It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left is more of a threat to Reporters than Trump is

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

All those rioters are right-wing provocateurs pretending to be left-wingers.

You guys use that excuse a lot, I thought I'd use it too.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sure right after you show me real terrorist activities like running a car into a crowd of people killing one and injuring 30 or more.

He wasn't a 'right winger' in terms that matter to political ideology. He is only a 'right winger' as far as it is convenient to 'left wingers.'

Show me the Democeatic rally where the speaker urged on mob violence against protesters.

You mean like when President Obama told people to bring a gun to a knife fight, get in people's faces, punish enemies?

You mean like when Tim Kaine told Democrats to “fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box"?

How about when Loretta Lynch said people may need to march, bleed and die in the streets?

Then you can show me how many "left" people have burned churches,

You mean like all those supposed churches in 2016 that were actually burned by Democrat members of the congregation?

Then of course there's the OWS, the BLM, the ELF, the 60's riots and Weather Underground, Antifa (can't forget them) destroying private property...

blown up abortion clinics ...

Fair call on that one. And it has been denounced.

you know the legacy of right wing violence over a century in this country.

You want to go back 100 years?

Trying to assassinate GOP congressmen, assassinating Kennedy, attempted assassinations on Ford and Reagan...

The Democrat-created KKK and all their burnings? Jim Crowe. Segregation. Calling the dogs on protesters...

Of course, there will be (incorrect) push-back that the Democrats and Republicans switched sides. That is so old.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

All those rioters are right-wing provocateurs pretending to be left-wingers.

You guys use that excuse a lot, I thought I'd use it too.

But we have court cases and their own statements on TV proving otherwise. The Berkely middle school teacher with BAAM springs to mind. They are proud of what they do and don't hide their leftist goals. It's a weak argument to be honest, with no proof to back it up.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It's a weak argument to be honest, with no proof to back it up.

Oh, I agree, it is a weak argument so stop using it when the shoe is on the other foot.

edit on 9/16/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Sure right after you show me real terrorist activities like running a car into a crowd of people killing one and injuring 30 or more. Show me the Democeatic rally where the speaker urged on mob violence against protesters. Then you can show me how many "left" people have burned churches, blown up abortion clinics ... you know the legacy of right wing violence over a century in this country.

That was a single person. He didn't try to shut down a speaker. It's to be condemned but to be honest, considering how the police allowed a free for all, I'm surprised the death toll wasn't higher on both sides. If the Alt Right were as violent as you claim, Charlottesville would have been bathed in blood.

Keep trying I'm sure you can find an example. The Tolerant left won't even let the right speak and uses violence to make sure they don't. Defend those actions.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Since you asked so nicely...

Show me the Democeatic rally where the speaker urged on mob violence against protesters.

edit on 16-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

He wasn't a 'right winger' in terms that matter to political ideology. He is only a 'right winger' as far as it is convenient to 'left wingers.'

Do you know how painfully ironic that statement is?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yeah. Trying to shut down a speaker is as bad as murdering people.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I can eaisly condemn the henious car attack. Why can't you do the same for the actions of those on your side?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I can eaisly condemn the henious car attack. Why can't you do the same for the actions of those on your side?

You have not been paying attention. Take off your partisan blinders.
BTW Antifa people are anarchists, not "leftists".

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Everyone done with that arguement. The left are willing accomplices with Antifa. You marched with them and didn't kick them out like Oathkeepers do to extremists.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Everyone done with that arguement. The left are willing accomplices with Antifa. You marched with them and didn't kick them out like Oathkeepers do to extremists.

The right didn't kick the white supremacists and KKK out. You want to play that game?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The right didn't kick the white supremacists and KKK out. You want to play that game?

They condemn them for their beliefs. Are you condemning ANTIFA? I don't recall this past election the KKK or White Supremacists using violence to routinely shut down leftist speakers. Please point those instances out.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

They condemn them for their beliefs. Are you condemning ANTIFA? I don't recall this past election the KKK or White Supremacists using violence to routinely shut down leftist speakers. Please point those instances out.

If you had to ask me if I condemn Antifa that proves you have partisan blinders on.
And I find it interesting that you are asking me to ignore the murders on the right.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Right, you're interested in one thing and one thing only ... blaming "the left" for the events that have happened at protests ... and you want to lump BLM, "ANTIFA" and Black Americans who have had enough of the discriminatory BS from Law Enforcement and the legal system ... along with all your complaints about Liberals and Progressives ... and your partisan carping about the Democratic Party ... all composted together into a big stinking pile.

Your post wants to deny and apologize for the prevalence of right-wing terrorism, because it's carried out differently than what you want to draw attention to. You want to pretend like murder, arson and bombings are ... just "one-offs"

This is a mainline hypocrisy in "right-wing" thinking.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That wasn't mob violence against a protester ... that was a silly reaction on the part of one professor (who was disciplined, by the by) to one "citizen journalist" who wanted to provoke reaction and did so.

Nice try.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What's ironic is that you're trying to use one extremist side of the political spectrum to excuse the actions of the extremists on the other side.

They're both a bunch of assholes, I condemn any kind of violence on both sides of the fence and both sides are guilty of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Link

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You think Oathkeepers and 3%'ers are equivalent to the KKK, Nazis, BLM or ANTIFA?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Link

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join