It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God a Gambler and is Gambling a sin?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'd say he's as qualified as anyone else.

But that's fine. Don't consider him or what he has to say about God if you don't want.

Still doesn't change the fact that an All Knowing Being wouldn't be capable of Gambling since they already know the outcome before hand.

Despite your childish anthropomorphic vision of God, an all knowing being would not have the desire to gamble since Omnipotence would already know or have experienced every possible facet of gambling. The OP is ill conceived since God IS every possibility.

Whoa, whoa, whoa my alien friend. My Childlike Anthropomorphic vision of God??? I'm afraid you have the wrong guy.

Besides that, you just said the same thing I did about Omnipotence already knowing the outcome of gambling and therefore making it pointless to even ask the question. So why is it brilliant when you say it but not when I say it???

I'm not sure if you have the wrong person here or what. But if you think I hold some anthropomorphic idea of God at all you'd be mistaken. I'm just answering the question the OP is asking. Not sure why you feel the need to act so dickish in your response to me either. I don't think you know the first thing about what I think, so why not hold off until you do before you start judging me.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
To me there’s a problem when people pigeonhole God one way or the other.

Omnipotence can also mean he or she can limit themselves, like a grownup can with children, and experience or enjoy some human emotions.

Don’t you see when you say God can’t do this or that for this or that reason, then you’ve limited God. A contradiction in terms of saying she is omnipotent.

Heshe is also versatile

God is every5thing

Infinite possibilities

I’ll leave the 5

Take it as a hint

edit on 17-9-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

edit on 19-9-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: DpatC
On one of my bookshelves at home I have noticed that a strange order of books that got me asking the question as to whether God is a gambler or not and if Gambling is a sin.
Let me explain one one shelf I have the forllowing order of books
Cisco - Network Fundamentals
Lost Languaguages - by Andrew robertson
Cuneiform - reading the past - CBF Walker
The origins of words and phrases - readers digest
Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary
Ontop of these books I have stacked the following Books on top of one another - in order
Sports Arbitrage by Rajeev Shah
A history of God - Karen Armstrong
The case for God - Karen Armstrong
Grow -- Jim Stengal
And on top of all that a book on terminology for Artifical Intelligence.
"God" must have been a gambler! Any thoughts?

We are the inner workings or chaos.

It would seem that somebody has worked the order and content of those books out! Well done I'm impressed!!!!!You can create order from chaos, how to do that well that would be an entirely different thread. Luckily my family are experts in the inner workings of Chaos. So I ask you - is "God" a gambler?
May the light be with you -- D

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
God is what you believe. He is within you and is your reflection. Therefore, if you are a gambler, then God will be a gambler.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Icemutator
God is what you believe. He is within you and is your reflection. Therefore, if you are a gambler, then God will be a gambler.

God is what is seeing/hearing whatever appears.
What appears is an expression of God.

The seer and seen are one.

(post by Icemutator removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by LexiCooper removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join