It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: There's a 'game that’s being played to keep women in their place'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It seems as old Hillary never runs out of directions to point her finger when it comes to losing an election.

First it was millions of white males. And lets not forget the whole Russian hacking allegations.

Now it seems that it is women are just treated unfair in the work place.

Will it ever end?

But Clinton has also spoken candidly about how deep-rooted sexism played a hand in her defeat, and about the double standards she faced as the first woman nominated by a major party for president in America’s 240-year history.

Link to story

It really seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

As I recall the Clinton foundation paid their women far lower saleries than the paid their male counterparts.

Hillary Clinton says men and women should make equal pay. But the Clinton Foundation's leadership team had an average $81,000 average gender pay gap, according to the most recent figures available.

CNN

Do you suppose the old hag will ever just learn to shut her hole?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think I remember her other half didn't treat members of staff equally either

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

This is her moving pawns off the front row in the chess game that leads to 2020 re-match.

Every pity vote counts.

edit on 17-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It seems she was trying to boost the statistics to validate her own talking points.

Anyone who is influenced by statistics is "under the influence" anyways.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sounds like she is being racist, in her mind women cannot even cash in their white privilege, and that since a black man became POTUS she was entitled to it too.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I can only hope that anyone who still holds with her being any kind of a liberal leader will be able to see through her rhetoric and drop her like a bad apple before she spoils everything around her.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

This is her moving pawns off the front row in the chess game that leads to 2020 re-match.

Every pity vote counts.

Oh please. You had to put that image in my late night mind? Just dig me a hole and then cover me up.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

First woman? She calls herself a feminist and ignores Victoria Woodhull? She was an icon for women's suffrage and ran for president.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Every pity vote counts.

Oh please. You had to put that image in my late night mind? Just dig me a hole and then cover me up.

What, do you think she's just going to continually throw tantrums and then suddenly slink away to suffer in silence?

No, friend. She's transforming into Mecha-Hillary, and she will be back with a vengeance. Remember this post.

edit on 17-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clear what Clinton is up to here. She's attempting to write her place in history before anyone else does. I mean, the title of her book is a big give-away. But in terms of reputation self-management, it seems very misjudged. Because it doesn't protect her reputation at all, it simply flings blame everywhere but at herself, like some runaway muck-spreading tractor.

That's the big strategic mistake. She emerges spotless from her own account, and it just doesn't ring true. There's no sign of any introspection or self-criticism. Perhaps she figured that including that sort of material would give ammunition to her critics. But it's equally plausible, if not more so, that those qualities were missing because she doesn't have them in the first place.

This isn't to say that Clinton is evil, or mad, or any of the other smears on her character that have been daubed over and over again. And self-awareness and humility are not traits we normally associated with politicians anyway. But it is a bit of a nasty shock for those of us who thought she was a better grade of person than most of her peers. I did. And it looks like I was wrong. She's no Trump but she's certainly a grump.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Victoria Woodhull

I didn't vote for her, wasn't old enough to vote.

I have voted for women President twice, but neither one was a Clinton.
edit on 17-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As she recoils back to stirring her cauldron for spirit cooking.

"hubble bubble toil and trouble" ending with evil cackle.

edit on 17-9-2017 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

She is no woman.

She is a corrupt politician.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Victoria Woodhull

I didn't vote for her, wasn't old enough to vote.

I have voted for women President twice, but neither one was a Clinton.

You weren't old enough to vote in 1872? You were probably just too lazy to vote.

Freakin centenarians...
edit on 17-9-2017 by Abysha because: Maths

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

She is no woman.

She is a corrupt politician.

That's sexist, women can be anything in the 21st century.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Don't possible women voters outnumber men? Is she saying women are sexist? Maybe just the women in her blue wall?

I'm confused Hillary, who is sexist?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think she may be on to something. Remember when senate republicans silenced Senator Warren for talking ill of Senator Sessions during his confirmation but didnt silence any of her male counter parts who said the exact same things?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Clinton has a point only insofar as the fact it is difficult for women to break into politics in the US. The gender imbalance in the Senate and Congress is problematic. Sadly, Hilary Clinton was given a life from her husband, proving that nepotism is alive and well at the top of US politics. You could argue that she would have been a successful politician regardless, but would not have been presidential material. Look at the Bush dynasty for case in point.

These political families are part of the problem in US politics IMHO, and I'm not even American, so just looking in with an opinion.

Anyhow. On who Clinton blames... Well here's an interesting summary from her book.

- James Comey and the FBI
- Vladimir Putin and the Russians
- Barack Obama
- The media
- Bernie Sanders (and his supporters)
- Jill Stein
- Sexism, and yes the point of the OP
- White resentment
- herself, but not that much

BBC source

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

You weren't old enough to vote in 1872? You were probably just too lazy to vote.

I wasn't even a citizen yet. It wouldn't have been legal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join