It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left is more of a threat to Reporters than Trump is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I Blame the media more. They control the agenda

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Eldest808

How come his white privilege didn't protect him?

More seriously though, the young man who gets in the old man-reporter's face is a punk. He's a real tough guy when picking on an old man with hundreds of his friends around. This is the same type of guy who cries when he's brought in front of the judge the next morning.

Also, what type of political movement doesn't want press coverage? None, they all want press coverage. Thus, it is not a political movement, it is a poor attempt at revolution.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I Blame the media more. They control the agenda

I blame the people that allow them control over themselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You know it is an interesting point you raise. I think the whole left-right paradigm is losing it's value. For instance, the right used to favor the police and "intelligence" agencies and the left would deplore them. Now some of the right sees a vast conspiracy of intelligence gathering and police state tactics in furtherance of the corporatocracy. There's many other examples from both ends of the spectrum.

People are just no longer accepting the party line of their chosen party. On some threads I'm accused of being a Trumpkin and on others of supporting Hillary when in fact I didn't vote for either of them.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

If Hitler were alive today he'd most likely be a part of the right.

And no, that doesn't mean all conservatives are Hitler silly, I'm just pointing out the fact that left and right have many shades of gray in-between the black and white narrative you're buying into.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I never said or implied that there was not degrees of left and right. You seem to be replying to, and countering arguments that I am not making. I can't decide if your high, drunk, a bit of both, or just a bit detached at the moment.

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

edit on 16-9-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That war was over long ago

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Your posts in this thread say otherwise. You keep using the term "left" which includes all of the gray areas in-between the extreme left and the center. You see something an extremist does then slap "the left" on them and lump everyone who identifies as liberal into your own little "extremist" box.

Shame on you, you should know better, especially with all the complaints about all conservatives being considered neo-nazi's based on the actions of the few.
edit on 9/16/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That war was over long ago

Well that's defeatist and doesn't allow for personal accountability. I don't ascribe to that.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's realistic. A lot of American voters fit that profile.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The people who have been given no education, have had their addiction problems treated like crimes, that have had no services for mental health issues? The people who were given sex-ed in 4th grade so they could begin creating the new generation of wards of the state before they could drive or vote? The people who are set up by the system to have no father at home? The people who have no grocery stores in their neighborhoods and are forced to live on fast food and quick-e-mart food? The people who have been #ed by the system for generations? Ya, I blame them too.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Your replies to me are getting progressively bizarre.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The left has always been significantly more dangerous and murderous than the right...

Nice to see someone acknowledge the right is dangerous. BTW, what is "more"? A lot more? Only a little bit more?

I would say a wider base of people on the left are willing to use violence as opposed to the number of KKK, Nazis and white supremacists on the right. The left has more footsoldiers willing to do physical harm to people and property as we have seen. When was the last rigjht wing riot where they destroyed a city or part of a community?

Thats because you are believing the lines prepared for you by the media you ingest. There is and has been far more violence (including murder, arson and other forms of terrorism) in the US from extremist "right-wing" individuals than from anyone "on the left."

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Eldest808

I'd still like to have this threads definitions of "left" and "right" ... the meaning seems to ebb and flow with the narratives of the individual posters ....

If you watch the News you already know what the definitions are.

I don't depend on "the News" for my definitions, friend.

You apparently do though, so, define them for me. One sentence. Ten words or less if you need to.

You depend on individuals to tell you what it factual, but not the media who created it?

Some guy on ATS is more relevant than some guy on the news?

lol

Har har.

Work on your sarcasm detection chief.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Noted.

NO MSM, just ATS members to fill you in.
edit on 16/9/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

LOL what's wrong ... you don't trust ATS more than MSM?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Again, show me right wing people rioting in a city and blocking people attending someone speaking. Most of the activities in protests the past year or so have been leftists blocking and destroying things. Go look.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Sure right after you show me real terrorist activities like running a car into a crowd of people killing one and injuring 30 or more. Show me the Democeatic rally where the speaker urged on mob violence against protesters. Then you can show me how many "left" people have burned churches, blown up abortion clinics ... you know the legacy of right wing violence over a century in this country.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Now, please explain how you can tie this event together with Trump's threats and actions to interfere with First Amendment freedoms?

Please elaborate when Trump passed laws (or threatened to pass laws) to interfere with:

1) the free exercise of religion
2) freedom of speech
3) freedom of the press
4) the right of the people peaceably to assemble
5) the right of the people to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Considering the President can't pass laws that might take a while for you to find...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

How? I'm just pointing out how you're doing the same exact thing you complain about others doing, painting with broad brushstrokes.

If "the left" is represented by all these extremist Antifa members then "the right" is represented by all those extremist neo-nazi's.

I don't believe either of those things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join