It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four American Female Tourists Attacked With Acid at French Train Station

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
If Im walking in the street and a couple of Sikhs with turbans are walking towards me on the pavement I'll feel relaxed...not so much if it is a couple of guys wearing a Thobe. Not bigoted just sensible risk awareness.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Things are a lot worse. Not that long ago I read a story about an European country in which a main newspaper stated that the police tried to stop them from posting some facts. What the information was relying is that out of 60,000 refugee, official records state that 10,000 (actually 9,300) of those refugees had committed crimes, and the police asked the newspaper not to release that story. I am relating this from memory. Would have to look for the story.

Here.

theoldcontinent.eu...

And here is part of the original report in dutch.

Link

edit on 17-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment and links.

edit on 17-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: fix link.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I've not heard of WBC doing anything terrorist.

I thought they just held up signs and protested lawfully.

How is this even comparable?
Am I outta the loop here?
Maybe I am, I dunno.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I can not for the life of me understand how Europeans are just cool with some kind of "terroristic" attack happening every other week.

The f**k do you mean, 'we're cool' with terrorist attacks?! We're not cool with it. We hate it. All if it. Like any normal human being, we want to live in peace without the fear of being attacked because a vast majority of us in Europe don't believe in fairy tales.

It's friggin insane and I would expect a civilized nation to rise up and expel such threats from their home nations.

Explain how that works. How do you easily identify all the threats? And what if they were born in that country? How do you then 'expel' them? To where? And which people do you expel? Only the convicted? Or those that also spout hatred?

We don't want THEM in our countries either. But we, like you, have govts which run the country, sadly not the people. The US isn't any different - your govt runs you as well, don't try to yell 'Freedom' at the top of your lungs, you are just as/as not free as us.

Don't think I'll be visiting Europe any time soon.

Then that's your own loss for experiencing a very diverse and rich history of where YOUR country came from.

So sad these girls will forever live with the scars (both physical and mental) of such a cowardly attack.

I 100% agree and wish the sick perpetrators were lined up and shot. We don't need them. We don't need anyone who believes what they believe in a modern, civilised world.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

I can not for the life of me understand how Europeans are just cool with some kind of "terroristic" attack happening every other week.

The f**k do you mean, 'we're cool' with terrorist attacks?! We're not cool with it. We hate it. All if it. Like any normal human being, we want to live in peace without the fear of being attacked because a vast majority of us in Europe don't believe in fairy tales.

It's friggin insane and I would expect a civilized nation to rise up and expel such threats from their home nations.

Explain how that works. How do you easily identify all the threats? And what if they were born in that country? How do you then 'expel' them? To where? And which people do you expel? Only the convicted? Or those that also spout hatred?

We don't want THEM in our countries either. But we, like you, have govts which run the country, sadly not the people. The US isn't any different - your govt runs you as well, don't try to yell 'Freedom' at the top of your lungs, you are just as/as not free as us.

Don't think I'll be visiting Europe any time soon.

Then that's your own loss for experiencing a very diverse and rich history of where YOUR country came from.

So sad these girls will forever live with the scars (both physical and mental) of such a cowardly attack.

I 100% agree and wish the sick perpetrators were lined up and shot. We don't need them. We don't need anyone who believes what they believe in a modern, civilised world.

I feel like the politically correct response here would be to apologize for triggering you.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I do wish you folks would stop repeating this endlessly debunked fascist propaganda about European countries being 'lost' and no-go areas and suchlike. They do not reflect reality.

European countries remain the safest and happiest places to live in the world. Despite this constant terrified bed wetting fear mongering.

As do i. Most of the Americans on this site downright worship fear. Paint pictures of entire countries based on articles and snapshots from crazy websites that do not reflect reality. God forbid they actually talk to some friends who live in these places, or realize that there are areas in literally every major metropolitan city that look like images shared here, OR realize that if 4 people being attacked counts as terrorism - then said terrorism happens every single day in the US. Much more frequent than every other week as per the terrified op.

Again, Americans worship fear, they crave it and rely on it to make up their own minds for them. Especially the frequent posters on this site. Oh yeah, this is all coming from an American btw. One who does not fear shadows apparently.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TJames

So all gun owners should have to answer for the crimes of other gun owners? Because those people who kill crowds of other people share the ideology of gun ownership, only a twisted version where it's ok to kill random people.

Im not sure you understand the difference between an object and an ideology.....

Ideology = "a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy."
Gun = Object.

A certain person or a group of people are comprised of beliefs and ideologies. But they can not be comprised of guns. So blaming an ideology or a person is the same. Because a person is in essence his beliefs, ideologies, morals etc....
edit on 17-9-2017 by HanSolo31 because: Better Explanation

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
At this point, I consider my French lessons to be more useful in the future as a historical asset.

It actually makes me think about giving up on learning it, could spend time on something more relevant.

Learn Arabic?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I feel like the politically correct response here would be to apologize for triggering you.

Well, with all due respect, shove your politically correct apology up your a*se.

Think about what you just said -- you suggest people in Europe are "cool" with being subjected to terrorist attacks. You make it sound like we don't care.

Any sane human being would be insulted by your implication.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Nah. I don't think so. Be yourself! Don't edit yourself for fear of being provocative!

It helps readers like me know exactly what kind of ignorant ridiculous thoughts are out there (and who is spreading them). Obviously, these kinds of nonsense thoughts are shared by other Americans (you get stars).

For one, people with more direct knowledge of the subject can respond to you, and straighten things out (for those who gave the stars, even if you are too proud to be receptive here),

and personally, I like to keep a finger on the pulse of my motherland, be aware of the popular views, opinions, and movements in ideas going on, for when I communicate with my own family and friends back home. I am then less surprised by some comments they might make, and ready to enlighten them. Because at first, this type of thinking like you wrote here seems so totally ignorant and irrational, it can cause confusion.... like I sit there thinking "surely, I have misunderstood something here - no one would think something that stupid...?".

This way, I am already exposed to the incredible lengths stupidity has been pushed, in the rush towards innovation in propaganda in the US. Thanks !

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Again, Americans worship fear, they crave it and rely on it to make up their own minds for them. Especially the frequent posters on this site. Oh yeah, this is all coming from an American btw. One who does not fear shadows apparently.

Its not worship, it is decades of conditioning, in order to justify endless wars all over the globe in the name of expansionism it is necessary for the population to be scared enough in their own homes to vote for more war and pay for it through their tax dollars.

Its a very simple concept that has been very successfully implemented as we can see....

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Are you done showing us that you're a racist with you're little rant?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Things are a lot worse. Not that long ago I read a story about an European country in which a main newspaper stated that the police tried to stop them from posting some facts.

Your facts are not based in reality, they are based on a news article, which you for some reason believe is 100% accurate and factual.

Get out into the real world and stop parroting what you consider to be facts from sources of news that are specifically designed to shape your opinion.

For clarification your opinions are based on fabricated news designed to steer your belief in a certain direction, as you have no basis of truth and or reality it sounds totally believable....

Don't let that stop your chicken little display from moving forward....

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

At the risk of sounding insensitive I have to say that from what I've seen and read, indigenous sand people make horrible "regular" troops. Undisciplined, lazy, lack of integrity and on and on. Now Guerrilla insurgents fighting against a foreign invader they do well with but certainly not as formal soldiers.

Quantity has a quality of its own.

The middle eastern troops are generally reported to be very poor quality overall, but they're mean enough when they think they have the upper hand. If this "army" was going to be deployed against the mostly unarmed civilian population (which is no doubt the underlying suggestion from proponents of the imported EU army theory) then they would be exactly what you want - cowards who like to dish out vicious beatings as long as they have superior numbers, and aren't restricted by the sense of duty or moral code that you would expect from a western soldier.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
And, as it turns out 24 hours later, this attack apparently had nothing to do with Islamic terrorism and everything to do with a lone woman with severe psychological problems. Making her race/nationality/religion entirely irrelevant.

And yet the Islamophobes didn't even pause for breath before unleashing their terrified whingings about how the evil Muslims are coming for us all.

It makes me wonder if they hear a car backfire in the street and duck for cover because the Jihadists are coming. Because that is basically what this thread was.

I get that we are all living now in a global culture of fear that the terrorists have created, but, we really should try and resist thinking and behaving in exactly the way the terrorists want us to. That's just letting the terrorists win.

Deny fear. Deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Explain how that works

I don't have an answer for you but pleading to your leadership to revoke your draconian gun laws would be a start. "An armed society is a polite society" especially if the locals are armed and the "guests" are not.

Oh wait I forgot that you guys across the pond are so much more civilized than us American cowboys you don't need guns. Well have fun having cups of tea and wine with your violent extremist refugees.

edit on 18-9-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
I would deport 10000 muslims for every person harmed in an attack and double the number every time there is a subsequent attack. This might give them an impetus to get things in their community under control.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I don't have an answer for you but pleading to your leadership to revoke your draconian gun laws would be a start. "An armed society is a polite society" especially if the locals are armed and the "guests" are not.

Ah yes of course. Because in America, everyone is polite and there's no crime due to guns -- guns have made people in the US polite, courteous and considerate.

Having guns has prevented the issues Europe is facing; terrorism.

I forgot you don't have that issue in America, thanks to guns.

Oh wait I forgot that you guys across the pond are so much more civilized than us American cowboys you don't need guns. Well have fun having cups of tea and wine with your violent extremist refugees.

Why are you being a d*ck? I never said we're more civilised than you. I don't pretend to think the UK is 'better' than the US. We both have are positives and negatives.

You seem to just have an issue with Europe and the UK in general. Nothing I can do if you're already biased.

All I can say is, no one here wants terrorism. No one here likes to live in fear. No one wants to 'have tea' with violent extremist refugees.

If you have a genuine solution, a real idea on how to instigate change that isn't a derogatory remark, I'd love to hear it.

edit on 18-9-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

And, as it turns out 24 hours later, this attack apparently had nothing to do with Islamic terrorism

I've still yet to see a source for this?!?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Because in America, everyone is polite...

For the most part this is true. Unless you hate yourself and opt to visit Philthadelphia.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join