/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If you hate to be that guy, you could always refrain from being that guy. I know Indid a terrible job of explaining my current position in the OP but I did clarify later. That is certainly my fault, I just didn't expect to be alone.

If you are interested in actually understanding what I am talking about, read my other thread that I linked in this one and see my position and perspective, and how I have approached the ME as a whole on ATS.

Did you actually look at the link?

You just completely ignored the fact that confusion over the name predates the books.
That seems to be your approach to ME as a whole.

You have dedicated too much time to this to turn your back on it now so you have to keep doubling down. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and accept you are wrong.

Do you think it's possible for you to look at the ME phenomena without the initial assumption that you are correct?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If your argument is that it's spelled Berenstain, I agree with you. It is and has always been that. Every book you find is spelled that way.

If you are arguing against your memory, your memory is faulty, as is mine and everyone elses.
The only part of the ME I have found to be of interest is the VW logo thing. I am looking for an answer on that one, as I think it was a production error in some plant, but until I find a verifiable answer, there is indeed both logos out there and it's verifiable. Which kind of kills the ME narrative, as they both exist in the same "timeline".

I truly don't see How you could still be unclear on my position.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join