It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left is more of a threat to Reporters than Trump is

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Eldest808

a reply to: intrepid

I'd still like to have this threads definitions of "left" and "right" ... the meaning seems to ebb and flow with the narratives of the individual posters ....

If you watch the News you already know what the definitions are.

I don't depend on "the News" for my definitions, friend.

You apparently do though, so, define them for me. One sentence. Ten words or less if you need to.

The true Racists who founded WS groups,Supported Slavery, Segregation
edit on 16-9-2017 by Eldest808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'd still like to have this threads definitions of "left" and "right" ... the meaning seems to ebb and flow with the narratives of the individual posters ....

You apparently do though, so, define them for me. One sentence. Ten words or less if you need to.

The true Racists who founded WS groups,Supported Slavery & Segregation

Southerners are all Leftists?

Wow.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

As, I sometimes say ... you can't make this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Is it a logical fallacy that will get him laughed out of a highschool debate class Joshua???

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Wow.

I never said Southerns. But if you want Specifics Look at the History of the Democrat Party. There the ones who Supported Jim Crow, turned away Jews escaping Hitler, Sided with Stalin(worse than Hitler), and Moved German and Japanese American Citizens to Concentration Camps.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Wow.

I never said Southerns. But if you want Specifics Look at the History of the Democrat Party. There the ones who Supported Jim Crow, turned away Jews escaping Hitler, Sided with Stalin(worse than Hitler), and Moved German and Japanese American Citizens to Concentration Camps.

Well, you did give a list of characteristics of this apparently imaginary "left" of yours ... all of which were performed by Southern White Men.

Yeah, I've heard the mindless spiel about the Democrats before. SO is that who you mean are "the left"? Democrats?

All of them? Do you have to be a registered Dem to be a leftist?

What about members of the Communist Party USA? They're not "left" in your book?

You seem a bit confused; I'm not really sure you've thought this through.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I don't know why anyone uses 'left' and 'right' when, chances are, we are talking about 'Democrats' and 'Republicans.'

95% of voters vote 'Democrat' and 'Republican.' People are only protecting the corrupt two parties by using the terms "left" and "right."

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I don't know why anyone uses 'left' and 'right' when, chances are, we are talking about 'Democrats' and 'Republicans.'

95% of voters vote 'Democrat' and 'Republican.' People are only protecting the corrupt two parties by using the terms "left" and "right."

Good point. Further, people don't seem to know what the current parties stand for or their modern characteristics.

I say we drop all the BS labels and just deal with the facts as best we can. That way we aren't falling prey to the rampant logical fallacies we see all the time in these threads.

For example, it is much more descriptive in regard to this thread to refer to "angry citizens of St. Louis" than "leftists" or "Democrats" etc.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I agree that's probably more accurate for this situation.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The left has always been significantly more dangerous and murderous than the right...

Nice to see someone acknowledge the right is dangerous. BTW, what is "more"? A lot more? Only a little bit more?

I would say a wider base of people on the left are willing to use violence as opposed to the number of KKK, Nazis and white supremacists on the right. The left has more footsoldiers willing to do physical harm to people and property as we have seen. When was the last rigjht wing riot where they destroyed a city or part of a community?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I was actually pointing out the ridiculousness of both. Not only the actions but the way people here quantify them.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What exactly is "the left"? It seems to be a popular broad brushstroke around here. Is there any definition of what "the left" is or is it only used to label everyone you disagree with?

If the WBC protests a soldiers funeral does that automatically mean that "Christians" are unpatriotic? If not then why use such a broad label for "the left" when you see something you don't like?

If someone from the south puts up something in his front yard that resembles a black man being hung, does that mean "southerners" are racist?

I really do hate all these labels being thrown around, their definition seems to change to whatever is most convenient for the one using it at any given time.
edit on 9/16/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well that looks like local news, which actually do excersize a bit of autonony and often are the only voices of sanity.

Now if that were MSNBC CNN WaPo etc would that have happened? Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: CulturalResilience

BWAHAHAHA

Man that's hilarious...

I thought the left was a bunch of over sensitive snowflakes scared of their shadows..

Now they are rabid warriors to be feared..

Y'all should get your propaganda straight. I don't think both of those things ever apply to the a single group.

The murdering and violence I am referring to is that committed in the Russia/Soviet Union, in China and on the wider south East Asian peninsula by the left wing governments and its supporters. Your Strawman, logical fallacy is what looks hilarious.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Did you know that Hitler was Christian and the Catholic church supported him at one point? What do you think of that? Or was he not a "true Scotsman"?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I was actually pointing out the ridiculousness of both. Not only the actions but the way people here quantify them.

Fine. It's not just people here quantifying them now, it's Average people seeing who is doing the violence. Not all on the right or left espouse violence, but people are seeing who's does it more.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Eldest808

LOL ... because all Blacks carry "shanks" ???

I agree with you on self-defense though. Members of the crowd were assaulting him, quite clearly.

You only saw 'blacks' in the crowd?
Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Did you know that Hitler was Christian and the Catholic church supported him at one point? What do you think of that? Or was he not a "true Scotsman"?

And your point is?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You depend on individuals to tell you what it factual, but not the media who created it?

Some guy on ATS is more relevant than some guy on the news?

lol

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Fine. It's not just people here quantifying them now, it's Average people seeing who is doing the violence. Not all on the right or left espouse violence, but people are seeing who's does it more.

The violence sweepstakes. "Who's tonight's winner Ed?"

Jeez people can be silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join