It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wordpress newb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Oops. Mods move to website design please.

Wordpress ust drives me nuts. Is there a tutorial someplace to grasp a firm understanding of what is going on? It just feels sooooo limiting and I know it can do more. The code I put in didn't display right. The workable area was driving me nuts because it was so narrow. Arrrgghhhh....

Whenever I tried to find some useful about what is going on and how to customize it I would just end up reading (or watching) how to download joe schmoe's theme. Not necessarily what I was looking for.

Now the reason I want to understand it better is pure and simple I want to crank out websites on the cheap (as in my time and effort, and hosting).

For my site I temporarily gave up on Wordpress and let go of tables (yeah, it's been a while) and embraced DIV's. PHP doesn't seem to have changed much (thank god).

It's part of the other question I asked pertaining to cloud storage. I've worked with cloud storage for businesses but haven't really seen anything along those lines. Something where everybody sees there files like they are local but some items will get pulled from the cloud due to the timestamp on the file. Oops, getting sidetracked here....

Yeah, Wordpress. ##%@#$#@@!!.....
edit on 16-9-2017 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Apollumi
Is there a tutorial someplace to grasp a firm understanding of what is going on?

I don't know , but there's something going on and it's bad...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh now. That's off topic.

That aside. You have no idea how bad it's gonna get. Humanity, it just need to do some house cleaning every now and then. Instinctive, like an animal... Dying time is soon.

Until then though. I'm gonna try and learn me some Wordpress.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you're asking for.

Do you want to build your own themes and plugins to crank out these cheap sites, or do you want to use existing WP themes and plugins?

Do you have Wordpress installed locally?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm using xampp locally. My website currently has wordpress installed. I'm about to remove it for that domain.

But, I want to use it for customer sites. Currently I'm dealing with themes and plugins. As an example I was a cinematographer in the service. With my Nikon I could control depth of field, shutter speed, etc at will. Automatic cameras of the time didn't allow you to control diddly.

I feel like that with Wordpress. I feel like it's an automatic camera. I guess that is what you mean by rolling out sites cheap. Just plug in your values and images and publish. I feel like I am stuck with themes but I don't "think" I want to write my own themes just yet.

originally posted by: Bone75

I'm not sure what you're asking for.

Do you want to build your own themes and plugins to crank out these cheap sites, or do you want to use existing WP themes and plugins?

Do you have Wordpress installed locally?

top topics

join