It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept 16th In a few hours Richmond VA will be Cville 2.0

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 757GhoT
a reply to: BlueJacket

www.13newsnow.com...

Thanks Blue

So I must admit something doesnt sound right about this... Antifa and BLM were supposed to be out there in full force, and multiple other pro-monument groups were supposed to be out theren in full force... but it seems that wasnt the case... I really hope our statie friend comes as usual tomorrow so can chat about this.

I have seen (and talked with) a number of conservative friends who were "loaded for bear" on the news (from ... mysterious sources) that ANTIFA/BLM were going to show up at a local gun show. They never showed because someone assumed there would be protesters or heard there would be protesters and the first thing everyone then assumed was that "protester=ANTIFA and BLM."

At the one show that I worked, I kept pointing out that ANTIFA/BLM weren't tweeting about it and that it wasn't anything they were interested in protesting and that it was unlikely they could come into a hotel and stage a protest (outside, maybe...nnot inside)... AND that the BLM/ANTIFA Twitter feeds hadn't mentioned them.

I bet your friend's source heard "protesters will show up" and immediately thought BLM/ANTIFA without actually checking to see if those groups were even thinking about showing up.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The statue wasn't removed.
They installed fencing around it ahead of the protests to protect it.
edit on 9172017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yep, sounds like he or she is in poor health and needed rest

Yeah I saw that. I feel like a heel now.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Apparent the only counter protesters were the Unitarian Universalist church, the Richmond peace education center and the Virginia interfaith council.
Local news is calling it a win for Richmond that the confederate States groups rally was pretty much a bust.
It's all good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join