It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like Hurricane MARIA Will Soon Be a Threat.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

We'll see if scientists are "surprised", or "at a loss for words", or "stunned", at how quickly Maria intensifies. Those words were used for Irma.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Following roughly the same track however Puerto Rico is in its path and they were spared the major force of Irma. They probably won't be as lucky this time.
The island will weaken the storm as all land masses do. So that will take some of the punch out of it.
Maria will be in an area conducive to rapid development with little wind shear and very warm water. It is forecast to become a major storm which is cat three or higher.
The last time I looked (last night) it didn't have any predictions for direction beyond Puerto Rico.
It's still east of the lesser Antilles and won't be near Puerto Rico until Tuesday.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They don't?

Check out the path of Dennis off the Virginia coast in 1999. That storm made moves like I've never a hurricane make. At one point the track traced an obtuse triangle and at another an uneven quadirlateral or trapazoid.

www.google.com...=Z_OzG2FWyHJ8zM :
edit on 9172017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

It's actually predicted to reach major hurricane strength. It is on the south end of a high pressure ridge over the atlantic which will keep it south over warm water with little to interfere with cloud height development. It most likely will strengthen. It's expected to become a hurricane today.
It's current movement is west north west.
Hurricane warnings have been issued for Dominica and tropical storm warnings have been issued for St. Lucia. There are also several watches posted.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Please....

Limit posts to on topic comments and updates about this Storm.... Please Stay On Topic

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

From June to November.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The only thing different is the amount of coverage. Got to cover something besides endless Desert Storm, russia gate, healthcare, trump, Korea.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The only thing different is the amount of coverage. Got to cover something besides endless Desert Storm, russia gate, healthcare, trump, Korea.

So they've been hiding other cases in the US of over 6 million people evacuating homes, and so on? Entire regions literally wiped out?

with multiple hits on the same area within months by insane weather?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Maria, Maria from the west side story, it is me or the Female latino Hurricanes this years are wrecking havoc, even Jose doesn't want to died down.

My parents in PR have not taken down the window planks they put in place for Irma because they know that is no over this hurricane season until the fat lady signs.

I think Maria is going to be a low key hurricane as a category 2, hit the Caribbean and then into the gulf when the warmer waters can make her a PMSing B, I, T, ch.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hurricanes are not insane, they are part of our weather patterns during the warmer months every year, we were lucky enough for a few decades to have milder seasons and just one or two big ones.

The tropics has always been active with hurricanes, when you live in the Islands of the Caribbean you prepare every year.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: intrptr

So they've been hiding other cases in the US of over 6 million people evacuating homes, and so on? Entire regions literally wiped out?

with multiple hits on the same area within months by insane weather?

Entire regions "wiped out". "Insane" weather. You either watch too much tv news or over exaggerate on their behalf.

Whatever. Texas and Florida, other gulf and atlantic states been hit by "insane" storms forever.

They're still there.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Why the name jump from Jose to Maria, I wonder? No "K" or "L" names available?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Katia hit Mexico around the time Irma was around FL Sep 9th. Lee is still swimming around in the ocean
edit on 17-9-2017 by OzManHero because: (no reason given)

(post by MysticPearl removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I can say one thing for sure at least in my area. Yesterday we headed out to the store to stock up and replenish on food and the shelves were still mostly empty aside from chips and junk like that. And with another possible storm coming if it holds together and keeps its current path , it will not be good. Hell we still have people without power, slim pickings of basic items and major intersections with no working traffic lights. And tomorrow starts school. Its been like a game of frogger for me all week just to commute.... For some reason people don't know what an intersection becomes with no traffic light.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Maria is a hurricane now
No updates from NOAA yet

edit on 17-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: marg6043

Why the name jump from Jose to Maria, I wonder? No "K" or "L" names available?

No, there was Katia amd Lee . Katia made landfall in Mexico. Lee is still a tropical storm, they get named once they become Tropical depression Status
edit on 17-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join