It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stain or Stein just got real interesting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: sputniksteve
OMG this is beautiful. We have officially broken the world somehow.

I cannot even comprehend that this is or has happened. Please someone chime in here in my defense and back me up that "we" who remember "Stain" have been made fun of and the butt of all Mandela Effect jokes on ATS for the last 7 years.

I can't even do this.

Berenstain is and has always been correct. No one has made fun of you if that's how you remember it.

It's 'Berenstein' that's wrong...those are the folks inventing a Mandela Effect to explain their faulty memories.
no they are not. There is ample residue proving it started out berenstein bears (my grandma read it to me, verified my mom remembers berenstein). Its your unwillingness to see that the world/universe/reality experienced a joining i think and quantum reality is placing these changes in front of us to tell us something.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Stitching on hats are different.

One label says 13' MOTHER Bear
the OTHER says 13' MAMA Bear

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Same double spelling on this PAPA doll from Amazon:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Anyone claiming the bears in the different photos are the same is retarded. It is blatantly obvious from the quality of the fur alone that they are made in completely different eras let alone factories.

Still no one in this thread knows precisely what I am talking about, a couple seem to be in the positions i was yesterday but not the same one I am in today.

That is even more shocking to me than anything else. Most have lived up to my expectations of them and our previous interactions so at least I have that going for me. I can't say I'm not disappointed you aren't paying attention, but then again if you were I wouldn't be explaining this to you to begin with.

Absolutely fascinating either way though.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

OMG this is beautiful. We have officially broken the world somehow.

I cannot even comprehend that this is or has happened. Please someone chime in here in my defense and back me up that "we" who remember "Stain" have been made fun of and the butt of all Mandela Effect jokes on ATS for the last 7 years.

I can't even do this.

Berenstain is and has always been correct. No one has made fun of you if that's how you remember it.

It's 'Berenstein' that's wrong...those are the folks inventing a Mandela Effect to explain their faulty memories.
no they are not. There is ample residue proving it started out berenstein bears (my grandma read it to me, verified my mom remembers berenstein). Its your unwillingness to see that the world/universe/reality experienced a joining i think and quantum reality is placing these changes in front of us to tell us something.

The OP would beg to differ, I think. He claims it started out as Berenstain, switched to Berenstein, and has recently gone back to Berenstain.

I'm not unwilling to see anything. It's always been Berenstain, *in my timeline.*

Maybe you are just "unwilling" to see that.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Stitching on hats are different.

One label says 13' MOTHER Bear
the OTHER says 13' MAMA Bear

yes, the mama is photoshopped, they edited out the whole thing rather than change the a to an e. It's clear it's not from a Disney machine with spelling like that, it's a hoax. The first pic you can see the photoshop, it's clear as day.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i just think it's amazing in the first place that if you find something that's been mislabeled, you think it's 'residue' from some kind of unknown bizarre effect that changed your reality.

stuff gets mislabeled all the time. vending machine dolls like that are often knockoffs, so errors in those are doubly unsurprising.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It is blatantly obvious

Yes, time shifts and universe shifts everywhere.
edit on 17-9-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Points to keep mind:

For an evergreen property such as this, the license usually lasts about 5 years (sometimes 3) with an individual plush company.
Usually, these contracts are 'exclusive'...unless it it a very 'big' licensed property.

Old licensed properties often move from plush company to plush company over the years...where even specific tag design is often mandated in the property owner's style guide...regardless of the plush company that gets the contract.

Even with final approval by the property owner, quality control regarding printing and production varies greatly among companies under contract for plush production...and spelling and design mistakes are more a rule rather than an exception.

The plush category for arcade machine companies is often separate contracts and allowed...regardless of whether a major plush manufacturer has an exclusive contract for plush.

This is allowed because arcade machine plush does not directly compete with Specialty or Mass Market store sales.

edit on 17-9-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's an interesting edit. Not as confident in your "proving" enough to make that claim?

I'm not saying nothing is photoshopped, I am saying if anyone thinks those are the same bears used to perpetrate a hoax they are retarded.

I am not saying anything in any picture is proof of anything, please don't be confused.

I am saying I spent the last 7.5 years in an existence where it was spelled "Berenstein" Bears even though I remembered an existence where it was spelled Stain, like it is right now. Believe me or don't believe me, I am sharing what I have experienced first hand. Nothing more and nothing less.

I am not making any claims to how or why that happened. I do however have a very seriously good hypothesis. It wouldn't be any more convincing than what I have just stated, so i won't waste my time with anyone incapable of having an open mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
To be fair I don't think the pictures from the OP and the arcade are photo shopped. Not saying they couldn't be of course but I'd lean towards cheap knock-offs. The text in the 'Berenstein' part of the OP pic follows the creases and wear of the tag. I am not expert in graphic design but I do dabble.

Not that any of this really matters whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The photo makes little difference as compared to the point the OP is making.

Edit to add: The Mandela Effect is very real. It doesn't matter if you disagree.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Why can't the answer simply be that it was always Berenstain and the % of people who remember Berenstein just have a corrupted memory file or what-have-you? Only one side can be correct here... It is spelled only one way (with the exception of honest to god typos on products / cheap knock-offs etc.). I don't know what the actual numbers are, but let's not pretend you're the only one who remembers it as Berenstain. It's not as if you suddenly found yourself in some alternate timeline or whatever. There are a ton, and always have been even during the last 7.5 years, who remember it as Berenstain. Now how can we figure out which side is right and which side is wrong? We simply pull out our old books or VHS tapes. Do some google image searches and the like. Boom. Looks like it was always Berenstain. The reason many people are so sure it was another way, can also easily be explained when considering things like time and memory.

At what point in any of this was there a blank to fill? Let alone a blank to be filled with a hypothesis about shifting timelines whose strongest "evidence" are fallible memories about insignificant things in pop culture.

This is why I always ask supporters or those open minded to the Mandela Effect a series of questions on the mechanics of such a thing. Sure they can say "Idk how it works". They also don't know that it's even happening. They never think about the subject critically and they stop short of thinking about it without feelings involved.

"I know it was this way."

Sure the Mandela Effect might be fun to think about. That is about it for me.

I know for certain I come from a timeline where there is an island continent named Frisland. I've been there and had a few beers. Another member on this forum recalls it as well. He too visited and had a few beers. There is some residual evidence to back me up though.. Frisland can be found on older maps, with no explanation as to where it went!

We aren't the only ones who have memory of it either. So does this composer.

Whatever more rational explanation for the above (such as sarcasm), maybe there is a more exciting one.

Point being, why bring in some extra ideas/theories simply because?

edit on 9-17-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The first pic you can see the photoshop, it's clear as day.

What is "the tell" in your opinion?

It honestly looks like a real printed tag to me. Maybe not a real product though.

edit on 9-17-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The OP's image is a great example of how it's such an easy mistake to make.

Even with the correct spelling of "--stain" right in front of them, people can still manage to think it is the more common "--stein".

This just strengthens the idea that the Mandela Effect is nothing more than people mis-remembering or simply being mistaken (such as with the OP's image (which shows that someone made a mistake with the label). Those mis-rememberings and mistakes are due to human error and cultural/media influences.

edit on 17/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Because I am trying to tell you that it wasn't Stain for the last 7.5 years. For anyone. There were those like me that remembered and claimed it should be, but it wasn't. The fact that you all weren't there or don't remember has little bearing on what I am trying to explain to you.

I am sharing an extraordinary experience, nothing more. Extraordinary experiences is why I joined this site a decade ago, now I am sharing my own. There is nothing to debate or argue.

I believe that is as clear as I can make it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The only Mandela Effects that have stumped me are "Life WAS like a box of chocolates..." and Mr. Perfect's last name changed from "Henning" to "Hennig".

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Because I am trying to tell you that it wasn't Stain for the last 7.5 years. For anyone. There were those like me that remembered and claimed it should be, but it wasn't. The fact that you all weren't there or don't remember has little bearing on what I am trying to explain to you.

I am sharing an extraordinary experience, nothing more. Extraordinary experiences is why I joined this site a decade ago, now I am sharing my own. There is nothing to debate or argue.

I believe that is as clear as I can make it.

Fair enough. So in the last 7.5 years you often saw Berenstein Bears or was it something you didn't pay much attention to?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Those are not the conventions of the Plush industry in my timeline.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I hope to god I am just jumping the gun, or have lost my mind.

Those are certainly the two most likely options.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join