It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jjamppong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Oh my goodness, this stuff will kill anything which ails you!

....I mean absolutely EXTERMINATE it!!

The noodles are FABULOUS, the nori and shrimp are good...and it's just face-slapping good (No, really...smack your face...like HARD...so you can stop the stroke!) OMG it's hot!!! BUT...it's absolutely DELICIOUS!!

That is all!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
and I've been eating Kimchi all day too!.

Most stomach settling food I know.

Especially aged, fermented, Kimchi!!!

Wow!!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Did you bring enough for the whole class?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Oh my goodness, this stuff will kill anything which ails you!

....I mean absolutely EXTERMINATE it!!

The noodles are FABULOUS, the nori and shrimp are good...and it's just face-slapping good (No, really...smack your face...like HARD...so you can stop the stroke!) OMG it's hot!!! BUT...it's absolutely DELICIOUS!!

That is all!

I try not to eat anything with a face, or that I cannot spell.. Except sauearkroaut sauer sa.. fermented cabbage... I've been meaning to try kimchi, I can spell that at least... apart from the different spices, it doesn't appear too different?

but jjampingpong, what is it? let me google that for me

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oh dear.. I wish the local food hall had this in the Korean section. Looks insanely good.

I'd have to forgo the squid though. I just cannot eat cephalopod. They're too intelligent and we don't give them the respect they deserve, to me they're not just a food source.. but I am funny like that. I don't eat kittens or cages of budgies deep fried either.

Got my hunger bones grinding though now, looks so delish.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yum
edit on 17-9-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
and I've been eating Kimchi all day too!.

Most stomach settling food I know.

Especially aged, fermented, Kimchi!!!

Wow!!

I know some people who make homemade Kimchi. It is really good. The stuff at the organic coop in the fridge section is excellent too. The canned stuff isn't so hot, I think the heat used in the bottling process ruins it.

If I eat too much Kimchi, I get a hangover.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I make my own Kimchi all the time. I didn't make this batch because the Asian market makes it fresh too (and delicious) and I picked some up when there yesterday.

It's not too hard to make as long as you can find the Diakon radishes. That, and the Korean hot (and I mean HOT) pepper flakes.

Heh, I made a batch last summer and put several jars into the fridge out in the garage. Around Thanksgiving I needed some room to put the turkey to thaw so I removed one of the jars and sat it on the shelf unit next to the fridge...and then promptly proceeded to forget about it. Along about mid-December or so I hear this giant KA-BOOM!! out in the garage! I go out to investigate and the second I open the door I am greeted by gleaming shards of glass everywhere and Kimchi dripping off the ceiling, walls and the entire contents of the garage. What a mess! As the cabbage in the Kimchi ferments it gives off gas which if left in a sealed jar will, well...explode!

ETA...yeah, if it starts to ferment (which is the traditional Korean way) it does get a little alcohol content from the fermentation process. I usually eat mine before that point. But yeah, too much of the fermented kind will give you hangover like symptoms.

edit on 9/17/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hahaha amazing! Exploding kimchi. That sux to clean up

new topics

top topics

join